Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow will be on The Herd

Joe Burrow will be interview by Colin Cowherd today. I believe this is his first interview since the injury.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
I guess "Why?" is my first question.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 12:37 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I guess "Why?" is my first question.

To talk is my guess. 
Reply/Quote
To back his coach and our strong foundation
Reply/Quote
If anyone can share a recap after the interview, I'd appreciate it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
JB will likely spend a good portion of his time defending ZT against Cowherd. If he succeeds, that will nothing short of miraculous.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Appreciate the heads up! Should be on Fox Sports at noon EST I believe. Just turned on Undisputed while I wait!

I do think Burrow will likely discuss ZT and all that, but I'm going to guess he spends more time talking about the O Line and perhaps Sewell versus Chase at #5 is a topic.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 12:37 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I guess "Why?" is my first question.

Because he's Tony Romo? 

Popcorn
Reply/Quote
Couple takeaways -

Burrow pimped ZT HARD! I actually am starting to believe him when he says he likes him.

Thought Cowherd interviewed him great. Done gate on Cowherd but he's my favorite sports personality at the moment.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Talked a little about everything.
-Discussed transition to NFL
-Discussed briefly his relationship with Taylor
      -of course he talks very highly of Taylor
-Discussed reading defense
       - Gave an example of his interception against Indy and the way he talked about it was pretty cool
-Talked about rehab
        -100% believes he'll be ready for the season opener.

Good, fun interview. 
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think the Zac haters need to step back and just be open to things getting better in year 3. Athletes don't speak the way Burrow did just for lip service.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 04:59 PM)pally Wrote:

[Image: Pee-Wee-Monkeys-1.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:08 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: I think the Zac haters need to step back and just be open to things getting better in year 3. Athletes don't speak the way Burrow did just for lip service.

I think Zac better put up in a huge way in 2021 or his butt should be on the street without hesitation.  

I don't really care if Burrow thinks Zac is the second coming, if he can't get this team to win, he shouldn't be leading it.  Winning is all that matters, not making friends. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:11 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I think Zac better put up in a huge way in 2021 or his butt should be on the street without hesitation.  

I don't really care if Burrow thinks Zac is the second coming, if he can't get this team to win, he shouldn't be leading it.  Winning is all that matters, not making friends. 

I think a coach needs 3 years to show progress in a full rebuild and I saw some things this year that gave me hope. It wasn't like the Gase trainwreck in New York.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:08 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: I think the Zac haters need to step back and just be open to things getting better in year 3. Athletes don't speak the way Burrow did just for lip service.

Burrow loves Taylor because Burrow believes he can win NFL games by himself and Zach is willing to let him throw it 50 times a game.

It is like a kid loving his father because he lets him eat ice cream for supper.  And that is why no respectable team should pick their coach based on who a rookie QB wants.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow loves Taylor because Burrow believes he can win NFL games by himself and Zach is willing to let him throw it 50 times a game.

It is like a kid loving his father because he lets him eat ice cream for supper.  And that is why no respectable team should pick their coach based on who a rookie QB wants.

Haha, that's also a possible takeaway. 

However I can't agree, Joe's character wouldn't ever allow him to think that selfishly.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:12 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: I think a coach needs 3 years to show progress in a full rebuild and I saw some things this year that gave me hope. It wasn't like the Gase trainwreck in New York.

There are already about 10 other threads going through this topic and I've still yet to see anything defined by those defending Zac that show he made any improvements this year.  The only thing I see is that with healthy players, a big FA haul and an awesome draft, the team might have enough talent that they can make plays to overcome the coaching.  And that doesn't give me any hope about Zac specifically.  
Reply/Quote

Yes they do. It's the only pro system Burrow knows so of course he's on board. But asking us to step back after the shit show this franchise has put the fans through since MB took over is asking for a miracle. Plus, you just can't unsee what we've seen and watching Burrow get thrown to the turf that many times and Taylor kept dropping him back with the worst OL in NFL HISTORY, that's completely unforgivable. They threw his ass to the wolves.

I'm not chastising you. Just explaining why it wont happen. 

Reply/Quote