Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
CONTRACT FINALIZED!!!
Jesus I don’t know what people expected. With Burrow the Bengals have a shot every year. Without Burrow they have no shot.

Edit: He was going to be the highest paid player because he’s the best player that signed this year. In a couple years it will look cheaper like Mahomes deal does.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:06 PM)GodFather Wrote: So what year exactly does it take him through? That part confuses me, does the 5th year option count so it would be a total of 7 years including this year or a 6 year total?

I'm reading that it's through 2029, which would be 7 seasons, and an average of $45 million/season for the 7 seasons ($316 millions for 7 seasons). Or about what Mahomes makes per season. This is a good deal for both sides. It sounds team friendly to me.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:06 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: No, option year is still there.  The extension will kick in after two more seasons

Good to hear. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
That’s a lot of cigars. They going to make him pay every meal out.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rep.

Bunch of Debbie Downer’s. There’s about 30 other franchises that would be absolutely ecstatic to have Burrow signed for 7 more years. Regardless who his WR’s are.

Franchise QB is way more important than a good WR2. That's just facts.
It sucks to have to spend that much, but that's the going rate nowadays.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rep.

Bunch of Debbie Downer’s. There’s about 30 other franchises that would be absolutely ecstatic to have Burrow signed for 7 more years. Regardless who his WR’s are.

I don't think anyone is unhappy or not pumped. But we clearly won't be able to keep both Tee and Chase. Burrow wanted a record setting deal, Chase already made it clear recently he wants a record setting deal, and Higgins I'm sure wants as much as he can make (as they all can/should). But them doing their talk about trying to keep weapons together and that nonsense was clearly...nonsense. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Franchise QB is way more important than a good WR2. That's just facts.
It sucks to have to spend that much, but that's the going rate nowadays.

Yep....
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I LOVE that we have Burrow set now. Just want to know the exact terms so that a better idea can be gleaned about keeping Tee and Chase.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Jesus I don’t know what people expected. With Burrow the Bengals have a shot every year. Without Burrow they have no shot.

4 real?

You've read this forum all off season and don't know what people expected. 

They expected some miracle contract where JB shared his money with the team so they could keep the band together.

As I said: It appears this deal coulda/shoulda been done the day after Herbert signed. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Great news! Glad it's over. Congrats Joey B. Now back to work.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
I just looked it up, option year is void. Burrows 5 year deal kicks in next year.
Reply/Quote
Seems fair to both parties. The Bengals probably wanted more years and a lower % guaranteed. Burrow's camp could've nickled and dimed for 60+ per annum at the risk of potentially waiting another year. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:01 PM)Nepa Wrote: Mahomes makes $45 million per year. If Burrow's contract is essentially 7 years for $316, as Goodberry is saying, then that is just about $45 million per year for  Burrow. Seems like if Mahomes contract is considered team friendly, then wouldn't Burrow's contract be considered team friendly?

I don’t think so, or every QBs deal would be team friendly. All strong QBs have their option picked up and are extended their third season, so their APT with extension plus remaining years lower the average. Right? If this would be considered team friendly, Herbert’s would also be team friendly, Lawrence’s will be team friendly etc.
Reply/Quote
Awesome news. It's a good time to be a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
If you’re not thrilled with this, slide your address into my DM so I can come to your house and fire off wet melted butter farts into your face.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
So how is Mike Florio going to stir the pot on this now?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 4 real?

You've read this forum all off season and don't know what people expected. 

They expected some miracle contract where JB shared his money with the team so they could keep the band together.

As I said: It appears this deal coulda/shoulda been done the day after Herbert signed. 

I thought maybe the structure could set up to help the team, but yeah the money was going to be paid.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Over the 7 years of this contract, it averages to $45 million per year. About 7 other QBs make over $45 million per year. The five-year extension is being banded about as record setting, and it is at $55 million per year, but the overall agreement for 7 years average to $45 million per year. I don't think we could have asked for more, as a fan. It is about as team friendly as one could expect.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: How about he may have gone with a lower than 100% guarantee so that the money the team had accumulated was enough to make escrow. 

So his "team friendly" deal now is not taking a 100% guaranteed contract? Is that the claim now? Demanding to be the highest paid player in the NFL at 55 million per and having 80% of your contract guaranteed is helping the team? Burrow did not help the team at all with this deal. He helped himself and limited what the team can do. Maybe Higgins will do the team a favor and sign an extension for 26 million per year with only 75% guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
Add Joe Pricey to the aliases.

We can analyze the contract to see if it was team friendly when it’s released. No one else did. And did mahomes really if he’s already renegotiating? That means we’d be renegotiating Burrows team friendly deal right when Chase is up and that would be a disaster.

Give up on the Tee contract and focus back on basic team building (not trying to pay 2 wr1’s).

If they sign tee it’ll be icing on the cake but Burrow was always the priority. Tee can be replaced. Burrow can’t.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote