Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season
(01-12-2016, 09:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This nails the "bigger picture" angle when considering that the league used his history against him here.

Unfortunately.....they didn't use Porter's against him.

If they had ejected Munchak from the offset....flagged Shazier...flagged Peko.....and flagged Burfict for running through the tunnel....the shit at the end likely doesn't happen.  The refs lost control of the game early.  The league lost control after the Twitter affair went unnoticed.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Does the 3 games include preseason games?

Antonio Smith of the Texans was suspended 3 games for the Ignognito helmet thing in 2013 but 2 of the 3 were preseason games.

If that is the case I am ok with it as it really is only a 1 game suspension.
Reply/Quote
I have no problem with the suspension on Burfict. He DID graze Brown's helmet, but that is enough to warrant discipline from the 2016 version of the NFL.

Burfict also DID 100% slam his knee into Ben's shoulder after the sack. Co-worker just showed me a replay of it. No question he did that on purpose and it WAS dirty after the play. Frankly, with the way the game was being called and with what cheap stuff the Steelers were doing, I don't care that he did it because that was the tone set during the game. But, he did do it and consequences will be what they will be after the fact.

I DO have a problem with the Steelers coaches and players who were clearly doing equally filthy play not getting similar discipline as well as a clearly over matched officiating crew being reprimanded. That, to me, is a gross injustice.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:43 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I have no problem with the suspension on Burfict. He DID graze Brown's helmet, but that is enough to warrant discipline from the 2016 version of the NFL.

Burfict also DID 100% slam his knee into Ben's shoulder after the sack. Co-worker just showed me a replay of it. No question he did that on purpose and it WAS dirty after the play. Frankly, with the way the game was being called and with what cheap stuff the Steelers were doing, I don't care that he did it because that was the tone set during the game. But, he did do it and consequences will be what they will be after the fact.

I DO have a problem with the Steelers coaches and players who were clearly doing equally filthy play not getting similar discipline as well as a clearly over matched officiating crew being reprimanded. That, to me, is a gross injustice.

I agree 100%, but the knee thing is blown WAY out of proportion.  Watch the whole play, not zoomed in.  He was trying to strip the ball, got it, and as he was jumping up to run into the endzone....that's when the knee hits Ben.

Burfict is on the ragged edge, but a lot of this shit is just piling on.  Can't hit "the most dangerous team in the playoffs" in the mouth and get away with it!

Reply/Quote
After the anger has gone a little bit, I love it. If people didn't like coming to natti before, think of it now. Dirty, whatever, this is going to install fear into other teams.

If vontaze plays in the 50s wed be talking about the guy being a hard nose defender. Getting softer and softer every year
Reply/Quote
Burfict has his ways, but the knee thing was overblown. I'm sure he was more focused on the ball then his knee. In real time it didn't even happen quick enough for him to think let me knee him in the shoulder while I'm down.

Let's not underestimate Burfict now. He would have kneed him in the head if he wanted to knee him while he's down.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:11 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree 100%, but the knee thing is blown WAY out of proportion.  Watch the whole play, not zoomed in.  He was trying to strip the ball, got it, and as he was jumping up to run into the endzone....that's when the knee hits Ben.

Burfict is on the ragged edge, but a lot of this shit is just piling on.  Can't hit "the most dangerous team in the playoffs" in the mouth and get away with it!

(01-12-2016, 12:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burfict has his ways, but the knee thing was overblown. I'm sure he was more focused on the ball then his knee. In real time it didn't even happen quick enough for him to think let me knee him in the shoulder while I'm down.

Let's not underestimate Burfict now. He would have kneed him in the head if he wanted to knee him while he's down.

The above aren't my videos, but there was a longer, perfectly clear vine of it going around that has since been removed that shows it longer than the video above and from perfect angles. I watched it repeatedly. Ben is down. Play is clearly over. Burfict slides around and knees him hard right in the shoulder. It was 100% on purpose. 100% a direct hit and hard. And, frankly, I have 100% no problem with it based on how the Steelers were playing (coaches included).
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:56 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I understand that, and I love the fire he plays with. But that doesn't mean he isn't dirty and he has done this plenty. 

If Burfict played for another team, most of the posters on this board would call him one of the dirtiest players in the game.  Trying to compare him to Jack Lambert, or even James Harrison from 10 years ago, is pointless because the rules and the game have changed. People can gripe about the game "getting soft", but it is the game he plays.  Either you play within the rules or you suffer the consequences.

