Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CA shooting: Domestic Terrorism
(12-03-2015, 12:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why?

Because they are selfish people who want this to be about them . Instead of it being about the truly unique situation that we should be having a really constructive discussion .
(12-03-2015, 12:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Because they are selfish people who want this to be about them .  Instead of it being about the truly unique situation that we should be having a really constructive discussion .

The next constructive discussion you have will be the first. 
(12-03-2015, 12:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: Terrorism doesn't even have to result in a single death.

Yes I know and mass murder does not equal terrorism.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
One of the theories kicked around that I think may make the most sense is that this was part of a cell that was planning a bigger attack, but one of them felt he/she got insulted at this party and went home and got folks/equipment already available.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-03-2015, 12:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: One of the theories kicked around that I think may make the most sense is that this was part of a cell that was planning a bigger attack, but one of them felt he/she got insulted at this party and went home and got folks/equipment already available.

Precisely where my mind was at.
Body armor and assault rifles ready on the spot ?
C'mon....

My money says there's a hard drive full of goodies to be found.
I really have to say the fact that Americans spend their time debating back and forth over the minutiae of "today's mass shooting" is quite the statement about our culture.

Even if this is a love triangle, there will be a white terrorist and a muslim terrorist within the next 90 days or so. Maybe that's giving us all too much credit.
(12-03-2015, 12:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: One of the theories kicked around that I think may make the most sense is that this was part of a cell that was planning a bigger attack, but one of them felt he/she got insulted at this party and went home and got folks/equipment already available.

(12-03-2015, 01:09 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Precisely where my mind was at.
C'mon....

This is exactly what we were thinking as well. They got their feelings hurt and blew their wad.
(12-03-2015, 01:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I really have to say the fact that Americans spend their time debating back and forth over the minutiae of "today's mass shooting" is quite the statement about our culture.

Even if this is a love triangle, there will be a white terrorist and a muslim terrorist within the next 90 days or so.  Maybe that's giving us all too much credit.

There was a black gang mass killing at a kids birthday party at bunny friend park in Louisiana earlier this week as well I believe. So I guess you can add them into the mix too.
(12-03-2015, 01:22 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There was a black gang mass killing at a kids birthday party at bunny friend park in Louisiana earlier this week as well I believe.    So I guess you can add them into the mix too.

Well, as long as the government keeps forbidding and defunding studies on gun violence and praying I guess we'll be fine.
(12-03-2015, 01:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, as long as the government keeps forbidding and defunding studies on gun violence and praying I guess we'll be fine.

Overall gun violence is down. 
Gun violence in "mass shootings" is slightly up.
(12-03-2015, 01:09 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Precisely where my mind was at.
C'mon....

(12-03-2015, 01:20 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is exactly what we were thinking as well.   They got their feelings hurt and blew their wad.

You don't take multiple weapons and three bombs because you got your feelings hurt.

Maybe in the Ukraine....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-03-2015, 01:57 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Overall gun violence is down. 
Gun violence in "mass shootings" is slightly up.

That's really hard to know since the CDC isn't allowed to study it or they lose all their funding.  Which makes sense in a world where the gun lobby is throwing money at the elected officials.  Perfect sense.
Before I went to bed last night I was going to post that there is no way the suspects are white males because it is taking way too long for the media to confirm the names. I didn't want to cause a shitstorm, but no surprise waking up today and seeing the names.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
The 6 month year old baby was left with the guy's mother since Wednesday night. Between that fact, the bombs, escape plan and how quickly they showed up with weapons and gear it's just impossible to believe this was a spontaneous angry outburst over an argument.
Just a couple of Muslim Americans trying to blend into American culture, eh.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(12-03-2015, 08:22 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's really hard to know since the CDC isn't allowed to study it or they lose all their funding.  Which makes sense in a world where the gun lobby is throwing money at the elected officials.  Perfect sense.

https://www.brennancenter.org/blog/americas-faulty-perception-crime-rates

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/05/07/gun-homicide-rate-down-49-since-1993-peak-public-unaware/?utm_expid=53098246-2.Lly4CFSVQG2lphsg-KopIg.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nationalreview.com%2Fcorner%2F427758%2Fcareful-panic-violent-crime-and-gun-crime-are-both-dropping-charles-c-w-cooke
http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/12/03/cruz-california-shootings-underscore-that-u-s-is-at-war/

Quote:WASHINGTON — Ted Cruz said Thursday that the shootings in San Bernardino, Calif., may be “yet another manifestation” of “radical Islamic terrorism,” and that the attack underscores the fact that the United States is at war.

“I believe this nation needs a war-time president to defend it,” Cruz said in kicking off a presidential forum sponsored by the Republican Jewish Coalition.

Staking his claim to be commander in chief, the first-term Texas senator criticized President Obama and his aides for their counter-terrorism strategy and said they use “politically correct double-speak” in discussing the threat from “radical Islam.”

Like his GOP opponents, Cruz attacked Obama over his frayed relations with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. He again pledged to rip up the Obama-negotiated nuclear agreement with Iran, drawing a standing ovation from those in attendance. The crowd also stood and cheered when Cruz proposed to move the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.

Cruz’s Republican opponents will also speak before the Republican Jewish Coalition throughout the day. Cruz spoke at a time he is moving up in a series of Republican polls, include those in Iowa, which holds the first nomination contest with caucuses on Feb. 1.

Speaking at the Ronald Reagan building in downtown Washington, Cruz invoked the revered GOP president by saying that Reagan’s attitude toward the old Soviet Union should also be applied to the Islamic State and other terrorist radicals: “We win — they lose.”
(12-03-2015, 12:00 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: https://www.brennancenter.org/blog/americas-faulty-perception-crime-rates

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/05/07/gun-homicide-rate-down-49-since-1993-peak-public-unaware/?utm_expid=53098246-2.Lly4CFSVQG2lphsg-KopIg.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nationalreview.com%2Fcorner%2F427758%2Fcareful-panic-violent-crime-and-gun-crime-are-both-dropping-charles-c-w-cooke

I understand that there are studies of the information available.   I also understand that the reporting or the events and the studying of them has been lax and in some case useless based on laws that were lobbied for.

Its like the case some years ago where the news was touting "The Year of the shark" due to all the attacks...and it turned out there were fewer shark attacks than even the year before.  

At least we can track those.   Smirk
(12-02-2015, 11:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How do you say you don't know a motive and yet call it terrorism?

How do you see 14 innocent people murdered and a dozen more injured and not call it terrorism?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(12-03-2015, 12:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: I understand that there are studies of the information available.   I also understand that the reporting or the events and the studying of them has been lax and in some case useless based on laws that were lobbied for.

Its like the case some years ago where the news was touting "The Year of the shark" due to all the attacks...and it turned out there were fewer shark attacks than even the year before.  

At least we can track those.   Smirk

What to terrorism and shark attacks have in common?

Both caused by global warming.