Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye Coach Taylor
Meh, it's just one game but yea the guy did set multiple losing records in his first year here and his resume before getting here is thin to say the least. This guy is the first to go under the wheels of the bus if Burrow doesn't save him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:35 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: That game felt a lot like the Denver game at the beginning of the 2009 season. Here's hoping that this season turns out in a similar way.

Bingo
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:33 PM)TKUHL Wrote: There is too much talent on offense for this team to struggle like they do. The play calling is terrible and Ross just needs to be buried further down the depth chart. Burrow looked good on that final drive. Green didn’t push off anymore than the SD player that caught a TD, but it should never come down to a call here or robbed of a play after the ball is snapped. This team had plenty of chances to win today. But it was over the second Bullock was relied upon to do his job. May have been the right call, but not with fat Randy. There was still time for 2 quick passes. Not impressed with this Zac coaches offense with the weapons we have. Oh and the line still sucks, and water is wet.

Ok, only in your world does *7* seconds give you two passes, before having to kick it.

If they were still on the 3, they had 1 shot to run a play, but at the 13, if you take a sack or get tackled short or whatever, it's game over and you don't even have an opportunity to kick.

Trent Green said right off the bat that you don't **** around here; try the chip shot and go to OT.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:35 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Not a fluke when he does it all the time when it matters. 

But he doesn't; last time was in 2016 on Christmas Eve.

Since then, he's won multiple games with late kicks/kicks to end the game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:34 PM)lone bengal Wrote: The defense played good. But Jesus I haven’t been impressed with Taylor. Recklessly burned 3 timeouts with 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter that they could have used on that last drive. Ok so Bobby Hart can’t block Bosa , you drafted a blocking tight end in round 2 you can’t chip with Sample ? Also not much creativity offensively.

The main issues with Bosa were stunts and such where it seemed like Hart and XSF weren't on the same page as to who was going to block who. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Burrow played subpar also till the last drive.. lets not skip that one

No he didn’t. Other than the terrible INT he was fine. He had NO time 95% of the game. We only got in the EZ because of him, and if we had any timeouts the end of the game (is Marvin back?) we probably win.

Taylor is a terrible HC. We should have hired Eric Bieniemy.

Reply/Quote
This team was only going to be good with a bunch of conditional things happening...
- 4 spots on the OL (LT, LG, RG, RT) have to improve to at least decent. LT and LG are based on hope of draft picks. RG and RT are based on a backup who hadn't played RG before in the NFL (XSF) and a player who has played overall bad the past 3 seasons (Hart). The right side of the line is the one who has less hope.

- Playcalling improves.

- DTs and WRs stay healthy.

- Young LBs step up

That's a lot of things that have to improve in order to become good. And they aren't there yet. Especially 1 and 2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think the team will be above .500

Come October.
Reply/Quote
I will say it doesn't bode well for ZT thus far when the best Burrow did was in the no-huddle and on an audible where he scored our only TD of the day.
Reply/Quote
Come on... He called the game to not overwhelm a rookie QB, we had a chance to win at the end and he let him loose a bit.

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Not upset by the play calling, the offensive line was terrible - specifically Hart. We were winning the game and should have, two or three plays away from winning. Bad fumble and a couple of rookie mistakes (under duress). We fed Mixon which has been a key indicator in wins so I think the staff understands the formula.

Really impressed with the defense, mostly the LBs. Dline stepped up w/ Geno out.

No preseason, limited practice, rookie QB. Realistic expectations I feel good going into Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
I’m pretty sure that’s the only time a kicker with.a chip shot FG to tie or win shreds his hamstring during the kick, and shanks the ball into a pot of nearby Goldstar.

I’m serious. That doesn’t happen. Only in this special burg we call home.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not making excuses for Fat Randy, but it looked like he hurt himself before/during the kick; there was, like, 0 juice to it and I don't think I've EVER seen him miss a kick that badly; that was really off the mark and he's never been that bad.

Randy keep us in the game.. just a bad break.. had made over 40 in a row inside the 40.... 
Reply/Quote
Congratulations Zac. You’re 2-15.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:34 PM)lone bengal Wrote: The defense played good. But Jesus I haven’t been impressed with Taylor. Recklessly burned 3 timeouts with 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter that they could have used on that last drive. Ok so Bobby Hart can’t block Bosa , you drafted a blocking tight end in round 2 you can’t chip with Sample ? Also not much creativity offensively.

He used TO’s because he had a rookie QB with no preseason and had to use them. Taylor was good about saving TO’s last year especially compared to Marvin. He was right to use his TO’s today when he did
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:43 PM)ah5 Wrote: Come on... He called the game to not overwhelm a rookie QB, we had a chance to win at the end and he let him loose a bit.

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk

He called a horrible game, like normal IMO. Where was Boyd the whole game? Where were the short easy passes?
Reply/Quote
The pitches early in the game were bad play designs they wrent just pulling a player to the outside it was pulling 2 and a TE to cut off the front End.

Zac Taylor, Brian Callahan, and Turner tried way to hard... FFS let Joe Mixon earn his contract.

The Browns Thursday are going to be a tougher team than the chargers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:46 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He used TO’s because he had a rookie QB with no preseason and had to use them. Taylor was good about saving TO’s last year especially compared to Marvin. He was right to use his TO’s today when he did

Wasn't 2 TO's when the defense was on the field?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:44 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’m pretty sure that’s the only time a kicker with.a chip shot FG to tie or win shreds his hamstring during the kick, and shanks the ball into a pot of nearby Goldstar.

I’m serious. That doesn’t happen. Only in this special burg we call home.

Seemed to me like he shanked it and then realized he was “hurt”. Maybe not, but...
Reply/Quote
We dont have too much talent on offense. Offensive line is part of the offense, and we are sorely lacking talent in that area. Look at the rams last year. All that talent on offense and they couldnt make the playoffs.

WHY?

Offensive line
Reply/Quote