Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CA shooting: Domestic Terrorism
(12-03-2015, 01:09 PM)6andcounting Wrote: What to terrorism and shark attacks have in common?

Both caused by global warming.

Where ya gonna hide when the sea level rise and the Sharks can go everywhere?!?!

[Image: We_8084fa_2091579.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-03-2015, 01:06 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: How do you see 14 innocent people murdered and a dozen more injured and not call it terrorism?

Because body count by itself does not equal terrorism. Before you or anyone else says otherwise, tell me what number you consider a killing to be a terrorist act.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-03-2015, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because body count by itself does not equal terrorism. Before you or anyone else says otherwise, tell me what number you consider a killing to be a terrorist act.

Terrorism gets thrown around way too much. It's almost getting as bad as racist is tossed around here. Using the scary word doesn't make anyone more right.
(12-03-2015, 12:39 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The next constructive discussion you have will be the first. 

Not to nitpick, but when you say "next", that implies that he's already been one, so how could it be the first?
Honestly, you'd be much better off just ignoring him.
(12-03-2015, 11:25 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Just a couple of Muslim Americans trying to blend into American culture, eh.

This got a cynical snort from me.  Maybe they will assimilate, after all!
(12-03-2015, 10:49 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Before I went to bed last night I was going to post that there is no way the suspects are white males because it is taking way too long for the media to confirm the names. I didn't want to cause a shitstorm, but no surprise waking up today and seeing the names.

Yes, I had the same feeling. .
(12-03-2015, 01:06 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: How do you see 14 innocent people murdered and a dozen more injured and not call it terrorism?

Because mass murder isn't the definition of terrorism.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-03-2015, 02:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not to nitpick, but when you say "next", that implies that he's already been one, so how could it be the first?

If you continue to read the rest of the sentence I explicitly state that is not what I am implying, but quite literally the opposite.  Not to nit pick, but nit picking is exactly what you're doing. Please correct me if I'm wrong because it has been a looooong time since I studied grade school grammar, but discussion is a noun and the subject of the sentence. Constructive is an adjective which I used to describe the type of conversation. Has this Lucie character had a conversation in the past? Yes. Has his character's discussions been constructive? No. So the next discussion his character has which is actually constructive will be his first constructive discussion.
Shooter was in touch with terror subjects, officials believe

Looks like a few of you called it.  
(12-03-2015, 02:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not to nitpick, but when you say "next", that implies that he's already been one, so how could it be the first?

Evidently he would rather single white female me all over the board.

I am starting to think he and Dino are having a contest to see who can quote me the most.
(12-03-2015, 06:47 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: [/url][url=http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/03/us/san-bernardino-shooting/index.html]Shooter was in touch with terror subjects, officials believe

Looks like a few of you called it.  

I wish it were not true, but it seemed obvious given the circumstances.
Sad
(12-03-2015, 06:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Evidently he would rather single white female me all over the board.  

I am starting to think he and Dino are having a contest to see who can quote me the most.

We're having a contest.  First one who quotes you when you tell the truth wins.

And the game continues....

Smirk
http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/12/03/neighbor-didnt-report-suspicious-activity-of-san-bernardino-killers-for-fear-of-being-called-racist-n2088543

This is why you laugh when idiots constantly throw out the word racist. Unfortunately the word has lost its meaning now because it's constantly tossed around. Should be a reminder to everyone about throwing around ridiculous labels. It's not constructive and only seperates people.

[Image: pkWl2UA.jpg]
(12-03-2015, 11:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/12/03/neighbor-didnt-report-suspicious-activity-of-san-bernardino-killers-for-fear-of-being-called-racist-n2088543

This is why you laugh when idiots constantly throw out the word racist.   Unfortunately the word has lost its meaning now because it's constantly tossed around.   Should be a reminder to everyone about throwing around ridiculous labels.   It's not constructive and only seperates people.  

[Image: pkWl2UA.jpg]

Maybe they were building a clock?  Ninja

All seriousness aside middle eastern people moving in and receiving packages isn't "suspicious" any more than Billy Bob stocking up on ammo.

Hindsight is 20/20.

If people had known why Timothy McVeigh was buying all that fertilizer they would turned him in too.
(12-03-2015, 02:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This got a cynical snort from me.  Maybe they will assimilate, after all!

"Little ditty
'bout Jamal and Daiya.
Two 'Merican kids growin' up
in the heartland.
Jamal gonna be a
Jihadi star.
Daiya adjusts her Burqa
in the backseat
of Jamal's car.

Sucking on falafels
outside the Ali Baba's
Jamal sittin' on Daiya's lap
got his hands between his own knees.
Jamal say, 'Hey, Woman,
let us run off to Mecca.
Walk around in circles,
learn of ISIL tactics.'

Oh yeah, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone.
Oh yeah, life goes on

They walk on

Jamal sits back reflects
his thoughts for the moment
Scratches his beard
and does his best Bin Laden.
'Well you know, Woman,
We oughta shoot up some city.'
Diane says... nothing,
because she is a woman and fears punishment.

Jamal, say-a

Oh yeah, life goes on
Oh yeah, life goes on

Gonna let it rock.
Let it roll.
Bomb the Bible Belt
and save my soul.
Hold on to the trigger as long as you can.
Changes come around real soon
and give us forty virgins!

Little ditty
'bout Jamal and Daiya.
Two 'merican kids doin' the best they can."
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Sounds like what bfine was suggesting. A man who had some terrorists links and possibly was planning something. Got offended by something and convinced the wife (or maybe she convinced him) to start their plans earlier than they had hoped.

Not that it really matters, but that raises an interesting question. DESPITE ties to terrorists suspects and the professional equipment used, is it really terrorism if it was a "crime of passion"? Certainly it seems like it could still be if they determine that they were planning on continuing their reign of terror and it was politically motivated.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-03-2015, 11:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe they were building a clock?  Ninja

All seriousness aside middle eastern people moving in and receiving packages isn't "suspicious" any more than Billy Bob stocking up on ammo.

Hindsight is 20/20.

If people had known why Timothy McVeigh was buying all that fertilizer they would turned him in too.

A group of Middle easterners moving in and receiving numerous packages on a regular basis is suspicious.
(12-03-2015, 11:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: A group of Middle easterners moving in and receiving numerous packages on a regular basis is suspicious.

Why?  Did you not have things brought to your new place of residence when you moved in?

Oh crap...I forgot.

Brown people.
(12-03-2015, 11:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sounds like what bfine was suggesting. A man who had some terrorists links and possibly was planning something. Got offended by something and convinced the wife (or maybe she convinced him) to start their plans earlier than they had hoped.

Not that it really matters, but that raises an interesting question. DESPITE ties to terrorists suspects and the professional equipment used, is it really terrorism if it was a "crime of passion"? Certainly it seems like it could still be if they determine that they were planning on continuing their reign of terror and it was politically motivated.

Larry just "hoped" it was a foreigner.   Ninja

But, yes, its terrorism.  The "ties" mentioned so far were referred to as "soft" and infrequent.  Maybe there will be more shown?  
(12-02-2015, 11:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just thought I'd get that out of the way.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/12/02/officials-shooting-reported-calif-golf-course/76675776/

What in the collective hell is wrong with our country?  I thought we were better than those savages that live in countries without laws?

How many more innocent lives have to be lost?

LOL

It was pure terrorist strike.  He just played sleeper cell for long enough for no one to suspect him..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23