He received the suspension for repeated violations.  He was warned after the Baltimore game that he was being "put on notice".  They literally told him "we are watching you, don't screw up" and he did what he did.  According to ESPN this morning he led the league in personal foul penalties this year and also in 2013.  Think about that... he played 10 games this year and led the league in personal fouls. Listen, I love the passion he plays with and think he is an extremely gifted linebacker.  That said, he needs to learn to play within the rules or his actions will continue to hurt this team.  He lost the benefit of the doubt long ago, he should be smart enough to realize that he has an enormous target on his back.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:30 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If Burfict played for another team, most of the posters on this board would call him one of the dirtiest players in the game.  Trying to compare him to Jack Lambert, or even James Harrison from 10 years ago, is pointless because the rules and the game have changed. People can gripe about the game "getting soft", but it is the game he plays.  Either you play within the rules or you suffer the consequences.

He received the suspension for repeated violations.  He was warned after the Baltimore game that he was being "put on notice".  They literally told him "we are watching you, don't screw up" and he did what he did.  According to ESPN this morning he led the league in personal foul penalties this year and also in 2013.  Think about that... he played 10 games this year and led the league in personal fouls. Listen, I love the passion he plays with and think he is an extremely gifted linebacker.  That said, he needs to learn to play within the rules or his actions will continue to hurt this team.  He lost the benefit of the doubt long ago, he should be smart enough to realize that he has an enormous target on his back.

Fair enough on Burfict. But how does a crew ignore or miss penalties on the guy who targeted Eifert by launching at his head, Shazier hit and allow Porter on the field? Porter was also warned according to multiple reports to shut his mouth and stay away from the fray. The Burfict hit happens in the NFL 5 times a week and let's keep it real, if any other player on the team. he gets a minimum fine for that hit.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Fair enough on Burfict. But how does a crew ignore or miss penalties on the guy who targeted Eifert by launching at his head, Shazier hit and allow Porter on the field? Porter was also warned according to multiple reports to shut his mouth and stay away from the fray. The Burfict hit happens in the NFL 5 times a week and let's keep it real, if any other player on the team. he gets a minimum fine for that hit.

Agreed.  Let's be honest, that crew missed so much on both sides that it wasn't even funny.  I truly think the only way they will keep order the next time these two teams play is if they start ejecting people (possibly players and coaches).  Obviously the 15 yard penalties and fines after the fact are not working.
Reply/Quote
I love it.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:44 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I love it.

The knee shot to the shoulder?  Reminds me of the foot twist agaisnt the Panthers.

Burficts cheap shots are going to get our QB injured someday when other teams retaliate.  I am glad he was suspended.  Maybe it will get him to change his behavior.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The knee shot to the shoulder?

All of it.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:49 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: All of it.

Lets see how much you love it when other teams start retaliating against our offensive players.

I love Burfict and don't want to lose him.  but he has to change or he will do more damage than good.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The knee shot to the shoulder?  Reminds me of the foot twist agaisnt the Panthers.

Burficts cheap shots are going to get our QB injured someday when other teams retaliate.  I am glad he was suspended.  Maybe it will get him to change his behavior.

OBJECTION... Speculative.

McCarron made it out just fine and Dalton hurt himself. There is no proof or even a hint of evidence that Burfict's actions are going to make it more likely or cause the Bengals QB or any other player on the team injured.
Reply/Quote
Ball was loose, Burfict was going for the ball. Blown out of proportion.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lets see how much you love it when other teams start retaliating against our offensive players.

I love Burfict and don't want to lose him.  but he has to change or he will do more damage than good.

They have been going after us all along.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:30 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If Burfict played for another team, most of the posters on this board would call him one of the dirtiest players in the game.  Trying to compare him to Jack Lambert, or even James Harrison from 10 years ago, is pointless because the rules and the game have changed. People can gripe about the game "getting soft", but it is the game he plays.  Either you play within the rules or you suffer the consequences.

Marvin said he had 3 in his presser....would three lead the league?

Reply/Quote
We should be allowed to choose which 3 games he sits out, xD. Browns away, browns @ home...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The knee shot to the shoulder?  Reminds me of the foot twist agaisnt the Panthers.

Oh, you mean other teams are not already cheap shotting our QBs???  Hey Carson.....
Reply/Quote