Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow May Not Be Cleared For Preseason
(08-14-2022, 11:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 2 out of the 3 are literally from the old team. Absolutely no one would associate AJ or Geno with these new Bengals.

So Zac was not head coach when we paid Green 18 million to not play?

And Waynes never even existed.

It is getting funny to see how deep you can stick your head in the sand.

"That was Zac Taylor from 2 years ago.  There is no way you can connect him to the current team."
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so if your not sure where he had it done how can you assume it is UC medical center and on a side note they where suppar for relative of mine...

As I said, they raise the bar. The Bengals can afford the best. UC has excellent docs. So whoever the bengals use will have to be at least at UC caliber.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So Zac was not head coach when we paid Green 18 million to not play?

"That was Zac Taylor from 2 years ago.  There is no way you can connect him to the current team."

It’s also funny that 2 of your examples were aging players on the wrong side of 30. There’s absolutely no correlation there for assuming the worst with someone like Burrow - who’s in the prime of his career, and has proven he can bounce right back from massive adversity.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So Zac was not head coach when we paid Green 18 million to not play?

Yes Zac inherited some old players prone to injury. ZT is not the GM, the reality is the FO had poor drafts the few years prior to ZT's arrival. ZT does what good coaches do once they have a year with their roster, worked with Tobin to develop a better roster. In year 1, ZT did not have the luxury of knowing the team he inherited enough to change it. AJ was injured as well and most did not anticipate that happening.

An old saying, you can't fix the past. ZT can hopefully get better through experience every year. His legacy will be the future, not the past. 

As for Burrow, I heard he was running and throwing prior to the game Friday night which is a great sign he will be back sooner than later in my opinion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 12:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes Zac inherited some old players prone to injury. ZT is not the GM, the reality is the FO had poor drafts the few years prior to ZT's arrival. ZT does what good coaches do once they have a year with their roster, worked with Tobin to develop a better roster. In year 1, ZT did not have the luxury of knowing the team he inherited enough to change it. AJ was injured as well and most did not anticipate that happening.

An old saying, you can't fix the past. ZT can hopefully get better through experience every year. His legacy will be the future, not the past. 

As for Burrow, I heard he was running and throwing prior to the game Friday night which is a great sign he will be back sooner than later in my opinion.

4 weeks to opening day. 

He will be fine. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 01:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 4 weeks to opening day. 

He will be fine. 

Well just now reported he’s got a helmet and an orange jersey in the locker room.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 12:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes Zac inherited some old players prone to injury.

Yes Zac signed Trae Waynes.

"But, but, but, the sun was in his eyes; his car broke down; his dog ate his scouting report.  .  .  IT CAN'T BE ZAC'S FAULT!!!!"
Reply/Quote
Fred Mertz : Zac signed Trae Waynes, A J Green, Geno Atkins and anybody who didn’t turn out. Duke Tobin signed Trey Hendrickson, D J Reader, Michael Hilton, Awouzie, and all the good ones. He’s so predictable.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
FYI- Burrow practicing in full pads today, so can we end this thread?
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 01:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 4 weeks to opening day. 

He will be fine. 

Agree with him running and working out lite before the game, he should be ready to go in 4 weeks.. probably back on field for real practice in 2 more weeks would be my guess.  Good to hear
Reply/Quote
Burrow will have regenerated a completely new appendix in 4 weeks.
Reply/Quote
it is official

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 04:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Agree with him running and working out lite before the game, he should be ready to go in 4 weeks.. probably back on field for real practice in 2 more weeks would be my guess.  Good to hear

Or today. You know, because he is practicing today in full pads.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 04:20 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: FYI- Burrow practicing in full pads today, so can we end this thread?
No because wearing pads and throwing doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be cleared to play in actual games.

For one, he's not at any risk of getting hit in training camp/
(08-14-2022, 05:39 PM)pally Wrote:

LOVE IT!

I just hope he takes his time and doesn't put too much on his body. People will say "he's smart enough to take it easy," which he's smart, but he's also a competitor and will want to be out there as soon as possible.

Him driving sprints in a golf cart shows just how much he wants to be back!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 04:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Agree with him running and working out lite before the game, he should be ready to go in 4 weeks.. probably back on field for real practice in 2 more weeks would be my guess.  Good to hear

I think you might see him on the field, maybe rehab field this week, throwing the ball. Probably next week he will be back to full practice. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 04:56 PM)pally Wrote: it is official

Or maybe today...

lol

Reply/Quote
He felt good enough to take all 1st and 2nd team snaps. Great to see.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 06:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No because wearing pads and throwing doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be cleared to play in actual games.

For one, he's not at any risk of getting hit in training camp/

LOVE IT!

I just hope he takes his time and doesn't put too much on his body. People will say "he's smart enough to take it easy," which he's smart, but he's also a competitor and will want to be out there as soon as possible.

Him driving sprints in a golf cart shows just how much he wants to be back!  Hilarious

If he’s cleared to practice in full pads, he’s cleared to play. He was never put on the PUP or anything, so he doesn’t need “clearance.”
Reply/Quote