Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
CONTRACT FINALIZED!!!
(09-07-2023, 09:51 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:
Atleast according to Goodberry this will make it a little over 45mil per year averaged out.

If Goodberry is right then all we need to still know is what the signing bonus is. Sounds like it does not completely cripple us for contracts. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:49 PM)TheFan Wrote: With this deal and if he wants anything close to Jefferson, he's gone. The only way we had a shot at keeping all 3 was if all 3 were willing to not push for market setting deals. Stinks players like Mahomes and Watt were willing to and they weren't but that's life. 

I might be missing something but both Mahomes’ and Watt’s deal made them the highest paid players at their respective positions. How did they not set the market?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:54 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Lol so Burrow wanted a 100 %  guarantee and out of the generosity of his own heart he only took an 80% guaranteed contract?  Wow what generosity.

How about he may have gone with a lower than 100% guarantee so that the money the team had accumulated was enough to make escrow. 
Reply/Quote
ok cap wizards, what's that leave Tee?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Glad it's done, but it appears to be pretty basic. Coulda done this the day after Herbert signed.

Exactly what I thought. Like what was so hard about that deal? Very weird it took so long. I feel like something doesn’t add up. But glad it’s done
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:28 PM)pally Wrote: $55 million per year...wow  not bad for a cheap franchise

This would make Burrow a Bengal through...2030, yes?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:55 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I might be missing something but both Mahomes’ and Watt’s deal made them the highest paid players at their respective positions. How did they not set the market?

Mahomes did a 10 year deal. So until he tries to get out of it early it's still a really good deal for the team. In regards to Watt:

"Watt overruled his agents, who believed they could get more money on Thursday, marching into the office of Steelers president Art Rooney II and telling him they had a deal"
Reply/Quote
Hope there's enough money left for other crucial players.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:58 PM)basballguy Wrote: ok cap wizards, what's that leave Tee?

About tree fiddy  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This would make Burrow a Bengal through...2030, yes?

Correct, assuming they pick up his 5th year option which there's no logical reason for why they wouldn't. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:49 PM)TheFan Wrote: With this deal and if he wants anything close to Jefferson, he's gone. The only way we had a shot at keeping all 3 was if all 3 were willing to not push for market setting deals. Stinks players like Mahomes and Watt were willing to and they weren't but that's life. 

They both had record setting deals I believe.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Would suck to lose Tee but are people really moaning about this?

Really? Really?

We’ve just extended our Super Bowl window for the next 7 years, do people not realise the doors this opens for the Brown family with chances of sponsorships and the like?

Burrow is one of the faces of the NFL and we’ve just tied up a big chunk of his career in Cincy.

Remember as bad as it would be to lose Tee we probably get a first in return and the one thing the front office have always been able to do is draft a star WR.

Be happy ffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:51 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:
Atleast according to Goodberry this will make it a little over 45mil per year averaged out.

Mahomes makes $45 million per year. If Burrow's contract is essentially 7 years for $316, as Goodberry is saying, then that is just about $45 million per year for  Burrow. Seems like if Mahomes contract is considered team friendly, then wouldn't Burrow's contract be considered team friendly?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This would make Burrow a Bengal through...2030, yes?

I "think" once a deal is done the Option year is void. So we get him this year on his rookie deal but the new contract kicks in next year, so he's here until 2029.

Guess I need to go ahead and get that jersey
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:01 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Would suck to lose Tee but are people really moaning about this?

Really? Really?

We’ve just extended our Super Bowl window for the next 7 years, do people not realise the doors this opens for the Brown family with chances of sponsorships and the like?

Burrow is one of the faces of the NFL and we’ve just tied up a big chunk of his career in Cincy.

Remember as bad as it would be to lose Tee we probably get a first in return and the one thing the front office have always been able to do is draft a star WR.

Be happy ffs.

Rep.

Bunch of Debbie Downer’s. There’s about 30 other franchises that would be absolutely ecstatic to have Burrow signed for 7 more years. Regardless who his WR’s are.

Reply/Quote
Beat the start of the season after all. Good to see. Now they can focus on managing the roster. Hoped for 7 years and maybe they did too and that was the hold up.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:01 PM)TheFan Wrote: Correct, assuming they pick up his 5th year option which there's no logical reason for why they wouldn't. 

They already exercised his 5th year option back in April.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
So what year exactly does it take him through? That part confuses me, does the 5th year option count so it would be a total of 7 years including this year or a 6 year total?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I "think" once a deal is done the Option year is void. So we get him this year on his rookie deal but the new contract licks in next year, so he's here until 2029.

Guess I need to go ahead and get that jersey

No, option year is still there. The extension will kick in after two more seasons
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:01 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Would suck to lose Tee but are people really moaning about this?

Really? Really?

Be happy ffs.

Only if we do a tag and trade which I'm not sure the Bengals have ever done. Definitely best case scenario though. 
Reply/Quote