Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CTB
This guy is a player.

No his coverage skills aren't super polished and there are communication lapses...but I can't help but be impressed with his physicality and his overall competitiveness.

The more reps he gets the more confidence he will get and the better he will be.

Super excited what I'm seeing from this dude.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I feel he can make a better slot corner, but cincy already has hilton

but yea, all heart and hustle. Tackling machine. Good attitude
Reply/Quote
I can see why he played some safety in college. He's got that hard hitting, physical mindset. I really like what he's shown so far.
Reply/Quote
Dude can become one of the best tackling CB’s in the league. If he improves his coverage (he will), look out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Yessir. Super pumped about CTB. He definitely isn’t polished but he’s extremely physical. Strong and aggressive with speed are good starting tools. He’s a fluid athlete just needs to work on and trust his technique in coverage. I don’t he he had to worry about that much at Nebraska, he was always just athletically superior to his competition. Same in high school here in Montgomery, he was just a playmaker.
I agree with the sentiment above regarding slot corner. But Hilton is among the best there. CTB is doing fine at boundary but j also think he could play safety. It’s nice to have him and Dax as Swiss army knifes for the future.
Reply/Quote
I have to admit, although I liked CTB a lot out of college, I thought he was a bit of a reach in Rd 2. I would have been ecstatic to get him in Rd 3, however. And took him there in many mocks.

I was more enamoured with Woolen & Marcus Jones as mid-round corners. Though Jones is more of a slot/returner guy who also played some WR.

Having said that, I have been very pleased with what I have seen with CTB. And, philosophically, the decision for us to draft a great tackling corner makes sense given our division (Baltimore, Pitt, Browns). We knew the coverage side eould need work and virtually all rookie corners are gonna have bumps in the road.
Reply/Quote
What about that punch out fumble on Henry...pure hustle...if we recovered the ball it would have been that much sweeter.
Reply/Quote
I see FS in his future.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see FS in his future.

Dax Hill?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:23 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Dax Hill?

Yep, it's why I didn't like drafting both, they seem like the same player. Some have countered this by stating CTB can play the boundary; well I haven't seen it so far. 

Now if we'd taken a pure CB like McCreary or Gordon in RG 1 I'd love the CTB pick. 

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, it's why I didn't like drafting both, they seem like the same player. Some have countered this by stating CTB can play the boundary; well I haven't seen it so far. 

Now if we'd taken a pure CB like McCreary or Gordon in RG 1 I'd love the CTB pick. 

Will have Awuzie back next year.  Could envision a pass rusher or WR taken early if Higgins cant be retained but a pure CB is always welcome.

Hard not to like CTB's physicality though.  He is one tough hombre and if Bell cant be re-signed he may have to play strong safety along with Dax.   

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, it's why I didn't like drafting both, they seem like the same player. Some have countered this by stating CTB can play the boundary; well I haven't seen it so far. 

Dax is more of a fs while I think CTB can play ss.

I see CTB as a nickel corner as well. Don’t think he’s an outside corner type of guy
Reply/Quote

He’s had exactly 5 starts, and was thrown into action coming off an injury where he missed half of training camp. And he’s improving every week. A couple of the plays he’s been beat on (the Marshall TD, the Burks deep ball) he’s actually been in perfect position the WR’s just made great catches.

Look at the learning curve with some of the CB’s on our own team. Apple was considered a total bust in NY, and wasn’t much better with the Saints. He’s finally carved out a nice role for himself here though.

Awuzie was also fairly mediocre in Dallas, and he’s ended up becoming one of the best shutdown guys in the league in his 5th season.

I have faith that Lou will develop CTB into a good CB.

Reply/Quote
Had him as a must draft player from the moment I did research on dbs. Glad it looks like he’s going to be pretty good.
Reply/Quote

What a game!

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:49 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote:
What a game!

Indeed.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s had exactly 5 starts, and was thrown into action coming off an injury where he missed half of training camp. And he’s improving every week. A couple of the plays he’s been beat on (the Marshall TD, the Burks deep ball) he’s actually been in perfect position the WR’s just made great catches.

Look at the learning curve with some of the CB’s on our own team. Apple was considered a total bust in NY, and wasn’t much better with the Saints. He’s finally carved out a nice role for himself here though.

Awuzie was also fairly mediocre in Dallas, and he’s ended up becoming one of the best shutdown guys in the league in his 5th season.

I have faith that Lou will develop CTB into a good CB.

Guess we'll see. Personally I see more Rod Woodson than Deon Sanders

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Will have Awuzie back next year.  Could envision a pass rusher or WR taken early if Higgins cant be retained but a pure CB is always welcome.

Hard not to like CTB's physicality though.  He is one tough hombre and if Bell cant be re-signed he may have to play strong safety along with Dax.   

No no no no no....... Vonn Bell must be retained at all costs. He's the heart of the defensive backfield. And his hit on JSS let the world know these aren't your daddy's Bengals.
Reply/Quote
He's getting there. Right now it is him getting the assignments internalized so he gets them right all the time and also not letting receivers get behind him. This is all learning stuff.
Reply/Quote
I believe it's a bit early to say what CTB is or isn't. He's a great athlete and strong tackler, to say the least. I've always heard CB is one of if not the hardest positions to transfer from college to pro and hit the ground running. He's done very well thus far in my opinion.

We'll have little better idea come the end of the season. For now Joe CTB
Reply/Quote