Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season
(01-11-2016, 10:37 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: I do agree that Burfict could have really cleaned him out, and the reciever might have sold it, but the point wont change that Burfict should not have put himself in that position.

In position to stop one of the best receivers in the NFL from catching the ball? He isn't magic. It was a bang bang play. Game is on the line. He sold out to get to the intended receiver. Brown was in the process of landing. I don't think many people can run full speed and have a body fall in front of them and avoid a collision within one step.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: In position to stop one of the best receivers in the NFL from catching the ball? He isn't magic. It was a bang bang play. Game is on the line. He sold out to get to the intended receiver. Brown was in the process of landing. I don't think many people can run full speed and have a body fall in front of them and avoid a collision within one step.

Also, if  guy is falling, the spot you aimed at will not be there.  A shot aimed at the chest or shoulder ends up hitting higher.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:38 PM)McC Wrote: And without him, we are not even in that game.  They have 53 of them, we have one.  I'll take it.  I'm not worried about the high moral ground and righteous indignation.

I understand that, and I love the fire he plays with. But that doesn't mean he isn't dirty and he has done this plenty. 
Reply/Quote
But burfict takes shots at people's knees after the play!!

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:56 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I understand that, and I love the fire he plays with. But that doesn't mean he isn't dirty and he has done this plenty. 

Too much, agreed.   Really, though, except for the Steeler games, he cleaned it up quite a bit this year and maybe we need that against those black and piss assholes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:46 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: The lack of consistency in the NFL is ruining the game. How can there be no written law determining bans. It's just made up on the spot, matching the perceived Zeitgeist. Madness.

Yep.....different rules for different teams and making them up as you go ruined NASCAR.....NFL is about to pull the same stunt.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:51 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Hilarious

Whatever we're the bad guys. I'm starting to like it anyways.

Me too.....especially against THOSE assholes.....

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:56 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I understand that, and I love the fire he plays with. But that doesn't mean he isn't dirty and he has done this plenty. 

He had a guy kick him in the heel another maul him well after a play a blatant attempt to tear his knee up. Why are some of our fans acting like Burfict is the only one who plays football like the violent game that it is. His ankle twist and ball tap were bad. A bang bang play and blowing up a guy going across the middle happens in football.
Reply/Quote
We won without him. It will get reduced or changed and we will be fine . We always start fast.

Andy will have Tez's back
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And give the NFL more of our money in exchange for that farce of a game? No thanks.

Buy fakes ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He had a guy kick him in the heel another maul him well after a play a blatant attempt to tear his knee up. Why are some of our fans acting like Burfict is the only one who plays football like the violent game that it is. His ankle twist and ball tap were bad. A bang bang play and blowing up a guy going across the middle happens in football.

Burfict could have pulled up and it was clear that Brown wasn't making that catch. Of course the Steelers were playing dirty. That's their game. We got them back quite a bit that game. But in that situation he should know what happens if he makes that hit. A shoulder hit the head of Brown and that's a guaranteed penalty all day
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here is the Williams' thing:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-vontaze-burficts-shot-on-maxx-williams-drawing-scrutiny-20160110-story.html

I personally have no issue with the suspension; hopefully it gets reduced to 2 games, but Burfict has to learn.

Well according to Stooler Nation.....ya gotta keep your head on a swivel.  I hope Maxx Williams learns. Mellow

Reply/Quote
The NFL is pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He had a guy kick him in the heel another maul him well after a play a blatant attempt to tear his knee up. Why are some of our fans acting like Burfict is the only one who plays football like the violent game that it is. His ankle twist and ball tap were bad. A bang bang play and blowing up a guy going across the middle happens in football.

Because Bengal players are the only ones I care about. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because Bengal players are the only ones I care about. 

It feels weird that I had to watch Joey Bosa get thrown out of the Buckeyes bowl game because he hit a guy in the midsection with his helmet. And I had to watch the Steelers get the ball after our guy was knocked unconcious by one of the most vicious crown of the helmet to the jaw hits that I've seen all year. Such a load of shit.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It feels weird that I had to watch Joey Bosa get thrown out of the Buckeyes bowl game because he hit a guy in the midsection with his helmet. And I had to watch the Steelers get the ball after our guy was knocked unconcious by one of the most vicious crown of the helmet to the jaw hits that I've seen all year. Such a load of shit.

Get the Steelers out of your head. Focus on your team and what can make them better. Burfict learning a small degree of composure will do that. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.....different rules for different teams and making them up as you go ruined NASCAR.....NFL is about to pull the same stunt.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24498301/mark-cuban-nfl-is-10-years-from-implosion

Only took 18 months to start showing signs. Another year or two of officiating/witchhunting/bias like 2015 and I think even 10 years was an overgenerous prediction.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good news to hear, he needs it since nothing else has seemed to work. I dont think some of you fully understand the aftereffects of that hit. He is getting crucified out there folks, I mean cruuuucified. He is right now hands down the most dirty player in the eyes of the football world. Not in our eyes, the rest of the football world's eyes. That translates to him having a giant ass bullseye on him at all times while probably being on double secret probation. If he doesnt clean it up, then be prepared for more penalties and lengthier suspensions if not a 1 year ban depending what it is.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24498301/mark-cuban-nfl-is-10-years-from-implosion

Only took 18 months to start showing signs. Another year or two of officiating/witchhunting/bias like 2015 and I think even 10 years was an overgenerous prediction.

Exactly.....and after a popularity explosion in the 90s and early 00s....NASCAR is to the point of removing seats at a lot of tracks.  The rules seemingly changed week to week.....depending on what suited which t - shirt seller's needs.  My guy was ran out of the sport for being vocal and standing his ground on and off the track.  A few years later.....and it's " boys have at it ".  That double standard shit doesn't take long to see through.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It feels weird that I had to watch Joey Bosa get thrown out of the Buckeyes bowl game because he hit a guy in the midsection with his helmet. And I had to watch the Steelers get the ball after our guy was knocked unconcious by one of the most vicious crown of the helmet to the jaw hits that I've seen all year. Such a load of shit.

It was a load of shit. The ref should be fined if not suspended himself for not throwing the flag, as Shazier should be fined and on their radar from here on out. If not, then the Bengals should sue the NFL on grounds of hypocrisy of player safety. I am pissed at the NFL and the refs for a lot of that game. But it still doesnt take away that Burfict is the newly crowned dirtiest player in the league after that hit on Brown. That isnt a good thing for the team in the long run of things unless he cleans his play up.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote