Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
CONTRACT FINALIZED!!!
Paul Dehner Jr posted the previous highest guaranteed contracts for the Bengals.

[Image: F5duVqtWoAAMCNG?format=jpg&name=900x900]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: About tree fiddy  Hilarious

He ain't the lock Ness monster chief!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Would have preferred longer than 5 years but I’m still super happy that it’s done.

Burrow is quite obviously a Bengal for life. Once he wins a few SB’s his legacy will be one of the best of all time. Maybe the best.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:37 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Burrow is quite obviously a Bengal for life. Once he wins a few SB’s his legacy will be one of the best of all time. Maybe the best.

Thankfully he didn’t force his way out of town like you wanted him to do.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:32 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, I’m reading information that still confuses me. I was just reading an article earlier this off-season by CBS sports that says Burrow’s fifth year option will be “irrelevant” as the Bengals will sign him to a new contract with traditional guarantees. I also remember someone talking about how they typically rip that option up and redo it when an extension happens. I could also just be misinterpreting these things though, but it’s hard to get information about this stuff. I do think the option is kept intact in some manner.

Yeah I don't have the best understanding of the cap and all the means teams use to manipulate the cap. But Goodberry specifically said an extension would be added on top of the 5th. He said all teams want to do that because it gives you x amount of years to get creative with the cap hit.
Reply/Quote
Btw… when he throws his first pick this year, I am going to say, “$275 million for that?”
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Spotrac has 7 years slotted out but no annual amounts yet.
Reply/Quote
Now let's trade him for a bunch of picks and get Caleb Williams Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:08 PM)Nepa Wrote: I'm reading that it's through 2029, which would be 7 seasons, and an average of $45 million/season for the 7 seasons ($316 millions for 7 seasons). Or about what Mahomes makes per season. This is a good deal for both sides. It sounds team friendly to me.

It’s 7 years with an average of $45M/year if you include the final season of his rookie contract and his 5th year option which were already in place plus the new 5 year extension which begins two seasons from now.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 4 real?

You've read this forum all off season and don't know what people expected. 

They expected some miracle contract where JB shared his money with the team so they could keep the band together.

As I said: It appears this deal coulda/shoulda been done the day after Herbert signed. 

Herbert's deal guaranteed 134 million. Burrow 219 million. That is a big difference. Burrow didn't sign a Herbert like contract.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Btw… when he throws his first pick this year, I am going to say, “$275 million for that?”

I'll say "give me $275 million and I can throw a pick"
Reply/Quote
With the cap rising due to the flood of money hitting the NFL, I don’t expect this contract to kill Tee’s deal nor Chases. But their mouths are watering like a bulldog watching the family eat prime rib.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:43 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Herbert's deal guaranteed 134 million. Burrow 219 million. That is a big difference. Burrow didn't sign a Herbert like contract.

Because he’s better than Herbert.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:43 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'll say "give me $275 million and I can throw a pick"

I mean we kind of have to don’t we?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:43 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Herbert's deal guaranteed 134 million.  Burrow 219 million.  That is a big difference.  Burrow didn't sign a Herbert like contract.

For Herbert, up to 218 can be guaranteed...according to my 5 seconds of googling
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It’s 7 years with an average of $45M/year if you include the final season of his rookie contract and his 5th year option which were already in place plus the new 5 year extension which begins two seasons from now.
That is not how you figure contracts. If it was you could say the same about other contracts like Herbert's It's not a 7 year contract.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Btw… when he throws his first pick this year, I am going to say, “$275 million for that?”

My favorite overused sportsfan thing to say is when a WR drops the ball and I go "I bet he doesn't drop his paycheck!"  That's still funny even now that direct deposit has pretty much made paychecks nonexistent...I assume.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:46 PM)basballguy Wrote: For Herbert, up to 218 can be guaranteed...according to my 5 seconds of googling
Only for an injury
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because he’s better than Herbert.

Jalen Hurst got 180 guaranteed. I believe Burrow is better than both but it's not like he's far superior to either, at least based on what they've done on the field so far. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:47 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: That is not how you figure contracts.  If it was you could say the same about other contracts like Herbert's  It's not a 7 year contract.

Yeah, I agree. If voiding the fifth year option isn't the norm, then essentially all extensions signed by a QB are team friendly if they are a first round QB. They typically judged on the extension value, not the overall value. 
Reply/Quote