Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ rehabbing
(02-07-2022, 02:22 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Uzi is one of my favorite players, and whether or not he is 100% able to do what he can usually do, it will be great to have him suited up for the game. He's a really good leader.

Agreed, his leadership skills shine when we see a glimpse of players hyping each other up pregame and the audio clips of players interacting with each other during the course of the game. The in-game hot mics show to what extent he's admired by his peers as we continuously see footage of guys like Chase and others intently listening to CJ talk them through something or CJ seemingly keeping the guys simultaneously focused yet loose through the course of the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Everyone called Terrell Owens a "diva" but he played in a Super Bowl just 6 weeks after breaking his leg.

I think he actually had a hyperbaric chamber he was sleeping in to aid the healing process.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone called Terrell Owens a "diva" but he played in a Super Bowl just 6 weeks after breaking his leg.

I think he actually had a hyperbaric chamber he was sleeping in to aid the healing process.

Owens WAS a diva. Lot's of divas in the league are tough. Being weak is not what makes on a diva. 
Reply/Quote
GO BINGO!!!

[Image: latest?cb=20170910231605]
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/2/7/22921959/c-j-uzomah-injury-bengals-news-rams-super-bowl-2022
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 03:49 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/2/7/22921959/c-j-uzomah-injury-bengals-news-rams-super-bowl-2022

In typical CJ fashion, that is not what he said. He said he was gonna do everything he could to play. Nothing definitive there. 
Reply/Quote
He'll play.

Reply/Quote
“ Cincinnati Bengals tight end C.J. Uzomah is doing everything he can to play in Super Bowl LVI after suffering a knee injury in the AFC Championship Game.
Speaking to the media Monday, Uzomah said he'll be on the field Sunday if he has his way.
"Day to day. My mind, my mind, is yes," he said when asked if he expects to play. "But for the sake of everyone else, I'm just going to say day to day."
Uzomah went down just nine snaps into the AFC Championship Game win over the Kansas City Chiefs and was quickly ruled out. But an MRI on his knee provided hope that he'll be able to suit up after having an extra week of rest.
"It's the Super Bowl. I'm doing everything I can," he said. "I don't really care too much about how I'm feeling, to be honest, when I'm out there. … I'm not missing the biggest game of my life. I'm not missing it. If I wake up and I'm like, 'Oh man, it's a little sore,' it doesn't matter. Right when I get in that building, right when I put my feet on the ground, it's go time. Let's get this rehab going. Let's do everything I can to make sure that I'm ready and available to play, so that's kind of where my mind is."
Uzomah added that he's "feeling great" while working through rehab.
"It's been a grind," he said. "It's been a lot of early mornings, late nights of just rehabbing and fighting through some stuff. But I feel good. I feel really, really good."

https://www.nfl.com/news/bengals-te-c-j-uzomah-knee-injury-super-bowl-lvi-biggest-game-life
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: The good news is he was never a burner, one of the things he has done well is catch balls in tight windows as a checkdown. I think he can still provide that to us. I'd probably limit his reps in early running downs as I would be concerned how much power he could generate in run blocking. 

Good point, at least the tight window throws would still be there for Burrow if CJ is able to go.
Reply/Quote
Good news on Uzomah and hopefully his knee is feeling good. Could definitely use him on some screens and hopefully he can help out in the redzone.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 07:23 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Good news on Uzomah and hopefully his knee is feeling good. Could definitely use him on some screens and hopefully he can help out in the redzone.

That middle TE screen is a guaranteed first down nearly every time we have ever ran it.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
F'n chills!

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 02:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: GO BINGO!!!

[Image: latest?cb=20170910231605]

Tra-la-laaaa, la-la-la-laaaaa! 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 10:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: F'n chills!

A bunch of people on my Facebook page went and they're all posting that CJ did that and the crowd went NUTS!

I'm smiling right now and want to yell!
Reply/Quote
Yeah, they going to pee test him....
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 10:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: F'n chills!

SO AWESOME LMAO!!! Hilarious Rock On
Reply/Quote
Dude clearly has a limp. Could be the most badass or most idiotic thing he's done

Reply/Quote
I think you could safely say that even if CJ could never play another game the rest of his natural born life the Bengals could fire the entire cheer leading squad and hire him to replace them as team cheerleader..  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote