Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Having Surgery
(07-27-2022, 07:54 AM)EatonFan Wrote: No big deal.  Joey B has this surgery every month or two just to show how tough he is.

Every other month, he gets a reverse-appendectomy just so he can have it removed AGAIN the following month. Joe Burrow absolutely HATES his appendix and wants it to suffer.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 08:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How long till a certain poster shows up and starts calling Burrow "Mr. Glass"?

Justin Herbert would walk out of the operating room and straight onto the field. Herbert > Burrow Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 10:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't know anyone who has had their appendix removed in the last couple of years, and I know tons of people who got the vax.  I'm starting to think the vaccination prevents appendicitis.  

Also, I sure hope Joe didn't derive his super powers from his appendix.

I had my appendix removed in 2019 and then Covid hit 6 months later, ***** appendix started this pandemic!
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 02:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kind of odd timing.

The timing is great for Joe.  He can relax in the shade and watch the backup QB’s run around in the heat.  And then in  a couple weeks, he can jump back in. 
Reply/Quote
Zac said the surgery went well but there is no timeline, yet, for Joe's return. He is set to be discharged from the hospital today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 10:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't know anyone who has had their appendix removed in the last couple of years, and I know tons of people who got the vax.  I'm starting to think the vaccination prevents appendicitis.  

Also, I sure hope Joe didn't derive his super powers from his appendix.

This reminds me of the way Mitch Hedberg tested to see if he had aids.

Mitch to friend: "Do you know anyone who has aids?"

Friend: "No"

Mitch: "Great, 'cause you know me!"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 03:55 AM)kevin Wrote: Well, I wish it had been done sooner.  Not right before Training Camp.  Still, as many on here say, this is not a major thing and Joe Burrow should be fine when Bengals start season with Steelers.  I really don't want to see Burrow in Pre Season anyway.  Considering he gets hit more than any other NFL QB, and added that he just had to play in 17 regular season games and 4 post season games, I would think the 21 game season is a good reason not to have him in hardly any Preseason.  Especially if the GOAL is to repeat and have another 20 to 21 game season. 

GO BENGALS

[Image: are-you-serious-clark-clark.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 10:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Gee I don't know. Maybe because their is zero scientific evidence to support the claim that the vaccine would cause appendicitis over a year later.

You calling other people "sheep" after making a comment like that is a classic.Sinece "One" went there, now you and all your friends have to go there also.
Is there zero or zero they've shared?
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 10:22 AM)VallartaBengal Wrote: Sheesh.

Here's a quote from another medical publication: "As of 27th May 2021, an estimated 1.82 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered [14][19], there were 900,695 ICSRs in VigiBase for COVID-19 vaccines, and of these 358 ICSRs reported appendicitis.”  https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2590136221000395

Do the math. 358 cases of "appendicitis" after 1.82 billion COVID vax doses. Do the math and tell me if the resulting extremely small percentage seems "statistically significant" to you or to anybody else.

What we have here is "post hoc ergo propter hoc" ("after this therefore because of this") thinking. Kind of like "I ate oatmeal instead of Wheaties for breakfast and later that day I totaled my car. Therefore, oatmeal caused me to total my car."
Immediate ones. You think they tied all the ones months down the road to them? I'm sure they're on the rise if you look at yoy comparisons 
Reply/Quote
This alone knocks 3-4 sacks off his year-end total. Watch.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 03:18 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Is there zero or zero they've shared?

Zero.

Unless you have your head in the sand and believe what you want without looking at facts.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 03:20 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Immediate ones. You think they tied all the ones months down the road to them? 

No they did not.  That is why your claims are false regarding Burrow.  

That is what we have been trying to get you to understand.

(07-27-2022, 03:20 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I'm sure they're on the rise if you look at yoy comparisons 

The incident rate of appendicitis has been rising pretty steadily since 1990.  There is no evidence of any spike in rates associated with the timing of the vaccination program.

You just chose to believe what certain people tell you instead of looking at the actual facts.  

Then you call people who actually look at the facts and evidence "sheep".

Lalala
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 03:20 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Immediate ones. You think they tied all the ones months down the road to them? I'm sure they're on the rise if you look at yoy comparisons 

Researchers do comparisons to statistical norms. So in the 4 days post-vaccination, there is a potential spike in appendicitis cases. That means that more people are diagnosed than the statistical norm says there should be.  These numbers also show that after 4 days that spike disappears so that the number of people diagnosed with appendicitis goes back to within its statistical norm.  Even within the first 4 days, all they show is that there is a spike, they have been unable to show the causation of the cases. Besides, in reality, 358 appendix cases out of nearly 1.9 billion doses are statistically nothing.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 04:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zero.

Unless you have your head in the sand and believe what you want without looking at facts.

This shows your ignorance 

But enjoy it. 
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 01:41 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said the surgery went well but there is no timeline, yet, for Joe's return.  He is set to be discharged from the hospital today

I saw a link on Facebook that said two weeks and the page refreshed before I could click the link, but the team website says "you hear everything from a week to two weeks," but doesn't refute it, so that makes me think it has to be somewhat accurate.

Quote:Bengals head coach Zac Taylor isn't putting put a timeline on his return to the field (you hear everything from a week to two weeks) or the facility (expect any moment), but wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase has a few ideas.

Ja'Marr also talked about how tough he is!

Quote:"He's so tough, he's not going to talk about it at all," Chase said before practice. "He's going to come back in and act like nothing happened. That's just the type of dude he is."
You love that from a leader in Burrow, especially when the other players see it!
Reply/Quote
Pat Kirwin was talking about this yesterday on Sirius and put a positive spin on it. He said they know what they have in Joe. This is the time for the offense to go out there and gain confidence with BA or whoever, that they can move the ball without him. It's pretty much a given Joe will be back way before the season even starts, so use the time to work with Allen in case something happens to Joe during the season.
Reply/Quote
Brandon Allen said that on Joe started to feel unusual cramping when they were throwing and things started escalating from there

Reply/Quote