Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN refuses to retract its lie
 Gee I cant imagine why.

CNN thought it had President Trump caught in a potentially impeachable offense – lying about prior knowledge of the infamous Trump Tower meeting during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Obtained lie from anonymous source at the time which happened to be Lanny Davis...who said he “unintentionally misspoke” .
"Unintentionally misspoke"?... lol, good one Lanny.

Aside from the huge disappointment most you guys must have felt, what do you think about CNN's refusal to retract this fake news?

The https://www.aim.org/aim-column/cnn-retract-trump-tower/
(08-30-2018, 10:56 AM)Vlad Wrote:  Gee I cant imagine why.

CNN thought it had President Trump caught in a potentially impeachable offense – lying about prior knowledge of the infamous Trump Tower meeting during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Obtained lie from anonymous source at the time which happened to be Lanny Davis...who said he “unintentionally misspoke” .
"Unintentionally misspoke"?... lol, good one Lanny.

Aside from the huge disappointment most you guys must have felt, what do you think about CNN's refusal to retract this fake news?

The https://www.aim.org/aim-column/cnn-retract-trump-tower/

Because they said they had other sources too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I like how someone else saying something (potentially) false and a news agency reporting it becomes the news agency's lie. Logic doesn't exist for some people.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-30-2018, 11:04 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I like how someone else saying something (potentially) false and a news agency reporting it becomes the news agency's lie. Logic doesn't exist for some people.

Remember when Trump won the election and there was a debate on the board about whether news organizations should or should not call his lies lies?

Seems like a decade ago people wouldn't say they were lies because they didn't know his "intent".

Now news organizations are liars to his supporters...and the believe they do it intentionally.
(08-30-2018, 11:04 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I like how someone else saying something (potentially) false and a news agency reporting it becomes the news agency's lie. Logic doesn't exist for some people.

I'd call it irresponsible, to say the least.  Isn't it kind of their mission and duty to only report confirmed factual information?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-30-2018, 11:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd call it irresponsible, to say the least.  Isn't it kind of their mission and duty to only report confirmed factual information?

We actually don't know for certain if it isn't factual. We know one person said he misspoke when saying it, but if there were multiple sources then why would they retract? They would have sought multiple sources for that confirmation before reporting, and they did say sources, not a source, so it seems they are still in the clear.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-30-2018, 11:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd call it irresponsible, to say the least.  Isn't it kind of their mission and duty to only report confirmed factual information?

Sure, back when news programs had to be non-profit. Now, all that matters is ratings and money, period. I’m looking at you CNN, MSNBC and Fox. They are not registered as “news” outlets, but “entertainment” instead.

No kidding.

Thanks to Trump, I deal with it on a weekly basis now. Just this morning, an area VFW is having a fundraiser and whoever sent in the info sent in the price as half of what it was supposed to be. It was on their end. But when they call to see if we can run the correct amount (for free again)?

"Is this some of that fake news? You guys had the wrong prices."

Whatever

Typo incorrectly spelling someone's name? Fake news. 
Agency sends out bad info before press, doesn't correct until after printing? Fake news.
Politician lies, but is well liked? Fake news.

(08-30-2018, 11:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote:  Isn't it kind of their mission and duty to only report confirmed factual information?

Yep. That gets difficult when it's he said/she said. As the linked article notes, Cohen said he doesn't have any proof, just his word. It comes down to what you know weighed against giving everyone a chance to speak their side.

In this instance, what we know is: There is an ongoing investigation; people close to Trump have been named/convicted/pled guilty/cut deals as part of that investigation; Trump has lied about meetings and business involvements. That gets weighed against the sources (who I don't know who they were). And that's followed up by allowing both sides to tell their story. The sources say Trump was involved; Trump says he wasn't.

After that it's up to the reader to interpret. 
Does the OP call on Trump to retract his lies? Exactly....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22

Their mission is to make money for shareholders.  The news networks don't owe us the truth; they, like any successful business, give us what we want and/or will pay to see/hear.
(08-30-2018, 11:55 AM)jj22 Wrote: Does the OP call on Trump to retract his lies? Exactly....

Newspapers cant post lies about people as facts....
(08-30-2018, 11:55 AM)jj22 Wrote: Does the OP call on Trump to retract his lies? Exactly....

Nah Trump is just repeating what someone told him, so he's in the clear.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-30-2018, 12:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nah Trump is just repeating what someone told him, so he's in the clear.

If he was repeating something false someone told him, then that's not a lie. The person who told him that may be lying, but that's not Trump's lie.

There is weight behind saying someone is lying. This is a big conversation right now because of what is going on. It's why I'm not one of those that gets mad about media not saying Trump or administration officials are lying. Proving that they lied is difficult, if not impossible, to do.

(08-30-2018, 11:57 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Newspapers cant post lies about people as facts....

Show where CNN did that.

(08-30-2018, 12:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If he was repeating something false someone told him, then that's not a lie. The person who told him that may be lying, but that's not Trump's lie.

There is weight behind saying someone is lying. This is a big conversation right now because of what is going on. It's why I'm not one of those that gets mad about media not saying Trump or administration officials are lying. Proving that they lied is difficult, if not impossible, to do.

If you follow the changing story on Junior's meeting during the campaign you still wouldn't say Trump (and his minions) lied?  Repeatedly?
(08-30-2018, 12:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If he was repeating something false someone told him, then that's not a lie. The person who told him that may be lying, but that's not Trump's lie.

[Image: crowd_split_social_y.jpg]
(08-30-2018, 12:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: If you follow the changing story on Junior's meeting during the campaign you still wouldn't say Trump (and his minions) lied?  Repeatedly?

There are certain instances, and that is one of them, where I think calling it a lie is warranted. There is a general complaint about it, though, that I don't think is warranted.

They're just following the line of thinking Time followed when they refused to remove the cover picture of the girl getting separated from her mother, that was never separated from her mother or "kids in cages" that were taken during Obama's reign. Things like these give Trump legitimacy when he cries fake news.

Lots of folks wanted Lanny Davis to be their hero; oh how h let them down. But apparently there's another double secret source.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-30-2018, 04:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They're just following the line of thinking Time followed when they refused to remove the cover picture of the girl getting separated from her mother, that was never separated from her mother or "kids in cages" that were taken during Obama's reign. Things like these give Trump legitimacy when he cries fake news.

Lots of folks wanted Lanny Davis to be their hero; oh how h let them down. But apparently there's another double secret source.

Honestly, this is why I often don't pay attention to that kind of news. The only reason Cohen's implication of Trump in campaign finance violations caught my attention was because of it being made under oath in court and there is the audio evidence to back it up. I just don't rest my faith in these sorts of things.

(08-30-2018, 04:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They're just following the line of thinking Time followed when they refused to remove the cover picture of the girl getting separated from her mother, 

This cracks me up.

You are actually saying that no children were separated from their parents because they did not use the right picture.

Trump lovers will grasp at any straw.

"FAKE NEWS!!  NO CHILDREN WERE SEPERATED FROM THEIR PARENTS!!!  TIME MAGAZINE IS LYING!!!"