Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burrow is hit every freaking play
I've been to every home game but one this year (Bills).

One thing is more apparent being at the games than watching on TV...Burrow is hit almost every play. Doesn't matter if its a completion, a sack, an incomplete pass...the guy is constantly being hit. Some hits are harder than others. Some are around his legs and knees. I hold my breath a lot.

Compare this to Stroud who wasn't even touched yesterday. The Texans moved the pocket masterfully.

All it's going to take is a little bad luck. The hits Burrow is taking just isn't sustainable, especially as he ages.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
We need to get a new OL coach and a mostly new OL. It's better than the last couple of years but it still stinks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
At least he learned from Dalton and didn't take a team friendly deal to get hit every play.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 10:40 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We need to get a new OL coach and a mostly new OL. It's better than the last couple of years but it still stinks.

I agree with this. Pollack is also the run game coordinator and the run game has been bad since he's been here. 

It's time to move on. I value continuity especially at the coaching position, but he just isn't producing a quality product. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 10:36 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: All it's going to take is a little bad luck. The hits Burrow is taking just isn't sustainable, especially as he ages.

There’s still time to delete this.

Reply/Quote
He was harassed all day long yesterday. Both lines played like shit. It's hard to win if you're constantly getting beat up front.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 10:40 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We need to get a new OL coach and a mostly new OL. It's better than the last couple of years but it still stinks.

They don’t need a “mostly” new OL. They just need to replace Volson. The other 4 are perfectly capable starters. Cappa just happened to have the worst game of his life yesterday. That won’t happen often.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 10:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They don’t need a “mostly” new OL. They just need to replace Volson. The other 4 are perfectly capable starters. Cappa just happened to have the worst game of his life yesterday. That won’t happen often.

I'm not exactly thrilled about the construction of the OL. 

Yes Cappa, Brown, and Karras are individually solid players they are also not very athletic same goes for Cordell Volson who is struggling. Jonah Williams is probably the most athletic starting OL and even he was a borderline tester for aTackle. The collection as a whole shows some limitations which show up on pulls, second level blocking, and slip screens. The 3rd and 1 pitch play is a good example they got the alignment they wanted it was the right call and bad execution.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Part of that is Burrow standing in to draw our plays long enough to find a WR.

It’s just how he plays.

Our issue yesterday was we didn’t want to throw to Chase too much and missed Tee.

These are guys that get open quickly so without them passing will always be hard.

Hopefully Charlie can come in and makes catches
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:34 AM)Housh Wrote: Part of that is Burrow standing in to draw our plays long enough to find a WR.

It’s just how he plays.

Our issue yesterday was we didn’t want to throw to Chase too much and missed Tee.

These are guys that get open quickly so without them passing will always be hard.

Tee does not get open quickly. This offense is very slow outside of Chase. The two rookies have some speed, but Boyd, Tee, Irwin? That has to be one the slower groups in the league.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:34 AM)Housh Wrote: Part of that is Burrow standing in to draw our plays long enough to find a WR.

It’s just how he plays.

That was my thought as well. When he gets rid of the ball right away, then he doesn't get hit. When he holds it trying to wait for a receiver to get open, inevitably the pocket collapses and then we are all holding our breath.
Reply/Quote
A LOT of the hits are also late hits - the team needs to keep getting after the league on this until they call it EVERY time it happens - which will stop it.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:58 AM)Joelist Wrote: A LOT of the hits are also late hits - the team needs to keep getting after the league on this until they call it EVERY time it happens - which will stop it.

And the helmet-to-helmet hit on Chase yesterday, after he gave himself up, was inexcusable. Chase could have easily ended up with a concussion. The Bengals should advocate for that defender to be at least fined by the league.
Reply/Quote
Pollack is garbage.
Reply/Quote
They need to draft a G in the first round if there is a stud one available. I know that this is not the most valuable of positions but bad IOL play continues to cost this team big time. Taking one in the first assures you will get the top guy. I don’t know who that would be but hopefully there’s a stud one available this year.
Reply/Quote
Much of yesterday was scheme I'm not overly concerned if we see them again. It's a copycat league other coaches will try to copy what the Texans did but won't have the personnel to make it successful like the Texans did.
Reply/Quote
Pollacks need replaced for a while. The guy has been given several proven veterans who come here and regress. Same can be said with the Rookies, often their first year is their best year here. Volson is the latest example of that. I can’t recall anyone who he’s developed. The guy is keeping his job solely based on past accomplishments.

Hoping he’s not back next year and that we spend a significant amount of draft capital on the line. Sick of going into the off-season complaining about the line only to make minor changes and then have the same problems again
Reply/Quote
Texans are really fast on offense and defense the 2 WR are burners with Stroud scrambling out of the pocket forcing the corners and safety to cover longer not to mention it put Logan Wilson and Pratt into a bunch of no win spots. On Defense they have a bunch of team speed and Joe made a couple bad decisions untimely drops we have yesterday it's not the end of the season not by a long shot
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:15 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Texans are really fast on offense and defense the 2 WR are burners with Stroud scrambling out of the pocket forcing the corners and safety to cover longer not to mention it put Logan Wilson and Pratt into a bunch of no win spots. On Defense they have a bunch of team speed and Joe made a couple bad decisions untimely drops we have yesterday it's not the end of the season not by a long shot

I'm not sure how much scrambling he did, albeit, some but the designed roll outs and mis directions gave CJ far more time to throw the ball as defenders were biting every time. I have no idea if they even watched film of the Texans this week to bite like that damn near every time.
Reply/Quote
He’s also terrible at falling. Man, he seems to go down hard.
Reply/Quote