Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Injury
You guys crapping on Joe calling that dancing? You are probably also the same guys who think an "inch and 2 wrinkles" is considered being hung!

This guy is all in and gave it everything, is he supposed to sulk afterwards to make it better? Im sure it will be on his mind more than anyone else for the rest of his life. Let's hope they put the pieces around him to win the Super Bowl and my money is he will..
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:50 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Just great, geez. And people think Im crazy for wanting to free up Tyler Boyds $20M the next 2 seasons.  

We need to evaluate every single position and any one not producing at their pay rate need to be replaced and that extra money go to the absolute best Olinemen we can afford.

We should pay big dollars on Offense to our QB, WR1, WR2, RB1, LT, LG, C, RT, RG - we can save on TE, WR3.

Agreed and I may take some flack for what Im about to post...but we could likely get similar to better production using Trent Taylor in slot and free up $$ for shoring up the OLINE. That was just hard to watch last night....A superbowl team with that D league unit out there. 
Burrow is on Andrew Luck trajectory right now.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:36 PM)kalibengal Wrote:  
Agreed and I may take some flack for what Im about to post...but we could likely get similar to better production using Trent Taylor in slot and free up $$ for shoring up the OLINE. That was just hard to watch last night....A superbowl team with that D league unit out there. 
Burrow is on Andrew Luck trajectory right now.

Absolutely this.

I will be way more controversial and say we could be better if saved $25M PER YEAR with a Trent Taylor at slot and any running back if that gets us 5 very good olinemen.

If Joe is as great as we think, put him behind a wall with 2 super stars downfield - a decent TE, decent slot, and decent RB will do fine.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Absolutely this.

I will be way more controversial and say we could be better if saved $25M PER YEAR with a Trent Taylor at slot and any running back if that gets us 5 very good olinemen.

If Joe is as great as we think, put him behind a wall with 2 super stars downfield - a decent TE, decent slot, and decent RB will do fine.

The thing with offensive line is...there are a bunch of teams that need lineman...so there is competition for them.

As far as Boyd, IF hypothetically you want to save money on a skill player...I think the player you let go is Mixon. Not saying I'd do this, but there is a stat out there that I saw today about leading rusher on SB winners and salary. It's usually $2 million or less.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/history-shows-high-priced-running-backs-may-not-be-a-part-of-super-bowl-winning-formula/
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:26 PM)pally Wrote: I have a replaced elbow that has a plastic spacer that is disintegrating. When a piece breaks off and gets caught in the joint it is excruciatingly painful. It goes away when the piece frees itself. Pain levels do not always equate to serious. He was walking fairly normally within minutes of the injury. He could have some floating cartilage in there or even a minor MCL injury. I do not imagine in the scheme of football injuries, that this is something long term

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Meniscal tear or MCL injury is what I would suspect. If the medical staff was worried about a more significant injury they would probably have him non-weight bearing, in a brace, or at least a bag of ice to reduce swelling.
Reply/Quote
A bunch of teams want OL. Hopefully those players' priorities are money and winning, and maybe in the reverse order. As you get older, money is less as important. If Bengals are smart they will teach each other nobody wants to count the dollars they made on their death bed. The impact you can have on others is more important. If you're good at what you do, the money comes, and you don't need more than "enough". At the same time most players time in the NFL is very short and they want to make as much as possible before they exit. I wonder how their insurance looks, I would say I will sign this low end contract but guarantee X dollars in the next 10 years if I succumb to an injury on the field. There is that MLB player that's still being paid a million a year 20 years after retirement, isn't there?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The thing with offensive line is...there are a bunch of teams that need lineman...so there is competition for them.

As far as Boyd, IF hypothetically you want to save money on a skill player...I think the player you let go is Mixon. Not saying I'd do this, but there is a stat out there that I saw today about leading rusher on SB winners and salary. It's usually $2 million or less.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/history-shows-high-priced-running-backs-may-not-be-a-part-of-super-bowl-winning-formula/

We did this with Geno and AJ, we didn't let them go at the right time. Mixon can be considered high market value because of his yardage production. I wish he closed it out here so at least he had a ring first. I think this is why we think mike Brown likes filling seats and not actually winning, but I think he no longer runs the business like he used to.

I get bashed for a long time for this, but Mixon can't run behind this OL. No back gets success here. What's the point? Don't eat up the contract, if he freed up his salary to fix the line, stay. Otherwise our #1 asset is the QB. A more mediocre RB can get 1-2 yards a gain behind a better line, or at least the same average YPC over the year, while simultaneously giving the franchise more opportunities at rings.

I think Burrow would bonus Mixon out of his own salary every time they won the SB lol.

Can learn from the Rams, scramble to fit your ring into the small window of time it's open.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:41 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I took Monday off on purpose, I knew win or lose it's not going to be good. I got 3 hours in and feel like crap. Imagine fans having dreams/nightmares of winning (up 20-16). That is stuck in my head, I can only imagine how the team feels. It's crazy they can give interviews right after those games and say the politically correct things like "we can build on this"/etc. lol

Why weren't you replaying the halftime show to help you sleep??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Felt sick when I saw that. Millimeters away from disaster again there.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:02 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: That pain look on his face on his knee on that sack is not just a sprain pain look, I can guarantee you that.

Ever hit your shin on a trailer hitch?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ever hit your shin on a trailer hitch?

No, but I jumped onto a bicycle with the seat missing. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ever hit your shin on a trailer hitch?

Or get your ingrown toenail stepped on.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:11 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Or get your ingrown toenail stepped on.

By a 500lb man wearing high heels?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No, but I jumped onto a bicycle with the seat missing. 

Good times! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:13 PM)GodFather Wrote: Good times! Ninja

GREAT times.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I wish we would get some news. I been checking the feeds every 15 minutes...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The way I look at it is people get too wrapped up in the idea that NFL players aren't living lives outside of the football field, but at the same time I realize if someone posted a video of Baker Mayfield on stage at a concert after a big loss we'd be slagging the hell out of him for "not caring."

Well, I guess with Baker it's more about how he needs to "stop focusing on making commercials" but you get my point.  I realize as fans we get too worked up about this stuff, but it's also a bit alluring to get caught up in the notion that our players are the most focused and best and confident in the right ways and other biased stuff.

Kinda like when Gronk was dancing at the SB that they lost?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Kinda like when Gronk was dancing at the SB that they lost?

He's beyond the pale with that commercial where he blurs out how special he is. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Why weren't you replaying the halftime show to help you sleep??

I like real music, whatever music you like, I can try that to put myself to sleep.  Wink
Reply/Quote
burrow said in interview after game that the team would be celebrating their accomplishments and they most certainly should have celebrated. Certain it was not as festive as a win would have made yet still they deserved it.

Have not said anything about concerns for Joe since earlier in season when I made a comment that I just hoped Burrow lasted throughout the year behind this porous line.

Was blasted immediately saying I was pretty much a fool for suggesting so after all the team had done to protect Joe and that I must have some kind of agenda.

Yet it should be noted that Chase was drafted over Sewell per Burrow's request. So it was a pick your poison type thing.

Just got to go all in and fix it now no matter what it takes to do so.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote