Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow , MVP?
(01-02-2022, 07:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Absolutely no reason to play him especially against a division rival with a good pass rush.

While I agree to the sentiment, I think the Bengals have a chance at a #1 seed if KC loses and TEN loses, I could be wrong. I would still bench Joe. Thankfully we're all just fans and have no impact and just talk up a bunch of BS.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Absolutely no reason to play him especially against a division rival with a good pass rush.

They're gonna want to keep the momentum going. 

Remember 2005 and 2009? I don't need to see a blowout in the last "meaningless" game cause starters were rested.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1000 yard difference? Yeah that should be a big factor. Missed games should hurt your MVP odds as well.

Brady should be the top choice with Burrow entrenched at #2.

Not a real 1,000 yard difference. That's including Burrow's stats today but Rodgers hasn't played yet today. Could be 800, could be 600, or anywhere in between by the end of today.

The 4 INT are just insane, though. Are 700 passing yards worth 10 INT is what voters will have to ask when looking at Burrow/Rodgers.

Brady being a 44-year-old GOAT gives him a couple votes and then leading in both yards and TDs will give more. Tough to overcome.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Ehh, other than the fact that winners want to play and want to destroy division rivals.  Burrow is the hottest QB in the league right now...I get that it would be scary to risk him, but I can't be the only one here who is becoming addicted to watching him play like a HOFer.  

I want more.  I got a taste of Burrowmania and I want to see him smoosh the Browns and roll into the playoffs with the MVP in the bag.  I WAAAAAAANT IT and so does he, I bet.

I'm a junkie now.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not a real 1,000 yard difference. That's including Burrow's stats today but Rodgers hasn't played yet today. Could be 800, could be 600, or anywhere in between by the end of today.

The 4 INT are just insane, though. Are 700 passing yards worth 10 INT is what voters will have to ask when looking at Burrow/Rodgers.

Brady being a 44-year-old GOAT gives him a couple votes and then leading in both yards and TDs will give more. Tough to overcome.

I see this as a malone taking the MVP from Jordan (or nash from shaq) award. Not a good comparison really since Brady is GOAT, but the guard passing to Joe. Not the most athletic but one of the most complete. We have some holes to fix, but I think o line should be #1. Burrow can win with our defense as it stands. Our defense is not bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They're gonna want to keep the momentum going. 

Remember 2005 and 2009? I don't need to see a blowout in the last "meaningless" game cause starters were rested.

I remember our QB getting his knee blown out on a 66 yard first pass for the Bengals. How does that have anything to do with losing momentum from resting?

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, other than the fact that winners want to play and want to destroy division rivals.  Burrow is the hottest QB in the league right now...I get that it would be scary to risk him, but I can't be the only one here who is becoming addicted to watching him play like a HOFer.  

I want more.  I got a taste of Burrowmania and I want to see him smoosh the Browns and roll into the playoffs with the MVP in the bag.  I WAAAAAAANT IT and so does he, I bet.

I'm a junkie now.

I watched all his press conference videos and mic'd up again today, I've been a junkie for weeks. Something happened since earlier in the year since I loved Burrow, I think I actually love him now lol
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I watched all his press conference videos and mic'd up again today, I've been a junkie for weeks. Something happened since earlier in the year since I loved Burrow, I think I actually love him now lol

I'd buy a Burrow jersey if my 1998 Neil O'Donnell jersey didn't still fit and wasn't so damn comfortable and obscurely amusing.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:24 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: While I agree to the sentiment, I think the Bengals have a chance at a #1 seed if KC loses and TEN loses, I could be wrong. I would still bench Joe. Thankfully we're all just fans and have no impact and just talk up a bunch of BS.

If there is a chance for something then play him i just thought they said Tennessee would win the tie breaker on NFL network after the game.

(01-02-2022, 07:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They're gonna want to keep the momentum going. 

(01-02-2022, 07:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, other than the fact that winners want to play and want to destroy division rivals.  Burrow is the hottest QB in the league right now...I get that it would be scary to risk him, but I can't be the only one here who is becoming addicted to watching him play like a HOFer.  

I'm a junkie now.

I understand the desire to keep the momentum. And wanting to watch Burrow play and even wanting to see him get revenge on Cleveland from earlier but there is also the leads the NFL in being sacked stat and the team is in the playoffs. Garrett hurts Burrow and it is another one and done.

I'd have Burrow in a Covid proof, injury proof bubble till the playoff game, especially if Spain is out with injury. Use the WRs, and Mixon and keep them in a groove but you can't risk your QB.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:30 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If there is a chance for something then play him i just thought they said Tennessee would win the tie breaker on NFL network after the game.

I understand the desire to keep the momentum. And wanting to watch Burrow play and even wanting to see him get revenge on Cleveland from earlier but there is also the leads the NFL in being sacked stat and the team is in the playoffs. Garrett hurts Burrow and it is another one and done.

I'd have Burrow in a Covid proof, injury proof bubble till the playoff game, especially if Spain is out with injury. Use the WRs, and Mixon and keep them in a groove but you can't risk your QB.

Academically, I get what you are saying.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:23 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I want to know what happens at half time. Something is happening at half time that never happened in marvin's career.

Credit Lou?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I remember our QB getting his knee blown out on a 66 yard first pass for the Bengals. How does that have anything to do with losing momentum from resting?

That team got blown out in KC in the last game of the year when they were resting their starters. 

No thanks. I'll take 100% participation, another win and more stats to stack. Followed by a playoff win.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That team got blown out in KC in the last game of the year when they were resting their starters. 

No thanks. I'll take 100% participation, another win and more stats to stack. Followed by a playoff win.

I get it Faulk but all I see is a divisional opponent with nothing to lose and a guy like Garrett who swung a helmet at Mason Rudolph out there on the field thinking if we can't beat him, we'll hurt him. What is 15 yards in a game you dont care about winning?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:30 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If there is a chance for something then play him i just thought they said Tennessee would win the tie breaker on NFL network after the game.

Injuries can happen any time. I'm tired of playing (or in this case not playing) scared. 

Keep it rolling!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:35 PM)Tony Wrote:  Credit Lou?

Even the offense turns it around though. That 2nd half team is usually unrecognizable, but offensively we did well in the first half this time.

I think one thing it might show is coaching does matter, we have the talent to play well, we may adjust well at half, if only we had our gameplan as such to start.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:38 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I get it Faulk but all I see is a divisional opponent with nothing to lose and a guy like Garrett who swung a helmet at Mason Rudolph out there on the field thinking if we can't beat him, we'll hurt him. What is 15 yards in a game you dont care about winning?

I don't trust CLE at all. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:38 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I get it Faulk but all I see is a divisional opponent with nothing to lose and a guy like Garrett who swung a helmet at Mason Rudolph out there on the field thinking if we can't beat him, we'll hurt him. What is 15 yards in a game you dont care about winning?

I only care about them keeping the "momentum" going. Go look at any team that made a run to the SB. They got on a hot streak late and carried it through. 

The Bengals have tried that 'resting your starters' with 2 different QBs and it didn't work either time. 

Keep it rolling!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That team got blown out in KC in the last game of the year when they were resting their starters. 

That's like wanting your starters to all play in game 4 (now game 3 I guess) of the preseason. Why? It doesn't matter.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:23 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I want to know what happens at half time. Something is happening at half time that never happened in marvin's career.

Media jargon. That's what made us give up 3 points in the 2nd half. Media jargon.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Media jargon. That's what made us give up 3 points in the 2nd half. Media jargon.

I can never get over that quote from Marvin, it immediately made me think he's clueless or nothing he says to the media is truthful. There's some tact or politics in front of that podium mic. Regardless, Burrow's conferences are entertaining. He's the deal.
Reply/Quote