Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow , MVP?
(01-02-2022, 07:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 33 tds and just 4 ints.

No disrespect to Burrow, but Rodgers is having a better year.

Rodgers has some insane years, didn't he have almost a 50 TD/5int season? We have to assume at least 1 of those picks wasn't on him either. Good decision making combined with crazy accuracy.
Reply/Quote
I'm biased, but the NFC has been less competitive than the AFC.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm biased, but the NFC has been less competitive than the AFC.

What a crazy year, and we're almost on top, before the real game begins. I wonder how satisfied some of us are, we forget Andy took us to 5 in a row.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 33 tds and just 4 ints.

No disrespect to Burrow, but Rodgers is having a better year.

Rodgers was also the MVP last year and he's been acting like an unhinged bag of douche for a whole year...never underestimate the human aspect to anything that involves voting.

Burrow is coming off a bad injury and doing amazing things with a franchise that he was supposed to be terrified to get stuck playing for.  Maybe I should be Burrow's MVP campaign manager.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
YES.Especially considering what Burrow had to overcome to get where he’s at.He’s playing at a higher level than any Quarterback In the league right now.
Reply/Quote

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just short. What's the yardage look like?

Burrow is at 16 games and Rodgers at 14 games (he plays tonight). Someone said earlier in the thread Burrow is at 4,611 yards. Rodgers is at 3,689. Even if Rodgers gets 300 yards tonight, he'll still be roughly 700 yards short (in one less game).

Also don't write Brady off your list. He's leading the NFL in passing yards at 4,960 (he threw for 410 today) and passing TDs at 40 (he threw 3 today). With 12 INTs. His QB Rating should be in the 101 range. 44 years old.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Burrow is certainly AFC MVP but as others have said NFC has Rodgers and also that ass in Tampa will always get votes.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Burrow ain't gonna win it if we bench him next week, is he?
Reply/Quote
He was 30/39 for 446 yards. what a punk, to follow that up after 525 yards on a depleted ravens D. Killer. He's treating NFL like college, comon now, give them a chance joe!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:13 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Rodgers has some insane years, didn't he have almost a 50 TD/5int season? We have to assume at least 1 of those picks wasn't on him either. Good decision making combined with crazy accuracy.

It was 48 TD/5 INT last year. 121.5 QB Rating.

This year he threw 0 TD/2 INT in Week 1. 33 TD/2 INT in the 13 games since. It's absurd.

Reply/Quote
Burrow don't even need a name plate lol.. He cooked after that happened too..
Reply/Quote
Still undefeated in orange jerseys too..
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It was really weird. Chiefs dropped 28 in the first half and then seemingly changed their entire offense at half to be not what worked before.

If you bet me a million dollars the chiefs would only score 3 in the 2nd half, I woulda took it..
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Great to be in the talks with one of the GOATs facing the other side of the hill.

Yeah, really seems like we're just a couple years from a full on passing of the guard. Rivers and Brees retired, Rapistburger retiring after this year most likely... Brady at 44 can't play forever, can he? Then there's just Rodgers at 38 and who knows if he'll WANT to stick around much longer.

Reply/Quote
have to trash it up a bit here, can you imagine if we had baker as our QB? Christ. There is a chasm there.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Burrow is at 16 games and Rodgers at 14 games (he plays tonight). Someone said earlier in the thread Burrow is at 4,611 yards. Rodgers is at 3,689. Even if Rodgers gets 300 yards tonight, he'll still be roughly 700 yards short (in one less game).

Also don't write Brady off your list. He's leading the NFL in passing yards at 4,960 (he threw for 410 today) and passing TDs at 40 (he threw 3 today). With 12 INTs. His QB Rating should be in the 101 range. 44 years old.

1000 yard difference? Yeah that should be a big factor. Missed games should hurt your MVP odds as well.

Brady should be the top choice with Burrow entrenched at #2.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow ain't gonna win it if we bench him next week, is he?

Absolutely no reason to play him especially against a division rival with a good pass rush.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:21 PM)Tony Wrote: If you bet me a million dollars the chiefs would only score 3 in the 2nd half, I woulda took it..

I want to know what happens at half time. Something is happening at half time that never happened in marvin's career.
Reply/Quote
As insane as the hype was this past week...can you imagine what it's going to be like this coming week?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote