Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season
(01-11-2016, 09:48 PM)McC Wrote: When Mr. Rooney called Roger, he wanted 8 games but Roger, man of principal that he is, talked him down to three with the promise to schedule both Bengal/Steeler games in the first three weeks.

If the suspension is upheld, I could see us playing Pittsburgh in the first 3 weeks. That'd be the NFL's way of policing the game. Remove one of the agitators and hope for the best.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Complete and utter bullshit! The Steelers can time after time take peoples heads off and get nothing! Ask Keith Rivers, Kevin Huber, Gio, Tyler Eifert just to name a few. I am beyond livid. I truly honestly think the NFL is out to screw any team that isn't big market/big money!
Reply/Quote
Burfict's response supposedly coming up on NFL Network
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:53 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If the suspension is upheld, I could see us playing Pittsburgh in the first 3 weeks. That'd be the NFL's way of policing the game. Remove one of the agitators and hope for the best.

I would practically guarantee we will play the Steelers at least once during his suspension, whatever it ends up being.  If it's three games, they will be our toughest three opponents.

The Bengals pulled back the curtain and that cannot be allowed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The Bengals are officially "The Starks"

Keep getting sht on and no progress. Looking like the Bad guys. FML....

Dumb stupid National fixed league!

[Image: daltongot-590x422.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Shazier and Porter should be suspended. And because it's a coach they should take draft picks from the steelers for Porter's actions.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:53 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If the suspension is upheld, I could see us playing Pittsburgh in the first 3 weeks. That'd be the NFL's way of policing the game. Remove one of the agitators and hope for the best.

I could see that instead of holding the refs to a higher standard or giving them better tools to succeed.
Reply/Quote
Bengals can beat the steelers without Burfict and with Dalton, I believe. I'd like to see his suspension reduced or eliminated and perhaps suspensions coming for the Steelers team, why not suspend Joey Porter for the remaining of the playoffs? Would be fun to continue on with no coach. Burfict does play a pivotal role in our Defense, no doubt, but Dalton was averaging 30 a game. The offense was eating his loss.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:55 PM)McC Wrote: I would practically guarantee we will play the Steelers at least once during his suspension, whatever it ends up being.  If it's three games, they will be our toughest three opponents.

The Bengals pulled back the curtain and that cannot be allowed.

^^This....I say bring them on...
Reply/Quote
Ndamukong Suh, a well known dirty player, got one game suspension that was then reduced to a 70k fine for blatantly stomping on Aaron Rodgers ankle in 2014. What a bag of bullshit from the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:51 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Hilarious

Whatever we're the bad guys. I'm starting to like it anyways.

You know what? I share these sentiments. Even if it did ultimately cost us the game, I don't mind being the bad guys. Teams will take notice, and quite honestly, will be borderline afraid of what might happen. It'll always be in the back of their minds and anything that can drop the focus of an opposing player, even a little bit, isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Reply/Quote
Circle the wagona, fellas. Next season is Cincinnati against the world. Eff 'em all.
Reply/Quote
NFL has just lost my last dollar. His hit on the flailing and acting Brown could best be described as "glancing". I bet Brown doesn't even miss the next game.

Mike Mitchell knocks Eifert out for three games....nothing. And he is a repeat offender.

Mike Mitchell head shots Marvin Jones, tells AJ Green: "You're next"....nothing.

Shazier hits Gio in the face with the crown of his helmet...nothing.

Their backup TE takes a blatant knee shot on Burfict in the end zone in the second meeting....nothing.

Two of the steelers coaches incite conflicts on the sidelines and on the field....piddly fine.

There is a DEATH THREAT ON A PLAYER from some low life steeler....nothing.

Burfict, has three Unnecessary Roughness fouls this year...suspended for three games.

This is the NFL....Money, Greed, and assbags.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Bengals can beat the steelers without Burfict and with Dalton, I believe. I'd like to see his suspension reduced or eliminated and perhaps suspensions coming for the Steelers team, why not suspend Joey Porter for the remaining of the playoffs? Would be fun to continue on with no coach. Burfict does play a pivotal role in our Defense, no doubt, but Dalton was averaging 30 a game. The offense was eating his loss.

Bengals will sweep Pittsburgh next year, mark it down.

Reply/Quote
Supposedly there was something with Maxx Williams from last week that also played into the equation.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:59 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: You know what? I share these sentiments. Even if it did ultimately cost us the game, I don't mind being the bad guys. Teams will take notice, and quite honestly, will be borderline afraid of what might happen. It'll always be in the back of their minds and anything that can drop the focus of an opposing player, even a little bit, isn't necessarily a bad thing.

We're the Miami Heat of the NFL now. It's time we all buy Burfict jerseys. We are now both doubted and hated, in some's eyes.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:59 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: Ndamukong Suh got one game suspension for blatantly stomping on Aaron Rodgers ankle in 2014.  What a bag of bullshit from the NFL.

I commented on the NFL.com story about it and some steelers fan claimed that Burfict deserved it because he was a "repeat offender" and that Harrisons past actions didn't matter because they happened before 2012. 

Oh and then you have all the idiots calling for a year long suspension or for him to be arrested while simultaneously calling the Shazier hit good clean football.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We're the Miami Heat of the NFL now. It's time we all buy Burfict jerseys. We are now both doubted and hated, in some's eyes.
I hope it is not for 3 games.
Reply/Quote
Bogus suspension...and of course the dirt bag Steelers will get nothing.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: NFL has just lost my last dollar.  His hit on the flailing and acting Brown could best be described as "glancing".  I bet Brown doesn't even miss the next game.  

Mike Mitchell knocks Eifert out for three games....nothing.  And he is a repeat offender.

Mike Mitchell head shots Marvin Jones, tells AJ Green:  "You're next"....nothing.

Shazier hits Gio in the face with the crown of his helmet...nothing.

Their backup TE takes a blatant knee shot on Burfict in the end zone in the second meeting....nothing.

Two of the steelers coaches incite conflicts on the sidelines and on the field....piddly fine.

There is a DEATH THREAT ON A PLAYER from some low life steeler....nothing.

Burfict, has three Unnecessary Roughness fouls this year...suspended for three games.

This is the NFL....Money, Greed, and assbags.

Spot on.

Reply/Quote