Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow's first year end is almost here
(10-10-2021, 07:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree in the end,, it comes down to decision making.. being at the game.. Burrow just did not finish when it was in his hands.. he wants empty.. fine but he got to get it done.. WRs actually balled today ... they made some plays and catches today that really we should have finished better

You’re seriously going to sit there and talk about how the WR’s “balled” while completely shitting on Burrow? First of all one WR balled out today - - Chase. The other two?

Boyd - 4 rec 24 yards 0 TD (might have been at least somewhat responsible for the 2nd INT)

Tee - 5 rec 34 yards 0 TD (2 HUGE drops)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah. When you have Burrow/Chase/Higgins/Boyd/Mixon, and you can only get 22.8 points per game, there's some serious problems.

Taylor is (and always has been) a huge problem on this team.

Seems like it, thought we were turning the tide and then this. The Packers D shouldn't of held us to 22.

Boyd thrives in the middle of the field, use him there. We did not.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Seems like it, thought we were turning the tide and then this. The Packers D shouldn't of held us to 22.

Boyd thrives in the middle of the field, use him there. We did not.

That is only 1 point less than the Bengals 2021 season average prior to today.

Despite the 3-1 record, they were not scoring points. They came into the game with the 20th ranked scoring offense.

All of that really should be a huge red flag despite the record that the offense isn't operating anywhere near it's talent level.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re seriously going to sit there and talk about how the WR’s “balled” while completely shitting on Burrow? First of all one WR balled out today - - Chase. The other two?

Boyd - 4 rec 24 yards 0 TD (might have been at least somewhat responsible for the 2nd INT)

Tee - 5 rec 34 yards 0 TD (2 HUGE drops)

Yep. were you st the game? You see alot more at game, I thought Chase had a great game..  Burrow missed more plays than any drops.. his deflections could have been completions etc.. debate me a bit more if you actually were at the game...
Reply/Quote
Herbert just killed the Browns. 450 and 4 tds.. That kid is for real...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You don't think it has anything to do with the offensive game plan?  Nervous

What offensive game plan?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What offensive game plan?

They have a plan?
Reply/Quote
To be honest we might have crowned Burrow savior of the franchise a little early. With the offensive talent we have we aren't scoring enough. Both ints were terrible decisions and so was diving or whatever he did to hurt himself. He can be very good but he's not gonna win you games like Herbert.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That is only 1 point less than the Bengals 2021 season average prior to today.

Despite the 3-1 record, they were not scoring points. They came into the game with the 20th ranked scoring offense.

All of that really should be a huge red flag despite the record that the offense isn't operating anywhere near it's talent level.

The positive is the Defense is good, this was a great test for them and they played well.

The negative is Taylor and Callahan no question about it. Burrow just needs to throw the ball away.

Needless interceptions killed us. The nice part is we are young and we can learn, at least the players can.

Almost thinking Taylor and Callahan can't learn anymore. Being young dogs and all baffles me.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What offensive game plan?

Good point. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:28 PM)Tony Wrote: Herbert just killed the Browns. 450 and 4 tds.. That kid is for real...

Herbert has taken the mantle of 3rd QB taken  in draft and said here I am especially with 3 winning drives in 4th quarter this year..
Reply/Quote
At this point, as a fan, I would like Burrow just to call his own plays. ZT gives him two, hell, give him the playbook and let him do his thing.
He better learn to slide though!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:10 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: He has the mentality and leadership but he has to be accurate and make good decisions because like it or not he does not have that plus arm strength. I have been disappointed in some of his decisions and pocket awareness this year. Today he did some good things but also made some terrible mistakes.

Still early in his career but it looks like he is only the second best QB in his draft class. I hate the Chargers but Herbert is looking awesome again today and has outplayed Burrow up to this point in their careers. He also has that arm that can make up for mistakes he might make with decisions.

Herbert has a much better o line and better coaching staffs this year and last year.

If joe had had the time Rodgers had to pass we would have easily won this game.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:59 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Herbert has a much better o line and better coaching staffs this year and last year.

Herbert got sacked alot last year.. ive always liked the Charger so i tape their games.. Herbert has just been a better QB than Burrow.. and he has went through two coaching changes.. Burrow has pretty much been given a lot of influence in playbook with ZT.. Burrow has been good but Herbert just has played better at this point... especially in 4th quarter and winning games...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yep. were you st the game? You see alot more at game, I thought Chase had a great game..  Burrow missed more plays than any drops.. his deflections could have been completions etc.. debate me a bit more if you actually were at the game...

Right, and the drops could have been huge plays and critical 1st downs.

Also, LOL at you being an authority because your were at the game. What year is this? Everyone has 65 inch or + HD tv’s now. No one is missing anything not being there in person. Or at least not much. And there’s certainly things you miss live that you can see on the broadcast.

But like rfaulk said, it’s pointless “debating” with you. You’re completely irrational when it comes to Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:59 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Herbert has a much better o line and better coaching staffs this year and last year.

Herbert has a better line this year for certain and that is because the Chargers made it a priority in the off-season to address the line.

As for the Rodgers comment, you realize the Packers OL was missing multiple starters and early on was getting beat easily by the Bengals defense, then the gameplan changed for the Packers and they kept the defense off balance (no empty sets advertising look here comes a pass) and starting using quick passes and runs to set up deeper strikes when needed. That allowed a beat up OL to give more time to the QB. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
He is as advertised a true franchise QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:35 PM)Bengals-Man12345 Wrote: To be honest we might have crowned Burrow savior of the franchise a little early. With the offensive talent we have we aren't scoring enough. Both ints were terrible decisions and so was diving or whatever he did to hurt himself. He can be very good but he's not gonna win you games like Herbert.

Is everyone forgetting he was concussedyearly in the game?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:35 PM)Bengals-Man12345 Wrote: To be honest we might have crowned Burrow savior of the franchise a little early. With the offensive talent we have we aren't scoring enough. Both ints were terrible decisions and so was diving or whatever he did to hurt himself. He can be very good but he's not gonna win you games like Herbert.

Unfortunately,  you are right.. Burrow is never gonna be Herbert... Dude has all the tools, and knows how to use them.. Burrow is just a avg starter at this point. They both have about the same Talent on offense, it's obvious who's the better QB at this point. Joe can be good , but he's not gonna be elite, top level like some of these guys.. Burrows the QB for the Bengals and that's what we got, so I hope he gets better..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Herbert has taken the mantle of 3rd QB taken  in draft and said here I am especially with 3 winning drives in 4th quarter this year..

It took me a while, but Herbert is definitely better. I don't think it's close either. Joe has thrown a lot of ints this year. Top tier QBs don't do that. He stalls with this offense way more than Herbert does too. Herbert is just way more consistent at this point too.. 
I still think Burrow can be a good starter for us. 
Reply/Quote