Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
CONTRACT FINALIZED!!!
(09-07-2023, 09:38 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: “They’ll never be able to put the money in escrow”

Escrow bofa deez.

They opened up new sources of revenue like the stadium naming plus they were saving for it since 2021. Also Burrow probably agreed to a lower than 100% guarantee so that they would be able to meet escrow. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
219 guaranteed god DAMN BOY. O line protect this dude please
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I have to admit I want to see this contract analyzed. They're saying extension so that means the full cap hit does not happen for 2 years?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: They opened up new sources of revenue like the stadium naming plus they were saving for it since 2021. Also Burrow probably agreed to a lower than 100% guarantee so that they would be able to meet escrow. 

Not much lower
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:37 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Need to see the breakdown not a massive expert on American sports contracts but that makes keeping Higgins nigh on impossible with Chase going for a record breaking contract next year doesn’t it?

Over the moon it’s finally done deserves every penny he awoke a sleeping giant.

Now go win us a ring.

We can't afford Tee. I told everyone Burrow was not trying to keep everyone together and would get everything he possibly could. Like I said Burrows talk was just talk.
Reply/Quote
gonna need more than 5 years and herbert contract is laughable that it's so close.

where do we get money for tee
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: I have to admit I want to see this contract analyzed. They're saying extension so that means the full cap hit does not happen for 2 years?

I believe that is correct
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Good news. Probably a lot more depth to it than it looks atm but very good news.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: gonna need more than 5 years and herbert contract is laughable that it's so close.

where do we get money for tee

We don’t.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:39 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: There was an article today talking about how a Higgins deal isn’t expected anytime soon, and that he/his agent are waiting for Jefferson/Lamb to set the market. I personally don’t believe he will be here long term.

With this deal and if he wants anything close to Jefferson, he's gone. The only way we had a shot at keeping all 3 was if all 3 were willing to not push for market setting deals. Stinks players like Mahomes and Watt were willing to and they weren't but that's life. 
Reply/Quote
if its an extension maybe we have some money for tee for a short period of time, sounds like burrow is here at least 7 more years
Reply/Quote
honor to have Joe B and good job on the franchise for realizing it and getting it done
Reply/Quote

Atleast according to Goodberry this will make it a little over 45mil per year averaged out.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:35 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Should be 5 years on top of the 2 he has remaining. I imagine they will pick up his 5th year option first and really make it a 7 year deal.

Agree
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:46 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: We can't afford Tee.  I told everyone Burrow was not trying to keep everyone together and would get everything he possibly could.  Like I said Burrows talk was just talk.

Agreed. Seems like there was no thought in his mind about trying to keep the band together. 
Reply/Quote
So glad the deal is finally done! Happy to have Burrow at the helm for 7 more years! Now let’s go win a Super Bowl while we still have Tee
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:49 PM)TheFan Wrote: With this deal and if he wants anything close to Jefferson, he's gone. The only way we had a shot at keeping all 3 was if all 3 were willing to not push for market setting deals. Stinks players like Mahomes and Watt were willing to and they weren't but that's life. 

Wonder if they wanted to get both done but ran out time due to Higgins? Just a thought
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: They opened up new sources of revenue like the stadium naming plus they were saving for it since 2021. Also Burrow probably agreed to a lower than 100% guarantee so that they would be able to meet escrow. 

Lol so Burrow wanted a 100 % guarantee and out of the generosity of his own heart he only took an 80% guaranteed contract? Wow what generosity.
Reply/Quote
Hell Yeah!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote