Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow , MVP?
(01-02-2022, 07:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I remember our QB getting his knee blown out on a 66 yard first pass for the Bengals. How does that have anything to do with losing momentum from resting?

Marv lost bc he sucked in the playoffs.

Nothing more, nothing less.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Comeback player of the year SHOULD be a lock, but we know how it is with Dak and cowboy bias

Jamarr SHOULD be R.O.Y, but we know how it is with QB bias

Burrow mvp? Should def get some votes. Rodgers is a tough one to crack though
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:45 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Comeback player of the year SHOULD be a lock, but we know how it is with Dak and cowboy bias

Agree with each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:45 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Comeback player of the year SHOULD be a lock, but we know how it is with Dak and cowboy bias

I think that's actually the most open of the three.

Mac Jones did have 3 TD/0 INT today in a 50-10 brutalizing of the Jags, but he has thrown 4 INT in the previous 2 weeks and had that 3 attempt 19 yard wind game the week before that. Now Chase ripping off 11/266/3 in a huge game against the Chiefs might be the tipping point.

I'll go ahead and say I think Chase will actually win OROY. (Parsons being DROY is a no-brainer considering he's in the actual DPOY convo.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Rodgers is probably MVP, but the passing of the torch is coming sooner than many thought. I remember PFF predicted Burrow would be the 2nd best QB in the league (to Mahomes) within 5 years. Well, it’s only year two and he’s already putting himself in the conversation. I think Joe can be the best QB in the league tbh (how crazy is that to think about?). I just watched him outplay Patrick Mahomes. And it wasn’t just KC switching up their play calling as the game went on. We should have had 2 INT’s on Mahomes. Burrow was by far the better QB on that field today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I’m definitely torn on what to do next week. And I’m glad I don’t have to make the decision. I guess I’d say I’m leaning slightly towards resting our starters. We could win and still not get the #1 seed. And we’re getting really banged up on the OL, too. Might be best to focus on getting healthy for the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: It was kinda unreal that Mahomes with little to no pressure got completely outplayed by Burrow WITH pressure.

Burrow was a totally protected well, overall
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 08:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Burrow was a totally protected well, overall

would herbert have won
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:56 PM)Tony Wrote: He's gotta be in the conversation... almost 1000 yards the last 2 weeks and 8 TDS and just doubled up the face of the NFL in yards and Tds this game..

INT and sack numbers will keep him from winning it, but he certainly deserves to be in the conversation.
Reply/Quote
Burrow deserves in MVP conversation but will probably be handed the consolation prize of winning Comeback Player of Year.

But he is already my hero and starting to chisel his name into Bengals Legendary status right before our eyes.

Enjoying the Ride !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 08:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Burrow was a totally protected well, overall

Burrow was pressured on 36.9% of his drop backs. He was literally out there making magic under constant duress.

Reply/Quote
When we were down 14-0, I feared a severe ass whipping. Then we score and they scored and it was 21-7. I was holding on in my hope for sure because, well, we have a great team. Then it began. Burrow and Chase kicked ass today. Defense played well but need work. OL, SMH.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow was pressured on 36.9% of his drop backs. He was literally out there making magic under constant duress.

Yes he was. We have to fix this OL before the greatest thing that ever happened in Bengals history gets killed.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: When we were down 14-0, I feared a severe ass whipping. Then we score and they scored and it was 21-7. I was holding on in my hope for sure because, well, we have a great team. Then it began. Burrow and Chase kicked ass today. Defense played well but need work. OL, SMH.

They ran into a buzz saw. Burrow said they zero blitzed a few time sand if they want to leave chase in 1 on 1 cover, "good luck".

Burrow plays games with opposing coaches as much (or more) than trash talking other players lol.

Apparently mixon gave burrow that cigar 2 weeks ago, but nobody knows if it was meant to be smoked after the north win.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: When we were down 14-0, I feared a severe ass whipping. Then we score and they scored and it was 21-7. I was holding on in my hope for sure because, well, we have a great team. Then it began. Burrow and Chase kicked ass today. Defense played well but need work. OL, SMH.

My only knock on the defense was not being able to take advantage of KC having both starting OT’s go out. Or DL should have been feasting. Now, Hendrickson was being held a bunch as usual, but still.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes he was. We have to fix this OL before the greatest thing that ever happened in Bengals history gets killed.

I want this to be Duke Tobin to all the top FA OL this offseason…

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I want this to be Duke Tobin to all the top FA OL this offseason…

[Image: giphy.gif]

Should not be hard to lure good FA's to the Bengals now as exciting as this team has become. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:56 PM)Tony Wrote: He's gotta be in the conversation... almost 1000 yards the last 2 weeks and 8 TDS and just doubled up the face of the NFL in yards and Tds this game..

Not beating Rodgers.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 08:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Burrow was a totally protected well, overall

Ummmm, no…just no.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Joe is a BEAST

But it’d be hard to be THAT same beast w o some of those SICK catches by the WR’s lately.

Our WR’s are wicked talented
Reply/Quote