Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow to the Hospital
(10-11-2021, 11:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That does not bode well...

Even the recent news updates from within the hour just mention him going to the hospital without details.  I guess we just wait 'n see.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 11:13 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Even the recent news updates from within the hour just mention him going to the hospital without details.  I guess we just wait 'n see.

This is not good. If the CT scan had cleared him, he would be home (maybe he is) and there would be a release like the Browns situation. Seems like they found something that needs further evaluation. Sure is funny, we should have a joke thread about it. Sick
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:29 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Most fans got a butt contusion.

Don’t promise this board a good time. 
Reply/Quote
Browns were away from home so maybe the news release of the release was because he was able to fly home and rejoin the team.

Burrow was just across the street.

Good to see "some" people caring about Burrows health again. Maybe it's because the Offensive line isn't to blame for this latest injury and thus no need for defensiveness and denial.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Joe's going to live.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/11/bengals-joe-burrow-injury-update-hospital-trip/
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Fowler and Ian Rappaport both say it was precautionary, he went home last night and should be fine.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:27 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Joe's going to live.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/11/bengals-joe-burrow-injury-update-hospital-trip/

The high and mighty here will be happy to see this... Their saviour lives!
Reply/Quote
So, as we expected, Joe just didn't want to answer the reporters' questions after his performance.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:21 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: So, as we expected, Joe just didn't want to answer the reporters' questions after his performance.

Imagine actually believing this. He had no problem answering their questions after a 3 INT game in Chicago.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It sort of just hit me how when you look back at the past and wishing you made the right decisions you are, in both cases, assuming you have all the correct answers at the present moment.

Right now I'm sure I am right about being wrong in the past when I was sure I was right.  The important thing is, at any given moment, I'm sure I'm right.  Anyways, I keep derailing this throat thread.

This thread really needed derailing. Our "savior" QB goes to the hospital and folks think it's funny. Suppose he had completely lost his voice or needed to have a hole chopped in his trachea to breath...Wouldn't be so goddamned funny then now would it? I know! those making fun of Burrow going to the hospital? Let's make fun of all their misfortunes. That'd be a real hoot, huh? Mellow 
OK..off my soap box. They're cardboard anyway these days and have been for a long time.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 08:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: This thread really needed derailing. Our "savior" QB goes to the hospital and folks think it's funny. Suppose he had completely lost his voice or needed to have a hole chopped in his trachea to breath...Wouldn't be so goddamned funny then now would it? I know! those making fun of Burrow going to the hospital? Let's make fun of all their misfortunes. That'd be a real hoot, huh? Mellow 
OK..off my soap box. They're cardboard anyway these days and have been for a long time.

The dude got injured in the first half, he went into the locker room at halftime with no issue and then came out and played 3 more quarters. If was then determined after all the high-5s after the game that he should go get the throat looked at merely as a precaution.

NO ONE made fun of him getting injured, nor did ANYONE wish him nothing but the best. It's just I and a couple more found other's comments about "chocking" and "hard to swallow" witty, given the nature of the "injury". But some took issue, even though they've done the exact same thing, because they like the player and/or were salty we lost. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:21 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: So, as we expected, Joe just didn't want to answer the reporters' questions after his performance.

I doubt that's what the issue was. The kid owns his performances.Just sent "Franchise" to the hospital to ensure nothing was aggravated. 

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 08:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The dude got injured in the first half, he went into the locker room at halftime with no issue and then came out and played 3 more quarters. If was then determined after all the high-5s after the game that he should go get the throat looked at merely as a precaution.

NO ONE made fun of him getting injured, nor did ANYONE wish him nothing but the best. It's just I and a couple more found other's comments about "chocking" and "hard to swallow" witty, given the nature of the "injury".
But some took issue, even though they've done the exact same thing, because they like the player and/or were salty we lost. 

And here is a statement in complete contradiction with itself. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
The good news is JB now sounds more like his college HC

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The good news is JB now sounds more like his college HC

The bad news is if he is still hoarse the offense likely won't be able to hear him in the huddle and when he's changing the plays in Detroit.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The bad news is if he is still hoarse the offense likely won't be able to hear him in the huddle and when he's changing the plays in Detroit.

Because of the deafening roar of 17 fans?

I kid.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The bad news is if he is still hoarse the offense likely won't be able to hear him in the huddle and when he's changing the plays in Detroit.

We can always run the Pony offense if Burrow is a little hoarse. 

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't get to see the game yet, hope Burrow is alright. Got hit in the throat eh?

Knew it was a game of who had the ball last but I saw some highlights of McPherson and Crosby missing kicks left and right.

Windy as hell I would guess.

I think they missed mainly to the left...

Speedy Recovery JB!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Imagine actually believing this. He had no problem answering their questions after a 3 INT game in Chicago.

You obviously are not familiar with reuben.  

Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 02:45 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I think they missed mainly to the left...

Speedy Recovery JB!

Crosby's "left" would have been McPherson's "right".
Reply/Quote