Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Burrow 4 Payton
As has been explained to me. It doesn't matter how good the players are if the coach suxs. It was reported earlier this week that NO is shopping Sean Payton's rights for a first-rounder and "more" at a minimum.

So would you trade 1 player (JB) for Sean Payton and be able to keep the rest of the band together?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 11:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As has been explained to me. It doesn't matter how good the players are if the coach suxs. It was reported earlier this week that NO is shopping Sean Payton's rights for a first-rounder and "more" at a minimum.

So would you trade 1 player (JB) for Sean Payton and be able to keep the rest of the band together?

I hope this isn’t a serious post.
Reply/Quote
That’s tough when you think about it. We could probably get more than just the coach because LSU fans would be screaming for it, but not interested in Dalton coming back. Maybe toss in Kamara.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 11:19 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I hope this isn’t a serious post.

I hope that wasn't a serious reply

Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 11:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As has been explained to me. It doesn't matter how good the players are if the coach suxs. It was reported earlier this week that NO is shopping Sean Payton's rights for a first-rounder and "more" at a minimum.

Nah. If Zac was so stubborn that he never considered changing what they were doing...i probably still wouldn't. When the ball is snapped, regardless of what is called, the players still have the final say on how the play turns out. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 11:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: tenor.png]

Of course, I'm serious. This team is loaded with talent. Jon Gruden was once traded for 2 1st rounders, 2 2nd rounders, and cash. 

So you're saying you wouldn't do it? 

Reply/Quote
The last time you wanted to trade Burrow it was for Deshaun Watson. I’m pretty sure they’re going to find Sean Payton smoking crack with a hooker now.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 11:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The last time you wanted to trade Burrow it was for Deshaun Watson. I’m pretty sure they’re going to find Sean Payton smoking crack with a hooker now.

Never said I wanted to, just asked if folks would want to. Considering DW got the biggest NFL contract ever after all the shit he went through, seems like a reasonable question to pose before it was discovered DW was a freak. 

But yeah, SP is reported to be hanging out with Urban Myers

Reply/Quote
Without a lot of explanation,,,No,I wouldn’t do it.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 11:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The last time you wanted to trade Burrow it was for Deshaun Watson. I’m pretty sure they’re going to find Sean Payton smoking crack with a hooker now.

It was pretty common knowledge in NOLA that Sean Payton was burnt out.

Still trying to wrap my head around this thread.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 11:46 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: It was pretty common knowledge in NOLA that Sean Payton was burnt out.

Still trying to wrap my head around this thread.

So what do you think a team would give for Sean Payton?

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 11:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So what do you think a team would give for Sean Payton?

Cowboys will land him for Cooper Rush and multiple first round picks. This won't happen though until after you process my fantasy trade. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 11:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course, I'm serious. This team is loaded with talent. Jon Gruden was once traded for 2 1st rounders, 2 2nd rounders, and cash. 

So you're saying you wouldn't do it? 

Jon Gruden was traded for 0 players, included in that 0 was the starting freaking QB. How dumb is this comparison? 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 11:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So what do you think a team would give for Sean Payton?

I mean, I’m not even sure he wants to coach despite what he says. The “right situation” he said… but that last season did a number on him. 

To answer your question, probably a few draft picks and some cash. But a franchise QB? Absolutely not. Though with the QB situation in NOLA they would almost certainly take anyone unless he went to a division rival.

But c’mon man. Let’s be realistic here.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 12:01 AM)TheFan Wrote: Jon Gruden was traded for 0 players, included in that 0 was the starting freaking QB. How dumb is this comparison? 

All you got to say is "I wouldn't do it". 

I listed the Jon Gruden compensation to give a measuring stick of what has been given in the past. 

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 12:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: All you got to say is "I wouldn't do it". 

I listed the Jon Gruden compensation to give a measuring stick of what has been given in the past. 

All I've got from any of your replies is you want to keep this stupid thread alive for no reason, without even providing your own opinion. Go post it in the "Trades" subform and not the one for actual Bengals conversion. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 12:10 AM)TheFan Wrote: All I've got from any of your replies is you want to keep this stupid thread alive for no reason, without even providing your own opinion. Go post it in the "Trades" subform and not the one for actual Bengals conversion. 

I'm keeping the thread alive because that's how a message board works. Someone starts a thread, others reply, and the OP defends the premise of the thread.

Of course, the OP often has to deal with posters who add nothing other than to talk about how "stupid" the thread is, but those folks are easily dismissed.  

The thread is about Bengals because it addresses one of the most discussed topics in the forum (Zac's ineptness) and asks what folks would give for the golden goose of coaching..I'd assume you'd consider it realistic if I said Payton 4 Jackson Carman and a 3rd rounder.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 12:01 AM)TheFan Wrote: Jon Gruden was traded for 0 players, included in that 0 was the starting freaking QB. How dumb is this comparison? 

Not only just a starter, a 25 year old franchise QB coming off a season where he broke every single franchise passing record, and went to the Super Bowl.

Duke would laugh and hang up if the Saints called with this trade.

Reply/Quote
I probably would not give up Burrow for Payton. Finding a QB is tough and one sees teams that can not find one for years, not too pretty.

I would however trade a first rounder for a top coach probably. For a great coach might be worth more than a great player, QBs excepted. I'd hesitate a bit maybe right now for it's probably too soon to fire a super bowl coach.
Reply/Quote