Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict to practice today
Burfict practices today, and the 21-day clock on activating him begins.

I know I've been pretty conservative in my estimates on his return - I really didn't think he would play until Houston. I guess we'll see, but part of me thinks they wouldn't get him going in practice this week without an immediate return. I'm sure Marvin will just give us a "we'll see" on this because he won't have to do anything until Saturday, when we're not allowed to be around the team.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Wow that is great news, lets just bring him back slow and get him ready for our playoff run.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 10:44 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Burfict practices today, and the 21-day clock on activating him begins.

I know I've been pretty conservative in my estimates on his return - I really didn't think he would play until Houston. I guess we'll see, but part of me thinks they wouldn't get him going in practice this week without an immediate return. I'm sure Marvin will just give us a "we'll see" on this because he won't have to do anything until Saturday, when we're not allowed to be around the team.

Woo hoo! Great news!  Thanks for the ray of sunshine today! Cheers

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 10:44 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Burfict practices today, and the 21-day clock on activating him begins.

Awesome!!  I'll bet Big Jen is crapping his pants now
Reply/Quote
I love to see VB come back for Steelers, see how the knee responds, and then if necessary rest it for Cleveland 4 days later. That would give him over 2 more weeks.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
In your scenario, why would they play him vs Pittsburgh? Makes a lot more sense to rest him for the next 2 games and eye a week 10 or 11 return.
Reply/Quote

so his 3 week window starts today excellent. Its possible he plays this sunday which would be amazing. if not then then maybe the browns or texans. with the browns being a short week.

but still before the month is over he will be back.

Any indication on who gets the axe?

(10-29-2015, 11:11 AM)bengals73 Wrote: Awesome!! I'll bet Big Jen is crapping his pants now

he might rethink trying to play on a less than healthy knee
Reply/Quote
Wow good to hear Jim.
Reply/Quote
That is great to hear!!! I can't wait to see how he does!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 11:27 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: In your scenario, why would they play him vs Pittsburgh?  Makes a lot more sense to rest him for the next 2 games and eye a week 10 or 11 return.

I would play him a series or two just to get into Big Jen's head... You know a couple blindside blitzes and hits .. make him hear footsteps the rest of the day
Reply/Quote
Coley Harvey ESPN Staff Writer 
[Image: harvey_coley_m.jpg]
Vontaze Burfict has been cleared to practice today for the Bengals. He began the first six weeks on their PUP list. He's still working to get back into football shape. So it may be tough seeing him play Sunday at Pittsburgh, but next Thursday's game against Cleveland is looking like a real possibility. A source confirmed Burfict was in LA earlier this week getting cleared by his surgeon

just another tweet...great news!! doubt we see him this Sunday, I may even go as far as saying we may not see him on TNF next week.. But have to imagine he'll be in one of the under the lights games in the next three weeks!!

welcome back Tez!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 11:46 AM)bengals73 Wrote: I would play him a series or two just to get into Big Jen's head... You know a couple blindside blitzes and hits .. make him hear footsteps the rest of the day

Do you give up a spot on the 46 active player list to bring a guy in for a series or two? Doesn't make much sense, unless he's available to play a whole game if there is an injury or two...
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 11:52 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Do you give up a spot on the 46 active player list to bring a guy in for a series or two?  Doesn't make much sense, unless he's available to play a whole game if there is an injury or two
No, I didn't take that into account. Thank goodness I'm not a coach , eh?
Reply/Quote
Suiting him up for Sunday would be a reckless decision. Give him a couple weeks of practice.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 11:51 AM)rungiorun25 Wrote: Coley Harvey ESPN Staff Writer 
[Image: harvey_coley_m.jpg]
Vontaze Burfict has been cleared to practice today for the Bengals. He began the first six weeks on their PUP list. He's still working to get back into football shape. So it may be tough seeing him play Sunday at Pittsburgh, but next Thursday's game against Cleveland is looking like a real possibility. A source confirmed Burfict was in LA earlier this week getting cleared by his surgeon

just another tweet...great news!! doubt we see him this Sunday, I may even go as far as saying we may not see him on TNF next week.. But have to imagine he'll be in one of the under the lights games in the next three weeks!!

welcome back Tez!

Gotta give a shout out to synric for calling this shot in another thread. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Great to hear. We need him back in our defense, although I expect he'll be a bit rusty starting off.

Don't think we'll see him this week, as this will be his first practice. Who knows if it'll be a limited practice or full go. I assume this week they're going to assess how far he's come and how much farther he needs to go.
Reply/Quote
Good news.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 11:55 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Suiting him up for Sunday would be a reckless decision. Give him a couple weeks of practice.

You have no idea if it would be reckless or not.  If he is cleared to practice then he should be able to play.  It is not like he has to learn a new scheme or anything like that.

I doubt we see him Sunday, but I am not going to say it would be "reckless" to play him.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 11:57 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Great to hear. We need him back in our defense, although I expect he'll be a bit rusty starting off.

Don't think we'll see him this week, as this will be his first practice. Who knows if it'll be a limited practice or full go. I assume this week they're going to assess how far he's come and how much farther he needs to go.

it just depends on how far along he was in his solo rehabbing and how well these practices go today and tomorrow for him and his knee... I still doubt he plays sunday but it was his target and im sure hes doing everything he can to make it this weekend.

Get him a contact practice and see how it goes... It could be futher along than we thought there was no way to know till today. Still the safe money is on not playing this sunday.

But its great news for a 6-0 team to get one of its best Defensive players back in the next few weeks.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis does a morning appearance spot on XM radio every Thursday. He spoke to this today and said that he's ready to practice, but was not expected to play for at least a week or two.

I know we all understand football shape and being in physical shape and the differences. If I was to bet, we will not see him this week. I hope I'm wrong and he's ready, but I'd rather err on the side of caution and let him be football ready first.

Also, Marvin also said that Ben would not come back if he wasn't completely healthy as there's way too much season left to risk him playing. I agree with this as well. If Ben is in, he will be 100% or damn close to it. He's not going to be like an 80 year old man out there if he's in- he will be able to move.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote