Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow vs. The Red Rifle
(12-09-2019, 09:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You trust our scouts to take one of the less well known guys? I don’t. They just drafted a QB in Finley that doesn’t even belong in the league.

Everyone and their brother knows Burrow is the real deal.

The Bengals scouts don't seem to do much more than look at college metrics.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 04:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who would possibly say Burrow isn’t the best QB prospect at this point?

Most likely very few at this point; however, the draft is not today. A long road ahead.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 03:38 PM)J24 Wrote: What did I say that was anti Burrow? Honestly performing at the level he is in the SEC is very impressive. He will win the Heisman and be a top 5 pick in the draft but acting like anyone who has questions about him is stupid is actually well quite stupid.

I just finally got tired of waiting to use the line "Do you even watch the footballing that is going on in your TV machine".

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 04:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely very few at this point; however, the draft is not today. A long road ahead.

True, but there shouldn't be anything that will move the needle that far.  The true way, as you know, is to evaluate a guy's game film.  Trust your evaluation of that film.

Unless Burrow is a complete asshole to team officials or ends up failing miserably (showing up late or giving little effort) at the senior bowl, there shouldn't be any reason to take a qB ahead of him.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:09 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm just going to post this article and let everyone discuss away further, but all the Joe Burrow love it is exactly the same as the Myles Garrett versus Mitchell Trubisky debate. And at this point in their NFL careers, it's kinda easy to say which was the better pick.

Take Young or trade down and get more picks for next year, since next year the blue chip QB comes out in Lawrence and you sell anything to go get him.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/12/6/20985429/the-2017-nfl-draft-provides-a-warning-for-the-bengals

There's absolutely no doubt that Myles Garrett is a better player than Mitch Trubisky.

But did Myles Garrett change the Browns? Did he revolutionize their team?

Or is he just a good player that has consistent production and impact pass rushing capability?

From my perspective, the Browns became the sweetheart of the NFL this past off season (and has potential going into the future) not because of Garrett, but because of their other #1 pick. Baker Mayfield. Granted they haven't fully lived up to that potential yet, but Mayfield is showing that he is a good QB that can grow to be elite. They wouldn't be where they are now without him.

Is Joe Burrow a Mayfield or a Trubisky? I would lean towards the former (if not superior to Mayfield). After all, most draftniks thought Trubisky was a MASSIVE reach at 2 and Mayfield was, relatively speaking, somewhat controversial at #1 (many thought Sam Darnold or even Josh Allen had the inside edge for #1 overall for a while), but none of them are flinching at Burrow at #1.

There's no denying that Chase Young would improve this team. But he won't redefine our team. Burrow can.

There's obviously a risk that Joe Burrow busts like Trubisky did. But that's the case with all QBs. If we waited until 2021 and got the #1 pick again (side note: not a good sign getting the #1 pick twice in a row) and take Lawrence, he could bust as well. There are no guarantees, but looking at Myles vs Mitch as a reason not to take Burrow is faulty logic, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 03:32 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There's absolutely no doubt that Myles Garrett is a better player than Mitch Trubisky.

But did Myles Garrett change the Browns? Did he revolutionize their team?

Or is he just a good player that has consistent production and impact pass rushing capability?

From my perspective, the Browns became the sweetheart of the NFL this past off season (and has potential going into the future) not because of Garrett, but because of their other #1 pick. Baker Mayfield. Granted they haven't fully lived up to that potential yet, but Mayfield is showing that he is a good QB that can grow to be elite. They wouldn't be where they are now without him.

Is Joe Burrow a Mayfield or a Trubisky? I would lean towards the former (if not superior to Mayfield). After all, most draftniks thought Trubisky was a MASSIVE reach at 2 and Mayfield was, relatively speaking, somewhat controversial at #1 (many thought Sam Darnold or even Josh Allen had the inside edge for #1 overall for a while), but none of them are flinching at Burrow at #1.

There's no denying that Chase Young would improve this team. But he won't redefine our team. Burrow can.

There's obviously a risk that Joe Burrow busts like Trubisky did. But that's the case with all QBs. If we waited until 2021 and got the #1 pick again (side note: not a good sign getting the #1 pick twice in a row) and take Lawrence, he could bust as well. There are no guarantees, but looking at Myles vs Mitch as a reason not to take Burrow is faulty logic, in my opinion.

Way too early to label Trubisky a bust. His last couple games have actually been pretty good.

Reply/Quote