Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow taking heat
Anybody with a set of ***** eyes can see its the Oline..
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 04:36 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It looked like Joe was trying to force the ball. He didn't have a good feel for the defense scheme and his decision making was just slightly off. I think he will be fine.

Agree, he seemed to be wanting the big play a little to much and was unwilling to check down at times.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 05:02 PM)Tony Wrote: Anybody with a set of ***** eyes can see its the Oline..

The Oline wasn't helping things on some plays especially early on. But there's some guilt on Joe as well for holding on to long.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 05:02 PM)Tony Wrote: Anybody with a set of ***** eyes can see its the Oline..

3 of the sacks yesterday were charged to Burrow himself, and who knows how many pressures he caused. He literally looked like he forgot how to play football in the 1st half. So no - it was not the OL. They played well enough to win if their QB didn’t have 4 INT’s and 2 fumbles.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 04:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. It nullified a really exciting (non-dangerous) play. Not sure why the league would want that.

I get not being able to fumble forwards but that's not what happened. It was fumbled backwards (just like a pitch) and then recovered. I'm not sure why you can keep doing backwards laterals and advance but not fumble backwards. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:05 PM)Nepa Wrote: So, is this statistic indicating that Burrow was sacked 71 times out of 109 in less than 2.6 seconds? If that is so, and the average time for a QB to throw is 2.72 seconds (a statistic for 2020), then how is this resolving the OL of blame and putting it on Burrow?

The line is hot garbage. On the rare occasion that he has a nice pocket he picks defenses apart. He isn't like Andy who went with his 1st read 99% of the time then got happy feet. Few more games like this one & Burrow is gonna get happy feet. This line better gel quickly.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:25 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don't like this rule. I don't see why you can't advance the ball on a fumble. It's basically the same thing as a lateral anyway. 

On Burrow, I'm not too worried. I do think his playing style allows for more sacks, but our offensive line getting blown up is a huge reason we're having so many negative plays on offense. Volson looked like a second or 3rd stringer trying to fake it until he makes it. We're looking at that left guard being a big weakness all year. But hey, the rest of the line looked good except Jonah can't handle Watt too well (but who can?).

We're going to bounce back and have a great season.

That rule should only apply to forward fumbles which I honestly thought it did.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:25 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don't like this rule. I don't see why you can't advance the ball on a fumble. It's basically the same thing as a lateral anyway. 

On Burrow, I'm not too worried. I do think his playing style allows for more sacks, but our offensive line getting blown up is a huge reason we're having so many negative plays on offense. Volson looked like a second or 3rd stringer trying to fake it until he makes it. We're looking at that left guard being a big weakness all year. But hey, the rest of the line looked good except Jonah can't handle Watt too well (but who can?).

We're going to bounce back and have a great season.

You can advance a fumble, just not inside the last 2 minutes. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If Joe can learn to just be patient and realize you can't go broke taking a profit he will last much longer and more than likely win those games. That is part of what makes Brady so good. Willing to check down if nothing is there or throw it away. Then when the time is right take your shot. It's tough because Joe seems like all gas and no brakes which is what makes him damn good. He wants to take all of your money not just your lunch money.
Reply/Quote
I remember one sack he literally was rolling out trying to escape and then cut back inside right into the defenders.
Reply/Quote
Joe certainly stunk but don't see how anybody can claim the O-line did not stink up the joint as well.

So let's look at the stat, 35% of the time the sack happens after 2.6 and hung on Joe, ok fair enough he's a baller always trying to make a play.

But he is at least scrambling per getting early pressure to avoid the sack for a few seconds conservatively 5% of the time making him responsible for about 30% of his sacks. Once again feel this is conservative and probably more like 20-25%.

Still too much yet that still means 70% of the sacks are on the O-line.

Still I wish Joe would learn when to throw the ball away when necessary because this frustrates the rushers who keep working to get to QB only to see the ball thrown away. On the other hand if they keep reaching QB and making hits, it just stokes their fire imo.

Joe needs to find a balance between wanting to strike gold and living to see another play. There is a time for both.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 07:47 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Joe certainly stunk but don't see how anybody can claim the O-line did not stink up the joint as well.

So let's look at the stat, 35% of the time the sack happens after 2.6 and hung on Joe, ok fair enough he's a baller always trying to make a play.

But he is at least scrambling per getting early pressure to avoid the sack for a few seconds conservatively 5% of the time making him responsible for about 30% of his sacks. Once again feel this is conservative and probably more like 20-25%.

Still too much yet that still means 70% of the sacks are on the O-line.

Still I wish Joe would learn when to throw the ball away when necessary because this frustrates the rushers who keep working to get to QB only to see the ball thrown away. On the other hand if they keep reaching QB and making hits, it just stokes their fire imo.

Joe needs to find a balance between wanting to strike gold and living to see another play. There is a time for both.

Don't forget about lack holes for Mixon, he was hit behind Line multiple  times, and not much room to run
Reply/Quote
Even after all the mistakes Joe made,He came thru in the clutch and only a blocked extra point cost the game.2 defensive lineman made interceptions at the line of scrimmage which is insane.Our offensive line will improve,we have a good Defense.All is better than weve seen in years.We will be fine.
Reply/Quote
The run blocking was arguably worse than pass blocking.
Reply/Quote
Earlier a few months after the Super Bowl i posted a video that had EVERY sack of the postseason and i said in that thread that almost EVERY sack was on Joe holding the ball too long. A lot of the sacks in the postseason were with a running back WIDE OPEN right by him.

Yesterday there were plays where he dumped it down to Mixon and Perine and it worked out very well. Perine caught one and ran for a 1st and it was my favorite play of the game. He then proceeded to take more bad sacks when the game was really in crunch time.

Burrow has great skill NORMALLY with pocket presence and accuracy. I think he was just rusty
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I look for Joe to come out with a vengence next Sunday againt the Cowboys. I think he will be really good. Probably more of the same sh!t show from Zachary Taylor, though, Let's hope Joe Super Burrow can overcome his coach's poor situation coaching decisions.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:46 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I look for Joe to come out with a vengence next Sunday againt the Cowboys. I think he will be really good.  Probably more of the same sh!t show from Zachary Taylor, though, Let's hope Joe Super Burrow can overcome his coach's poor situation coaching decisions.

Well I wish he would have come out with vengeance past Sunday,, I was there live and rewatching the tape game tonight man did he have guys open underneath  but forced them deeper into picks. He played bad.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well I wish he would have come out with vengeance past Sunday,, I was there live and rewatching the tape game tonight man did he have guys open underneath  but forced them deeper into picks. He played bad.

He tries to hit a hr every play.
Reply/Quote
I remember Dalton started throwing the ball way and not trying to extend plays, that's when we started losing with him.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 04:35 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I remember Dalton started throwing the ball way and not trying to extend plays, that's when we started losing with him.

That's when they went to the playoffs 5 straight years. Dalton did that from the beginning. Don't rewrite history. The OL was pretty decent, but it wasn't "allow only 29-21-20 sacks in a season good", and that was 2013, 2014, and 2015. McCarron got sacked 12 times in just 4 games in the 2015 regular season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote