Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burfict smackin' on the Bengals..
(08-07-2019, 04:32 PM)TopSix Wrote: Why would anything he did at Arizona State 8 years ago impact today?

You are not making sense. 

I am saying that if he is complaining about players not getting along in the locker room maybe he was the reason.

Like Howard Stern complaining about dirty talk on the radio.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 07:38 PM)TopSix Wrote: You’re just desperate to find an excuse not to believe it

I am not desperate at all.

So far the ONLY player to say anything like this is a guy who got in foights with his own teammates.

You may not like what the Bengals did on the filed or how Marvin coached, but there is absoluitely ZERO evidence that there were problem between teammates in the Benagls lock roomn.

If Burfict had claimed the wweather was better in California a certain group here would start blaming Marvin.  
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 08:53 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Burfict is a hero in Bengal lore, he gave so many black eyes on the steelers everytime we played them. He put them in check with their dirty hits. They knew if they play dirty, dirty was ready to pound back. If there ever is a karma, he was the squeelers karma. There's a little spot for him in my bengal heart.

Absolutely!  And I will be watching that steelers/Raiders game hoping he destroys Piggy.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 07:38 PM)TopSix Wrote: Joe Mixon punched a woman.

So now whenever he talks, it should be discredited. That is your take.

What VB did 8 years ago doesn’t impact his ability to talk about his former team 8 years later.

You’re just desperate to find an excuse not to believe it

Mixon made a mistake. He apologized for it and seemed genuinely remorseful. I believe his college coaches vouched for him afterwards.

There were enough concerns surrounding burfict that he fell out of the draft entirely.

I’m willing to bet you’ve made a mistake in your life. Should we stop listening to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 09:51 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Mixon made a mistake. He apologized for it and seemed genuinely remorseful. I believe his college coaches vouched for him afterwards.

There were enough concerns surrounding burfict that he fell out of the draft entirely.

I’m willing to bet you’ve made a mistake in your life. Should we stop listening to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re agreeing with me. Just because Mixon/burfict did someone in college doesn’t mean what they would say now is incorrect

Burficts off the field and on the field issues don’t impact his ability to talk about his former teams shortcomings
Reply/Quote
Off topic, but I still don't understand how so many Bengal fans were such big fans of a dirty unreliable player that did more to hinder their team rather than help it over the last few seasons.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 10:01 AM)TopSix Wrote: You’re agreeing with me.   Just because Mixon/burfict did someone in college doesn’t mean what they would say now is incorrect

Burficts off the field and on the field issues don’t impact his ability to talk about his former teams shortcomings

Nor does it mean that what he says is correct.  

The fact that his behavior has been an issue for eight (public) years despite the welcome he had here and the mentoring he had from Marvin and Guenther would seem to indicate that he had the inability to control his behavior, or experience any contrition.   That would suggest that his perception of things is impaired.

No guarantee of either case.   I was so impressed by his abilities as a player, but so frustrated with the never ending problems that inhered with him, and disgusted with the low rent things he did to other players.  I would be very concerned about our players' health when we play the Raiders - especially after what he said.

And I'll be interested to see how long things in paradise retain their bloom after the honeymoon ends.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 11:09 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I'm with you guys on this.

I generally wish all our ex players well, once they move on.

I genuinely only despise one - Kimo. I don't care what he says, he did it intentionally.

But I digress.

Best of luck Vontaze. Hope you get a stomach virus the week we play the Raiders! Otherwise; give 'em hell.

Not me.. Once they leave I hope they all fall flat on their faces and never succeed anywhere other than with the Bengals. I'm selfish that way. I want OUR team to win and don't give a rats rectum about other teams not named the Bengals.  Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 03:55 PM)grampahol Wrote: Not me.. Once they leave I hope they all fall flat on their faces and never succeed anywhere other than with the Bengals. I'm selfish that way. I want OUR team to win and don't give a rats rectum about other teams not named the Bengals.  Whatever

It's that type of karma that's the root cause of global warming, Gramps. Let alone creation of creatures like Topsix.

Please repent and ask for forgiveness.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 04:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It really says something when a rookie comes into the Pros and can tell it is off. That is basically saying that there was more accountability in college then there was in the Bengals locker room.

It does say a lot.

(08-08-2019, 08:07 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I see all the locker room disconnect as coming from Marvin. Mentality starts at the top and he was the big cheese in that locker room. Its obvious he lost control not just in 2015 but also with Chad Ocho back in the day. Yeah Hill and Burfict and bad reffing cost us the playoff win against Poopsburgh, but Marvin stood there like a deer in the headlights and the same exact team who made it to that game, melted down underachieved every year after it. Marvin sucked at handling adversity. And his "we just got to make football plays on the football field" type comments after every game apparently had about the same effect on the players as it did the fans. Taylor's attitude so far is completely refreshing after having to deal with tired ol Marv for too long.

Spot on Bengaloo.

Marv couldn't handle adversity at all in big games. Starts from coaching on down.

Can call out MB all we want and the players but MB wasn't the coach and the players play for their coach.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 05:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Can call out MB all we want and the players but MB wasn't the coach and the players play for their coach.

