Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season
(01-12-2016, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think he meant it was clear Brown was not going to make the catch by the time Burfict was anywhere near him.

And that is exactly what this picture you posted proves.  The ball is through Brown's hands and Burfict is not even in the picture.

The ball is approaching Brown here.....note how it blocks his left hand from the camera.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:42 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Yeh, Steelers had 10, and probably 20 more that were merely "unfortunate" that they happened.   Shocked

Guess which team was the beneficiary of the most unnecessary roughness calls on the opposing teams?

I'll give you a hint.  It rhymes with "stinking pile of shitsburgh"
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: The ball is approaching Brown here.....note how it blocks his left hand from the camera.

The ball is inches from Brown's hand and travelling four times as fast as Burfict who is several yards away.
Reply/Quote
So Harrison gets one game after damn near decapitating guys and Tez is getting 3 as a first time offender? How in the world can they even call this remotely fair?

Shazier better get = to what Tez gets as well. His hit (and celebration) was even worse IMO.

Munchek and Porter better also be suspended.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The ball is inches from Brown's hand and travelling four times as fast as Burfict who is several yards away.

....well yeah, but you said through his hands..... Smirk

...also, I think he's only a couple yards out and closing fast.  I think he meant to hit him hard in the torso (still illegal), but Brown came down kinda awkward (aided by a shove from Lewis-Harris) and his head got in the way.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:52 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: So Harrison gets one game after damn near decapitating guys and Tez is getting 3 as a first time offender? How in the world can they even call this remotely fair?

Shazier better get = to what Tez gets as well. His hit (and celebration) was even worse IMO.

Yeah.....not gonna happen.....

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:52 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: So Harrison gets one game after damn near decapitating guys and Tez is getting 3 as a first time offender? How in the world can they even call this remotely fair?

[Image: meme.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think he meant it was clear Brown was not going to make the catch by the time Burfict was anywhere near him.

And that is exactly what this picture you posted proves.  The ball is through Brown's hands and Burfict is not even in the picture.

Oh Fred,  that's not the case in the least.  Look closely and you will see Burfict is cropped out of the picture, the entire left side of the pic is cropped.  However another angle shows exactly how close Burfict is to Brown.

[Image: another%20angle_zpsgs0xewyh.png]

Note the ball in the above pic has not yet reached Brown.  Also note Brown is moving towards Burfict as Burfict is also moving towards Brown.  Also Note Burfict position in relation to the hash marks.

[Image: another%20angle%20moment%20of%20impact_zpsvh5bfs8m.png]

This final pick is a split second prior to impact.  Note the location of the ball, approximately 4-5 yards beyond Brown.  Browns left foot has not even landed on the ground yet.  You can clearly see his left cleat still in the air, and note Burfict position again in relationship to the hash marks.  Burfict has moved approximately 1, perhaps 2 yards at the most.  Thats 1 possibly 2 steps.  Keep in mind Brown is also moving towards Burfict.  Tell me exactly how Burfict at that point was supposed to avoid contact with Brown?  How fast does a football travel 4-5 yards?

In todays game, I totally get that the play will draw a flag more often than not.  But this hit is not the butcher job they are trying to make it out to be.  The evidence clearly shows there was absolutely no way Burfict could do his job of defending that play, and NOT make contact with Brown.  The ONLY way Burfict does not make contact with Brown is for him to pull up PRIOR to the ball getting to Brown.
Reply/Quote
Let me guess. Shazier is getting neither a fine nor a suspension.

Figured.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Marvin said he had 3 in his presser....would three lead the league?

No.  I am pretty sure ESPN was wrong about that.  They say what they want, accuracy be damned.  A couple weeks ago, I looked it up and Burfict wasn't even in the top ten.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:33 PM)McC Wrote: No.  I am pretty sure ESPN was wrong about that.  They say what they want, accuracy be damned.  A couple weeks ago, I looked it up and Burfict wasn't even in the top ten.

No,  ESPN was correct.  Burfict and William Gholston tied for the league lead with 4 "unnecessary roughness" penalties each.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hill had nothing to do with it.

I canm go back through the game and find a dozen mistakes by a dozen different players that could have cost us the game just as much as Hill's fumble.  But the fact is that we still should have won the game even after Hill fumbled.  Blaming him for what Burfict did is ridiculous.

True, but it's like the guy who misses the game winning layup at the end of a close game.  He will obviously not be the only guy who missed a shot but, right or wrong, he will wear the crown of goat.

Was Bill Buckner the only guy who made a mistake in that famous game?  Probably not.  But name anybody else's mistake in that game.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:05 PM)Shepdawg Wrote:  The evidence clearly shows there was absolutely no way Burfict could do his job of defending that play, and NOT make contact with Brown.  The ONLY way Burfict does not make contact with Brown is for him to pull up PRIOR to the ball getting to Brown.

"Making contact" is totally different than "dipping his shoulder and turning it into Brown".

Burfict's hit was illegal.  Shaziers hit on Gio should have been called also.  But that does not change tyhe fact that Burfict F'd up there.  He dipped his shoulder and went for a shot against a defenseless receiver.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:40 PM)McC Wrote: True, but it's like the guy who misses the game winning layup at the end of a close game.  He will obviously not be the only guy who missed a shot but, right or wrong, he will wear the crown of goat.

Was Bill Buckner the only guy who made a mistake in that famous game?  Probably not.  But name anybody else's mistake in that game.  

Burfict and Jones were the ones who made the mistakes at the end of the game that lead directly to the winning play, not Hill.

So Burfict and Jones were the goats, not Hill.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burfict and Jones were the ones who made the mistakes at the end of the game that lead directly to the winning play, not Hill.

Let's call it a triad of blame.  There is no way on earth to excuse The Fumbler for doing the one thing he had to not do.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burfict and Jones were the ones who made the mistakes at the end of the game that lead directly to the winning play, not Hill.

Never thought Freddy would be so blind and biased over this.

We aren't blaming Paul Alexander, so I'm surprised you are so defensive.

You have to blame the fumbler, every, damn, time.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Making contact" is totally different than "dipping his shoulder and turning it into Brown".

Burfict's hit was illegal.  Shaziers hit on Gio should have been called also.  But that does not change tyhe fact that Burfict F'd up there.  He dipped his shoulder and went for a shot against a defenseless receiver.

Here's the unfortunate side effect of that rule and I think it applies to that hit.  Guys will get flagged for heard hits that were not aimed at the head.  If you aim at the chest and the guy lowers his head, suddenly a chest shot becomes a head shot.

If Burfict dipping his shoulder, isn't there at least the possibility he was aiming for the chest area?

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:00 PM)McC Wrote: Here's the unfortunate side effect of that rule and I think it applies to that hit.  Guys will get flagged for heard hits that were not aimed at the head.  If you aim at the chest and the guy lowers his head, suddenly a chest shot becomes a head shot.

If Burfict dipping his shoulder, isn't there at least the possibility he was aiming for the chest area?

I don't think it even has to be a head shot when it is against a defenseless receiver.

You just can't take shots after the play is over like that.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:00 PM)McC Wrote: Here's the unfortunate side effect of that rule and I think it applies to that hit.  Guys will get flagged for heard hits that were not aimed at the head.  If you aim at the chest and the guy lowers his head, suddenly a chest shot becomes a head shot.

Or in the case of Shawn Williams, hits not aimed at the head that never touch the head but hit a Steeler WR. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:58 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You have to blame the fumbler, every, damn, time.

I get it now

Ninja
Reply/Quote