Poll: Do you think Burrow is the Next Luck?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
Burrow the Next Andrew Luck
(09-20-2023, 05:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Simply put? No.

Luck was battered so much from having such a porous OL.

Burrow had the 2020 ACL tear that took him out the rest of that year, but he's played the entirety of 2021 and 2022, going deep into the playoffs both times. He got (way) further than Luck ever did.

Burrow's current injury wasn't from being hit. It was from basic running around.
It's possible Burrow just didn't stretch enough the day in practice it occurred and he rushed back before it fully healed.

Could this end up being a lost season when all is said and done? Sure, but we have at least another month to go before jumping to such a conclusion.
But would I fully expect this to be a lingering issue beyond this year and label Joe Burrow "injury prone" because of a calf strain? Absolutely not.

Damn rights Ochocincos. Completely different players with completely different paths. This calf strain is lingering but he could get over it
at any time and right the ship. Joe looked way better in the 2nd half against the Rats and he still could play Monday night and keep this 
going into a win streak with the right execution in front of and around him on both sides of the ball. Coaching needs to show up in a good
way starting Monday night against a decent Rams team.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 12:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm serious. Do some research on it. The Colt's FO hid this fact to protect Luck and his image/bad press. He completely tore his shoulder apart due to multiple snow boarding accidents. 
Will do thanks!!   
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 10:33 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Coaches/and Joe said he was day to day even up to the Browns game.  If they had taken 2-3 weeks into the season to let him heal then this would not even be a discussion, so since it is a discussion the evidence is clear that Joe was not ready and he was still injured and not just hurt since he RE-Injured the Calf.  Most want to declare that he was just playing hurt but the likely hood of re-injuring would seem pretty high and self evident since he actually is hurt once again.  And No this is not hindsight.  It felt rushed it was rushed and the proof was what was demonstrated on and off the field. 

He was a full participant for the entire week leading up to the game as well as before. We have no idea what would have happened even with sitting another 2-3 weeks. It is hindsight because you said nothing about sitting him before week 1. 

Like I said before, the doctors talked about how Joe could be feeling 100% fine but reinjury could still occur. There's no way to know when these things are healed even if he sat longer. How did it feel rushed when he took the entire preseason off and it was on the far end of time off that any of the doctors discussed?

If Burrow sits the first 2-3 games, start 0-3, and Burrow doesn't get injured after coming back people like you would complain that we sat Burrow too long and screwed our season. We'd see one of your lovely "Did The Coaches Screw The Season" Yes or No polls. Some people are going to complain and use hindsight to support themselves no matter what because that's what they do. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 09:43 AM)TheFan Wrote: He was a full participant for the entire week leading up to the game as well as before. We have no idea what would have happened even with sitting another 2-3 weeks. It is hindsight because you said nothing about sitting him before week 1. 

Like I said before, the doctors talked about how Joe could be feeling 100% fine but reinjury could still occur. There's no way to know when these things are healed even if he sat longer. How did it feel rushed when he took the entire preseason off and it was on the far end of time off that any of the doctors discussed?

If Burrow sits the first 2-3 games, start 0-3, and Burrow doesn't get injured after coming back people like you would complain that we sat Burrow too long and screwed our season. We'd see one of your lovely "Did The Coaches Screw The Season" Yes or No polls. Some people are going to complain and use hindsight to support themselves no matter what because that's what they do. 

I would have not complained I was all for setting him until week 3 prior to the season start.  He was most certainly rushed imo.  Take Care. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 10:10 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Actually,I wouldn’t fault Burrow if he did retire in a few years,considering what he’s been through.But honestly,I don’t think that will happen.

What do you mean "what he's been through"?
He's been through one torn ACL, but that's about from a "big injury" perspective.
Appendectomy was a non-football-related thing.
Calf strain is not some severe thing, although it could linger some this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 02:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What do you mean "what he's been through"?
He's been through one torn ACL, but that's about from a "big injury" perspective.

What if one of those tackles bounced off his large intestine?  we don't know some sort of blockage happened that was not on the field perhaps!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 02:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What do you mean "what he's been through"?

True, Burrow hasn't been through more than a lot of football players. Thems the breaks.

Good things are due though that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 10:10 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Actually,I wouldn’t fault Burrow if he did retire in a few years,considering what he’s been through.But honestly,I don’t think that will happen.

(09-25-2023, 03:44 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: What if one of those tackles bounced off his large intestine?  we don't know some sort of blockage happened that was not on the field perhaps!

I hope these guys are just trolling us. Otherwise the level of intelligence here has taken an extreme drop.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 04:16 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I hope these guys are just trolling us.  Otherwise the level of intelligence here has taken an extreme drop.

I am not a doctor I am just saying a helmet could have hit right on the large intestine and caused a back up in the large intestine and then his pancreas started to pancreatitis up.  Just saying I will check the medical journal and see if this is the common cause of pancreatitis.   A Helmet to the Large Bowels. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 05:25 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I am not a doctor I am just saying a helmet could have hit right on the large intestine and caused a back up in the large intestine and then his pancreas started to pancreatitis up.  Just saying I will check the medical journal and see if this is the common cause of pancreatitis.   A Helmet to the Large Bowels. 

I think you are saying you are full of sh!t in a roundabout, yet comical, kind of way. 

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 05:43 PM)casear2727 Wrote:  
I think you are saying you are full of sh!t in a roundabout, yet comical, kind of way. 

Right in the Bowels.   [Image: john-c-reilly-dr-steve-brule.gif]
Reply/Quote