MB without Marvin as head coach...… 55-137-0 .286  zero winning seasons

MB with Marvin as head coach...……..131-122-3  .518  7 playoff appearnces

Yeah, Marvin is clearly the problem.  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 05:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: MB with Marvin as head coach...……..131-122-3  .518  7 playoff appearnces

Yeah, Marvin is clearly the problem.  Rolleyes

Marvin was really good... in about half of the years he spent here. His message got stale here twice. So yeah, he's been a big part of the problem at times.

When even his BFF Vontaze is calling it out, that says a lot.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 06:15 PM)NKURyan Wrote: When even his BFF Vontaze is calling it out, that says a lot.

Burfict appears to be full of shit.  He currently has teammates that the team does not even know where he is.  Don't know how that is so much better than the Bengals under Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 06:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burfict appears to be full of shit.  He currently has teammates that the team does not even know where he is.  Don't know how that is so much better than the Bengals under Marvin Lewis.

Lol. Quite the deduction.

Vonztez Burficts comments about the Bengals are full of shit, because the Raiders don’t know where Antonio Brown is.

This is some Hobson level stuff. But even more desperate
Reply/Quote
I don't mind. I'm not in the locker room, he might be telling the truth. I loved Burfict. He was about the only one who would stand up against the Steelers BS.

Just too bad he couldn't stay out of trouble on the field, not to mention so many concussions, I was sure he would retire
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 09:30 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If he wanted to take a real shot at someone he would.

This needs to be filed in the "whatever" category.

Nobody should report this and nobody should care.

It's not like Jeremy Hill's little gem of a half-wit shot at our fan base.

What's with these clowns though. Hill and Burfict are 2 of the key components that cost us a playoff win. Both jackasses if they talk smack about the Bengals. Not that I consider what Burfict said worthy of "smack talk" but it's pretty silly to be negative towards an organization that gave you a chance as a UDFA when nobody had him on their draft board, not to mention all the bs the team has put up with over the years with him.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 12:53 AM)TKUHL Wrote: What's with these clowns though. Hill and Burfict are 2 of the key components that cost us a playoff win. Both jackasses if they talk smack about the Bengals. Not that I consider what Burfict said worthy of "smack talk" but it's pretty silly to be negative towards an organization that gave you a chance as a UDFA when nobody had him on their draft board, not to mention all the bs the team has put up with over the years with him.

Hill took it to a whole other level.

Made fun of our fan base when he himself did NOTHING to win a Super Bowl.

What HE DID DO is help lose a playoff game for THIS fan base.

Even Eddie Vedder would tell him to shut his damn trap.

Burfict has personality and rage disorders when playing football.

We've seen it with our own eyeballs.

However the NFL and fans act like he's Ray Carruth or something.

The only thing I truly miss and wish he was...  is a linebacker with some fire that can not only stop a player once they cross the LOS but make a difference in the backfield with tackles for loss.

Marvin sure had a hard time landing a stellar linebacker and VB was his last hope.

So if anything... yeah... blame Marvin.  He's just as much responsible for having here in the first place.

That being said.  Burfict probably was an ass.  Maybe he turned complacent and it showed to his team mates?

Who knows?  Like any work place you're going to have co-workers whose personalities clash but try to make it work.

Apparently the grass is greener for VB in Oakland.  Big freakin' deal.  NOT NEWSWORTHY!   Yawn
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 06:52 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Hill took it to a whole other level.

Made fun of our fan base when he himself did NOTHING to win a Super Bowl.

What HE DID DO is help lose a playoff game for THIS fan base.

Even Eddie Vedder would tell him to shut his damn trap.

Burfict has personality and rage disorders when playing football.

We've seen it with our own eyeballs.

However the NFL and fans act like he's Ray Carruth or something.

The only thing I truly miss and wish he was...  is a linebacker with some fire that can not only stop a player once they cross the LOS but make a difference in the backfield with tackles for loss.

Marvin sure had a hard time landing a stellar linebacker and VB was his last hope.

So if anything... yeah... blame Marvin.  He's just as much responsible for having here in the first place.

That being said.  Burfict probably was an ass.  Maybe he turned complacent and it showed to his team mates?

Who knows?  Like any work place you're going to have co-workers whose personalities clash but try to make it work.

Apparently the grass is greener for VB in Oakland.  Big freakin' deal.  NOT NEWSWORTHY!   Yawn

Yeah, Hill was way worse. It's like he was looking for someone to smacktalk but knew he was so bad there weren't really any targets out there for him so he figured he'd go after the most tortured fanbase in the NFL only to basically end up slam dunking on himself.

Jeremy Hill was not a smart dude lol.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 07:14 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Yeah, Hill was way worse. It's like he was looking for someone to smacktalk but knew he was so bad there weren't really any targets out there for him so he figured he'd go after the most tortured fanbase in the NFL only to basically end up slam dunking on himself.

Jeremy Hill was not a smart dude lol.

Yeah, any time that an athlete feels the need to go after fans, in an effort to make himself feel better, that's a him problem and not a fan problem..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 04:14 PM)XsandOs Wrote: It's that type of karma that's the root cause of global warming, Gramps. Let alone creation of creatures like Topsix.

Please repent and ask for forgiveness.

Nah...you gotta be dead for karma to take effect. I'm not writing this from the grave quite yet.  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote