Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow will be on The Herd
(01-07-2021, 09:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No it’s not. Even if he truly means it, I want Burrow for his skill on the field. Not evaluating coaches. He’s a QB, not a GM.

Uh, yeah it is. If you said you think he is wrong about Taylor, that is not insulting. If you said you don't believe he's being truthful about his feelings when he says how much he likes Taylor, then you are basically calling him a liar, and from where I am that's an insult. Two separate things.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 01:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Some would argue that it is more insulting to suggest that Burrow is dumb enough to really mean what he says.

Fact is none of know what he really thinks.  You have no more proof that you are right than anyone else.  You just believe what you want to.  

No, I take the man at his word. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 01:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Some would argue that it is more insulting to suggest that Burrow is dumb enough to really mean what he says.

Fact is none of know what he really thinks.  You have no more proof that you are right than anyone else.  You just believe what you want to.  

Well this isn't true. They have what he says, which is more proof than those claiming he is lying. One is based in statement, and one is based in absolutely nothing. 

Why is insulting to mean what you say? Unless you're entire persona is made up of a lie. Just look at what Logan Wilson said... he was all for bringing back ZT, but when it came to Lou, he was mum, saying whatever the team does he is okay with. 

PS. By no means am I endorsing ZT, I am just saying players giving ringing endorsements, as opposed to kinda playing it neutral, shows me they believe in him. So they either sink or swim with that. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 10:13 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well this isn't true. They have what he says, which is more proof than those claiming he is lying. One is based in statement, and one is based in absolutely nothing. 

Why is insulting to mean what you say? Unless you're entire persona is made up of a lie. Just look at what Logan Wilson said... he was all for bringing back ZT, but when it came to Lou, he was mum, saying whatever the team does he is okay with. 

PS. By no means am I endorsing ZT, I am just saying players giving ringing endorsements, as opposed to kinda playing it neutral, shows me they believe in him. So they either sink or swim with that. 

How can a player really play it neutral though? Especially a high profile one like Joe Burrow. Remember how much people twisted his words about his “leverage” before we drafted him? In this day and age people would jump all over and dissect anything said that’s not entirely positive. Cowherd asked Burrow directly about Taylor so I don’t think he had much choice other than to back his coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 09:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No, I take the man at his word. 

I am with you.  I take JB for his word.

Why bother listening to a JB interview if you are not going to believe what he says?

I find it hard to believe that the Brown family or Tobin did not privately approach Joe to ask him if he is good with ZT.

JB might be the reason they did not get rid of ZT.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 10:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How can a player really play it neutral though? Especially a high profile one like Joe Burrow. Remember how much people twisted his words about his “leverage” before we drafted him? In this day and age people would jump all over and dissect anything said that’s not entirely positive. Cowherd asked Burrow directly about Taylor so I don’t think he had much choice other than to back his coach.

I feel his word choice is weird though for someone who would be lying. Such as using words as amazing, and awesome, and things like that. I just don't buy that he's selling us lip service. Hey, I could be wrong, but I don't think its unreasonable to think he's saying what he truly believes. 

I guess really only time will tell. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 01:36 AM)Blacknights36 Wrote: It wasn’t like he was on the show selling some brand

But that's exactly what he's doing.  And that brand happens to be the Cincinnati Bengals.

He's the face of the team, and he's a captain.  He's on there respresenting the Cincinnati Bengals.  When he's directly asked "how is your relationship with Zac Taylor" he's really only got one way he can answer that. (Good, or great, followed by explantion as to why it's good or great)

Mike Brown, the owner of the team, just publicly put out a statement supporting Zac Taylor and he announced his return.  Any player that is asked about Zac Taylor immediately following that announcement can only approach the question in a positive manner.

It would be one thing if Joe Burrow went out of his way to bring in Taylor up, even when unprompted.  But when he's specifically asked about him what else would you expect to say?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 09:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No, I take the man at his word. 

You dont bark at the boss if you dont have options to change things...   Burrow saying negative things about ZT wouldnt go over well..

Plus Burrow hasnt had any other NFL coach so Zach is the best hes had.. to me it just sounds like Burrow is excited to play football..
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 12:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: But that's exactly what he's doing.  And that brand happens to be the Cincinnati Bengals.

He's the face of the team, and he's a captain.  He's on there respresenting the Cincinnati Bengals.  When he's directly asked "how is your relationship with Zac Taylor" he's really only got one way he can answer that. (Good, or great, followed by explantion as to why it's good or great)

Mike Brown, the owner of the team, just publicly put out a statement supporting Zac Taylor and he announced his return.  Any player that is asked about Zac Taylor immediately following that announcement can only approach the question in a positive manner.

It would be one thing if Joe Burrow went out of his way to bring in Taylor up, even when unprompted.  But when he's specifically asked about him what else would you expect to say?

His tweet on Monday was unprompted and not needed, but yet in appearance seemed like a ringing endorsement giving the timing? I just feel you guys are trying really hard to believe Burrow doesn't believe in Taylor because of how much high expectations we have for Burrow vs how terrible we think ZT is. While its all warranted, there is a lot of guesswork and speculation on both sides. Really at this point it doesn't matter. If they are going to forward with ZT, might as well have the QB believe in him or its going to be a 100% disaster instead of like a 98% disaster. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 10:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
How can a player really play it neutral though?
Especially a high profile one like Joe Burrow. Remember how much people twisted his words about his “leverage” before we drafted him? In this day and age people would jump all over and dissect anything said that’s not entirely positive. Cowherd asked Burrow directly about Taylor so I don’t think he had much choice other than to back his coach.

Just like Wilson when he was asked about Lou. You say, "I'm good with whatever the team decides is the best" You don't knock him, but you don't go out of your way to praise him. Players do that all the time.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 12:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: You dont bark at the boss if you dont have options to change things...   Burrow saying negative things about ZT wouldnt go over well..

Plus Burrow hasnt had any other NFL coach so Zach is the best hes had..  to me it just sounds like Burrow is excited to play football..

He doesn't have to say negative things. He could be neutral, or just not say committal at all and give a generic response. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just like Wilson when he was asked about Lou. You say, "I'm good with whatever the team decides is the best" You don't knock him, but you don't go out of your way to praise him. Players do that all the time.

Aa a Taylor fanboy what do you have to say about Wilson's refusal to support him?

Not a very good sign, is it?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 04:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As in what? Literally walking off the field and forfeiting? You’re right, they didn’t do that. However the effort was truly abysmal, and no amount of injuries can excuse it.

I think you're mistaking effort with skill.   The Bengals were simply not near the level of talent was the actual issue.  
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Aa a Taylor fanboy what do you have to say about Wilson's refusal to support him?

That's Wilson's refusal to support Lou.  Not Taylor.  Try again.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Aa a Taylor fanboy what do you have to say about Wilson's refusal to support him?

So close Fred, but so far. Wrong coach. 
Reply/Quote

You have to keep up, Fred. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow loves Taylor because Burrow believes he can win NFL games by himself and Zach is willing to let him throw it 50 times a game.

It is like a kid loving his father because he lets him eat ice cream for supper.  And that is why no respectable team should pick their coach based on who a rookie QB wants.

Just an asinine and ignorant comment.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:21 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I think you're mistaking effort with skill.   The Bengals were simply not near the level of talent was the actual issue.  

How did they beat the Steelers and Titans then?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote