Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow terrible down the field
Let’s not forget Joe Burrow is a rookie and he is going to make rookie mistakes. Many of his throws are perfect but many are not. As he matures, gains experience, and operates behind an offensive line who can protect him, Joe Burrow is going to have a very fine career. He’s playing well for a rookie and I’m sure with time and practice he’ll start completing more long passes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-04-2020, 07:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I remember this being a real bone of contention with a certain other QB. So it's funny to watch people justify it now. Cool

In all seriousness though, Burrow will be fine. It's probably no coincidence that we're also bottom of the league in protecting the QB who isn't completing deep throws. Deep throws take time to develop. Wake me when we're actually giving him time and he still struggles for a significant period of time.

Also, as others have pointed out, we've dropped a few...and deep throws are never high % anyway. Even the best only complete roughly 30%. Give Burrow a couple that were dropped and he'd be at 20% which is actually quite normal.

Eh, the bigger bone of contention was the constant throw-aways and giving up on plays, that along with playing his worst when the games were bigger.
(10-04-2020, 08:00 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Eh, the bigger bone of contention was the constant throw-aways and giving up on plays, that along with playing his worst when the games were bigger.

Yup Andy was fine and dandy when things were going well... but when push came to shove he'd throw the ball out of bounds and state the status quo in post game.
[Image: 1500x500]
(10-04-2020, 07:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let’s not forget Joe Burrow is a rookie and he is going to make rookie mistakes. Many of his throws are perfect but many are not. As he matures, gains experience, and operates behind an offensive line who can protect him, Joe Burrow is going to have a very fine career. He’s playing well for a rookie and I’m sure with time and practice he’ll start completing more long passes.

Damn Mixon posterized that dude in your new pic lol

So he had no off season to work with, WRs are dropping balls, and his Oline has been getting him killed in 3 out of the 4 games he's played but you're complaining about his downfield ball?

And no, I did not complain about Dalton's deep ball. Maybe others did but I didn't. The goal isn't to air it out the most, the goal is to win the game. Dalton used to have a quick release and good line, but when the line disappeared and AJ wasn't around he stopped being good enough. Now with Burrow we at least have a fighting chance (even with AJ Green not as good as he used to be).

He should be wrapping up his 4th pre season game right about now

And he’s already a far superior nfl qb to mandy dalton, even when Mandy was in his prime

Lol
Can we PLEASE move on from the Dalton nonsense?

Burrow is our QB now. And he’s been great so far.

(10-04-2020, 07:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3953797]

Hilarious Right?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
So when he starts connecting on these 20+ yard throws he will be having 350+ yard games. I'm cool with that.
Need time to throw the ball down the field. Need receivers to get seperation to throw the ball down the field. We haven't seen a lot of either of these things this year.

If he missing a lot these throws in a clean pocket, with guys streaking down the field, with no one in front of them, then I would be concerned. But, as it stands, I'm not.

What we should be focusing on his accuracy and touch across the board, and the fact that's made a miniscule amount of mistakes for a rookie. These are two things that bode very well for the future.
Joe won’t ever turn in a game like this.

https://dailysnark.com/2017/09/11/andy-dalton-worst-single-game-quarterback-12-years-sunday/
(10-04-2020, 07:38 PM)QueenCity Wrote: LOL okay.... Dalton couldn't get his eyes off Green if he tried. 

This has everything to do with drops and the O-Line nothing else. 

Dalton career was made by Green he was never a franchise QB like Burrow has shown in 4 games.

we can say that for every QB that has weapons.. bottom line.. Burrow has been horrible in down the field. if he does not get better.. he will be a solid QB not not Franchise.. do you agree with that ?
(10-04-2020, 08:11 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Joe won’t ever turn in a game like this.

https://dailysnark.com/2017/09/11/andy-dalton-worst-single-game-quarterback-12-years-sunday/

Or this. Lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2014/11/7/7173031/andy-dalton-bengals-browns-performance
(10-04-2020, 08:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: we can say that for every QB that has weapons.. bottom line.. Burrow has been horrible in down the field. if he does not get better.. he will be a solid QB not not Franchise.. do you agree with that ?

What you’re doing is hilarious

You must not be watching the games

Here I’ll
Help you.

Burrow has been horrible in down the field. if he does not get a better oline and have less drops for the rest of His career, .. he will be a solid QB not not Franchise.. do you agree with that ?
That one he threw to Higgins in the back corner when he was flushed out was ridiculous. I thought he was just throwning it away at first.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-04-2020, 08:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we PLEASE move on from the Dalton nonsense?

Burrow is our QB now. And he’s been great so far.

Not to mention, we win a good game and yet feel the need to diminish it..... I don't get it.
(10-04-2020, 08:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Need time to throw the ball down the field.  Need receivers to get seperation to throw the ball down the field.  We haven't seen a lot of either of these things this year.

If he missing a lot these throws in a clean pocket, with guys streaking down the field, with no one in front of them, then I would be concerned.  But, as it stands, I'm not.

What we should be focusing on his accuracy and touch across the board, and the fact that's made a miniscule amount of mistakes for a rookie.  These are two things that bode very well for the future.
stats are stats.. he has had time down the field..sacked would not count anyway.. im sure you have watched every game and have to admit our down the field throws have sucked.. QB is the prime complaint.. like it or not.. you can;t get around again last in the league is what i heard...
Dude throws dimes on rollouts. Nothing to worry about.
(10-04-2020, 08:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: stats are stats..

Stats are stats, that is correct.

Stats don't tell the whole story.
(10-04-2020, 08:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: we can say that for every QB that has weapons.. bottom line.. Burrow has been horrible in down the field. if he does not get better.. he will be a solid QB not not Franchise.. do you agree with that ?

No I don't agree. 

Burrow has had several tough throws deep this year that either got called back by penalty or a drop.
[Image: 1500x500]