Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me'
(02-17-2020, 07:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, and it's not going to stop until his name is finally announced at the podium. 

Even then it's just going to be "He's a Bengal but he doesn't seem happy about it."  This is another reason people tend to stop obsessing over teams that lose a lot.  The doubt in the Bengals isn't new and it's up to MB to get sick of it and fix it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 07:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think they really want him to go to another team.  I just see it as an easy storyline.  They have nothing else to talk about so they create drama where it does not exist.

Yeah, they like creating drama for sure, but some of them also seem to have a real disdain for the fact Burrow will be a Bengal. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 07:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When it comes to Burrow and the Bengals, I honestly think it's more than just keeping up interest and making headlines. I think there are a lot of talking heads that truly don't want to see Burrow in Cincinnati. It's not a 'sexy' situation that they want to have to talk about for the next few years. They want Burrow in Miami or Carolina with Brady. Basically, anywhere but Cincinnati. 

Thankfully, there's guys like Klatt, Gottlieb and others who think Joe should be a Bengal, and will do well in Cincinnati.

Yes, they want somehow, someway for JB to end up with ________________ insert team here. They're searching far and wide for anything and everything that gives them some sliver of hope they'll get Burrow.
Reply/Quote
National Media: Burrow be like

[Image: RaggedFrequentKusimanse-size_restricted.gif]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Time to get Burrow his own dedicated thread for rumors he wants to play for the Bengals. Just as we had Dalton dedicated threads, it is time.

The rumors end when fans quit falling for the click bait created by the media. Simply, we know Joe Burrow will be a Bengal in 2020 is no longer a story, the bigger story would be Joe Burrow will not be a Bengal because ____________________. Thus they create the doubt in people's minds to people read or watch their story.

Burrow will be a Bengal, I say odds are about 97% at this time and he would have to have a horrible combine or a team would have offer their draft capital (1st round picks for next 5 years) to get the opportunity to get him.

Joe Burrow has said nothing, nothing to say he does not want to play here. In fact, he ha said he will play for the team that drafts him and wants to be the 1st pick.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 06:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: His fatigued and non committal attitude will serve him well here.

Are you trying to keep up the negativity quota while Pistons is away or something? Damn.

Anyway...I can’t wait for this to be over. So sick of hearing about it. He’s going to be a Bengal. Period. And the amount of time spent on all this is going to seem really silly in a couple months.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 07:45 PM)Big Boss Wrote: National Media: Burrow be like

[Image: RaggedFrequentKusimanse-size_restricted.gif]

Rep for this gif. Great movie. Especially Pesci.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 08:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Are you trying to keep up the negativity quota while Pistons is away or something? Damn.

Anyway...I can’t wait for this to be over.  So sick of hearing about it. He’s going to be a Bengal. Period. And the amount of time spent on all this is going to seem really silly in a couple months.

I'm not being negative, I'm just pointing out that it isn't so much the media's fault that this narrative is so pervasive so much as it's Mike Brown's fault for being so consistently stubborn and lazy over the years.

Yes, Burrow is going to be a Bengal but that probably has a lot to do with the fact that other than holding out he has no say in where he starts his NFL career.  And if you are sick of hearing about this now, brace yourself because as soon as Burrow is picked by the Bengals the media is going to be looking at every frame to find him looking "disappointed" he's holding a Bengals jersey.

Geez, am I the only one here who remembers when the Browns took Brady Quinn and the media was like "He's chewing gum and looks bored!  He doesn't want to be on the Browns!"

The media sucks up to the Steelers and the Patriots and they look down on the Bengals and the Lions. God forbid people judge you based upon what you achieve, eh? We have the same owner/GM for nearly 3 decades and we've won nothing and the media is dead set on making us look like losers....how mean of them.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 06:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: His fatigued and non committal attitude will serve him well here.

That... And I don't give a **** what he thinks. Get out there and play boy!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 08:34 PM)jason Wrote: That... And I don't give a **** what he thinks. Get out there and play boy!

That's the beauty of the NFL.  We did the worst and that means we get to own his ass for the next 5+ years! Hmm...now that I think of it that does seem like something that could depress someone who likes to win. Geez, way to go NFL!
Reply/Quote
I don’t remember this nonsense for the 0-16 Lions, the 1-15 Browns or the 0-16 Browns that followed the 1-15 Browns. And what the hell makes Miami such a great place to land? I get it that it’s a much cooler city, but that team has been a shit show for quite a while.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 10:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t remember this nonsense for the 0-16 Lions, the 1-15 Browns or the 0-16 Browns that followed the 1-15 Browns. And what the hell makes Miami such a great place to land?  I get it that it’s a much cooler city, but that team has been a shit show for quite a while.

They have been to the play offs 3 times in the last 20 years. Worse than the bengals.

We will always be the punching bag of the nfl.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 10:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t remember this nonsense for the 0-16 Lions, the 1-15 Browns or the 0-16 Browns that followed the 1-15 Browns. And what the hell makes Miami such a great place to land?  I get it that it’s a much cooler city, but that team has been a shit show for quite a while.

No one questions why Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson retired early and plenty of media outlets ran with Rosen saying he didn't want to get drafted by the Browns.  Those franchises get their fair share of well earned skepticism.

The difference I can think of is the Lions and Browns fire and hire GMs and we just soldier on with MB decade after decade.  That possibly adds a sense of "same as it ever was" to the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 10:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No one questions why Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson retired early and plenty of media outlets ran with Rosen saying he didn't want to get drafted by the Browns.  Those franchises get their fair share of well earned skepticism.

The difference I can think of is the Lions and Browns fire and hire GMs and we just soldier on with MB decade after decade.  That possibly adds a sense of "same as it ever was" to the Bengals. 

I believe we have discussed contradicting me in public.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
BUrrow needs to marry and have kids next month so he doesnt have any distractions during his tenure as QB for our team.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 10:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I believe we have discussed contradicting me in public.

Is this supposed to be turning me on?
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 10:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t remember this nonsense for the 0-16 Lions, the 1-15 Browns or the 0-16 Browns that followed the 1-15 Browns. And what the hell makes Miami such a great place to land? I get it that it’s a much cooler city, but that team has been a shit show for quite a while.

Indeed. Miami is so bad that Tannehill looked like a world class QB as soon as he left, but we’re where “QB’s go to die”

**** off

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 10:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No one questions why Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson retired early and plenty of media outlets ran with Rosen saying he didn't want to get drafted by the Browns.  Those franchises get their fair share of well earned skepticism.

You could let one single post get by you without defending all of our haters. Just sayin...

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 10:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You could let one single post get by you without defending all of our haters. Just sayin...

Got forbid someone actually analyze the possible veracity of criticism rather than going right for the "the media hates us" victim card.

The media has no faith in Mike Brown, do you?
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 11:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Got forbid someone actually analyze the possible veracity of criticism rather than going right for the "the media hates us" victim card.

The media has no faith in Mike Brown, do you?

Blah blah blah this place is becoming insufferable lately. The negativity is just exhausting. We have all season to be negative. Right now, believe it or not, some of us just want to be excited for a little while, or at the very least be cautiously optimistic.

But thankfully we have 800 posts a day reminding us how terrible everything is, and how it’s completely hopeless no matter what. What ever would we do without all the valuable history lessons reminding us all that we’re the Bengals and not the Patriots. Some of us would clearly forget without them...

Reply/Quote