Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow vs. The Red Rifle
First off, I’m pretty sure no one calls Andy Dalton that anymore... and unfortunately for good reason.

So this is a serious question...

What are the differences between Joe Burrow and Andy Dalton???

For real.

Is it accuracy and pocket presence? Neither known for a big arm. Football IQ? Honesty what is the real differences???

Sell me on Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
Field vision, post snap reads/processing, and pocket awareness.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow has a soul...

Reply/Quote
I'm just going to post this article and let everyone discuss away further, but all the Joe Burrow love it is exactly the same as the Myles Garrett versus Mitchell Trubisky debate. And at this point in their NFL careers, it's kinda easy to say which was the better pick.

Take Young or trade down and get more picks for next year, since next year the blue chip QB comes out in Lawrence and you sell anything to go get him.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/12/6/20985429/the-2017-nfl-draft-provides-a-warning-for-the-bengals

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:09 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm just going to post this article and let everyone discuss away further, but all the Joe Burrow love it is exactly the same as the Myles Garrett versus Mitchell Trubisky debate. And at this point in their NFL careers, it's kinda easy to say which was the better pick.

Take Young or trade down and get more picks for next year, since next year the blue chip QB comes out in Lawrence and you sell anything to go get him.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/12/6/20985429/the-2017-nfl-draft-provides-a-warning-for-the-bengals

It would be a good article if Joe Burrow and Mitch Trubisky had anything in common besides the one year thing which isnt exactly true Burrow. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:09 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm just going to post this article and let everyone discuss away further, but all the Joe Burrow love it is exactly the same as the Myles Garrett versus Mitchell Trubisky debate. And at this point in their NFL careers, it's kinda easy to say which was the better pick.

I’m a big young fan and even campaigned hard for them to take him and wait on QB...but this is laughable. Trubisky wasn’t a great prospect he was a risky one you were betting on the upside. I’ve been skeptical of Burrow but I’m three games in on tape and he is going to come out with a grade higher than anyone outside of Luck/Ryan/Winston in the last 10 years is my guess.

I’m been a Young preacher but the more tape I watch the more I’m becoming a Burrow believer.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:17 PM)Synric Wrote: It would be a good article if Joe Burrow and Mitch Trubisky had anything in common besides the one year thing which isnt exactly true Burrow. 

Right, Burrow was a two year starter even if his numbers jumped in the second year he’s seen and played a whole extra year of football. That has been Trubisky’s issue is he still needs more reps.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:17 PM)Synric Wrote: It would be a good article if Joe Burrow and Mitch Trubisky had anything in common besides the one year thing which isnt exactly true Burrow. 

Burrow had more then one year, but he is like Trubisky in the fact that prior to the season he wasn't listed as the top QB, he was 3rd if not 4th even 5th in some circles. He is coming off a year in 2018 with a 57% completion rate before stepping up this season.

I just really worry this guy is David Carr, JaMarcus Russell, etc.

One year of great success, I'd just prefer to wait and get a guy who has started for several years.

(12-07-2019, 10:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: I’m a big young fan and even campaigned hard for them to take him and wait on QB...but this is laughable. Trubisky wasn’t a great prospect he was a risky one you were betting on the upside. I’ve been skeptical of Burrow but I’m three games in on tape and he is going to come out with a grade higher than anyone outside of Luck/Ryan/Winston in the last 10 years is my guess.

I’m been a Young preacher but the more tape I watch the more I’m becoming a Burrow believer.

He might be listed as a better prospect now, but as I said above he wasn't rated as the top QB till near the end of this season and Tua's injury helped lock him in.

It also worries me that the guy couldn't beat out J.T. Barrett or Dwayne Haskins for the starting job. If those two are both better then he is, then he isn't worth the top pick over all.

Reply/Quote

Yep, both the he's not very athletic and one year wonder narratives about Burrow are false.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Burrow had more then one year, but he is like Trubisky in the fact that prior to the season he wasn't listed as the top QB, he was 3rd if not 4th even 5th in some circles. He is coming off a year in 2018 with a 57% completion rate before stepping up this season.

One year of great success, I'd just prefer to wait and get a guy who has started for several years.

He might be listed as a better prospect now, but as I said above he wasn't rated as the top QB till near the end of this season and Tua's injury helped lock him in.

It also worries me that the guy couldn't beat out J.T. Barrett or Dwayne Haskins for the starting job. If those two are both better then he is, then he isn't worth the top pick over all.

These are excuses and not actually reviewing what a player has put on tape.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Burrow had more then one year, but he is like Trubisky in the fact that prior to the season he wasn't listed as the top QB, he was 3rd if not 4th even 5th in some circles. He is coming off a year in 2018 with a 57% completion rate before stepping up this season.

The Tua thing is more scouts not liking to be wrong more than anything. The reality is he was the better prospect mid season, Tua had shown a couple blemishes but scouts have been pounding the table for two years about Tua and they hate being wrong. We will see a similar thing next year potentially with Trevor Lawrence.

As to him “not being able to beat them out” that doesn’t mean anything. Literally, that argument means nothing in terms of an NFL evaluation. Justin Fields couldn’t beat out Jake Fromm but I’d take Justin Fields over Fromm right now if I was drafting one. College coaches want their guys to win them games and often look for what will win them games today. Joe Burrow is a big time NFL prospect who played on college teams ahead of him doesn’t matter at all.
Reply/Quote
Didnt Burrow get injured in the 2018 offseason and that was a big reason Haskins beat him out and why he transfered?

Reply/Quote
I think the debate alone is enough to warrant doing the right thing.

Trade the pick. This team isn't one player away be it Burrow or Young. Get more picks, fill more holes and roll with Dalton, Bridgewater, or even Fitzmagic for a year and go QB when it is your only need

Reply/Quote

You have to understand that OSU is a team that wins the vast majority of its games and teams like that typically play the upperclassmen at the QB position, as long as the starter is doing enough to win.  It wasn't that those QB's were better, it is that they were older and they were not doing anything to deserve being benched.

Take the Bama CCG a couple of years ago.  Saban surely knew Tua was the better QB, but Hurts got the starts because he was older and not doing anything to warrant being benched- thet were still winning.  When GA forced his hand, then he made the move, and I 100% believe Saban knew what he was doing there.  
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:40 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think the debate alone is enough to warrant doing the right thing.

Trade the pick. This team isn't one player away be it Burrow or Young. Get more picks, fill more holes and roll with Dalton, Bridgewater, or even Fitzmagic for a year and go QB when it is your only need

The right thing is to take one of the best QB prospects in years while we have the chance.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:43 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: You have to understand that OSU is a team that wins the vast majority of its games and teams like that typically play the upperclassmen at the QB position, as long as the starter is doing enough to win.  It wasn't that those QB's were better, it is that they were older and they were not doing anything to deserve being benched.

Take the Bama CCG a couple of years ago.  Saban surely knew Tua was the better QB, but Hurts got the starts because he was older and not doing anything to warrant being benched- thet were still winning.  When GA forced his hand, then he made the move, and I 100% believe Saban knew what he was doing there.  

Yep
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:43 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: You have to understand that OSU is a team that wins the vast majority of its games and teams like that typically play the upperclassmen at the QB position, as long as the starter is doing enough to win.  It wasn't that those QB's were better, it is that they were older and they were not doing anything to deserve being benched.

Exactly.

Take Burrow.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I know strong arm QB are tempting, and many still think Herbert is the best QB prospect coming out next draft. But when you think of NFL QB, Montana, Brady, Manning, they were accurate and had suspect arm strength. Nevertheless, those 3 QB had mentality of a winner and made good decisions, good ball placement.

Burrow is the next great QB coming to the NFL. I don't know if the Bengals will be in position to get him but they should if he is there. He has moxy, intangibles, and has played against the toughest competition this year. He is having an amazing year.

Bengals could still get an edge player in Lewis or Chaison and still get OT WR later.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I repeat Field vision, post snap reads/processing, and pocket awareness. These are huge QB traits.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The right thing is to take one of the best QB prospects in years while we have the chance.

So the New York Giants strategy from last year... good plan. 2 wins would be better then 1, since that is what taking the QB got them.

How the hell can anyone look at this team and think Burrow makes a difference. 

We need 3 starting offensive linemen.

Atleast 1 starting LB.

Another WR since AJ is a free agent. 

But, let's do the Klingler thing again. And the Daniel Jones move..

Get the QB and stick him on a shit team where he gets killed so we need a new one in 2 years. Love this plan, I'm sold, draft him so we can suck for 10 years again 

Reply/Quote