Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Camp updates, pictures?
Mike Petraglia
@Trags
Vonn Bell on D attitude change “Guys (have) bought in. … they don’t take it personal. … that’s the thing from last year, everything was personal, guys were pointing fingers.” #Bengals

Dunlap maybe? Or who knows, but the finger pointing is never good when righting a ship. Hopefully the page has turned (even if coaches remain).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 03:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Mike Petraglia
@Trags
Vonn Bell on D attitude change “Guys (have) bought in. … they don’t take it personal. … that’s the thing from last year, everything was personal, guys were pointing fingers.” #Bengals

Dunlap maybe? Or who knows, but the finger pointing is never good when righting a ship. Hopefully the page has turned (even if coaches remain).

I would guess Dunlap, Jackson and whoever else didn't want to be here anymore. It would seem everyone here now is here because they want to be.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/i/status/1422326076177588228
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Ben Baby tweeted Sam Hubbard is giving D'ante Smith his "Welcome to the NFL" day..... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 03:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Mike Petraglia
@Trags

Uzomah also had a quote alluding to the locker room issues last year... 

"It's not like I'm bashing on how it was. I'll say this, too, with everybody being in the locker room together again, that definitely helps because now we can just shoot the crap and do certain things. But it's a back and forth banter now as opposed to I'm going to say something and you're going to take it personal and then we're going to be, 'Can I talk to you, can I not talk to you?' How is it going to be at practice? Are you going to throw a punch? Are we going to get into a little scrap right now? What's up? Now I can kind of mess with Trey (Hendrickson) and be out there at practice and nothing is going to happen.
Reply/Quote
Defense is dominating again today from the updates I've seen.

Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
·
12m
#Bengals in pads today. That’s different. Not much else has changed from what we’ve seen. Another dominant day by the defense.

Absolutely nothing happening in the passing game. Trey Hendrickson with a pick of Burrow and only one completion of any note beyond 10 yards from him.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 05:48 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Defense is dominating again today from the updates I've seen.

Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
·
12m
#Bengals in pads today. That’s different. Not much else has changed from what we’ve seen. Another dominant day by the defense.

Absolutely nothing happening in the passing game. Trey Hendrickson with a pick of Burrow and only one completion of any note beyond 10 yards from him.

I’m not concerned but only one completion beyond 10 yards isn’t all the defense. That sounds like a combination of a defense playing well and an offense playing really, really poorly. Couple that with a pick by a DE? Yeah, that’s bad.

If they’re going to be that bad, I’d rather it be in TC. Not worried until I see it in the regular season.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 06:06 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m not concerned but only one completion beyond 10 yards isn’t all the defense. That sounds like a combination of a defense playing well and an offense playing really, really poorly. Couple that with a pick by a DE? Yeah, that’s bad.

If they’re going to be that bad, I’d rather it be in TC. Not worried until I see it in the regular season.

I'm not worried about the O right now either. A slower start for them is understandable for various reasons. 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 06:06 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m not concerned but only one completion beyond 10 yards isn’t all the defense. That sounds like a combination of a defense playing well and an offense playing really, really poorly. Couple that with a pick by a DE? Yeah, that’s bad.

What I infer from that, is that the OL is still shitty.

Why do I say that?  Because if they weren't dropping back to pass every down, the defense wouldn't have such an easy time knowing what is about to happen.  If they could run the ball, they would be doing so, in an effort to keep the defense honest and off balance.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 05:55 PM)pally Wrote:

Inject this straight into my veins.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 06:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What I infer from that, is that the OL is still shitty.

Why do I say that?  Because if they weren't dropping back to pass every down, the defense wouldn't have such an easy time knowing what is about to happen.  If they could run the ball, they would be doing so, in an effort to keep the defense honest and off balance.

except right now they are installing the offense so they run the play they are learning regardless of what play the defense may be working on.  What they would do in a game situation is not what they are doing right now.  

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Offense lack of explosion combined with last years inability is quite concerning. Seeing all these other QBs in camp nailing deep balls in camp 11 v 11 and we can’t seem to get more than 15 yards down field.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 06:58 PM)pally Wrote: except right now they are installing the offense so they run the play they are learning regardless of what play the defense may be working on.  What they would do in a game situation is not what they are doing right now.  

The way you explained the situation, it's seems quite complicated.  Seems like the offensive players are finding it complicated, as well..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 07:35 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Offense lack of explosion combined with last years inability is quite concerning. Seeing all these other QBs in camp nailing deep balls in camp 11 v 11 and we can’t seem to get more than 15 yards down field.

This is true but right now the O has a slew of things to work out. It starts with Burrow. He has to get back to being himself and that may take a bit. I think if the OL stays healthy there is a mix of them that will be decent but its early in camp still. WR's not getting separation is the most concerning thing to me at this point, especially after spending a top 5 pick on a downfield threat. Maybe our secondary is just leaps and bounds better, and there's nothing to worry about but I wasn't expecting to hear camp reports of WR's not being able to get open even on 7/7's. 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 07:53 PM)bengaloo Wrote: This is true but right now the O has a slew of things to work out. It starts with Burrow. He has to get back to being himself and that may take a bit. I think if the OL stays healthy there is a mix of them that will be decent but its early in camp still. WR's not getting separation is the most concerning thing to me at this point, especially after spending a top 5 pick on a downfield threat. Maybe our secondary is just leaps and bounds better, and there's nothing to worry about but I wasn't expecting to hear camp reports of WR's not being able to get open even on 7/7's. 

Are you sure that it's Burrow?  Couldn't be the shitty OL, now could it?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 05:48 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Defense is dominating again today from the updates I've seen.

Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
·
12m

How much longer until we're allowed to be officially worried about the offense? Not saying this all means a ton yet, but I don't love hearing daily updates about how awful the offense looks. The D should be better than it was last year, but it shouldn't be THAT good.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 08:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: How much longer until we're allowed to be officially worried about the offense? Not saying this all means a ton yet, but I don't love hearing daily updates about how awful the offense looks. The D should be better than it was last year, but it shouldn't be THAT good.

Why shouldn't the defense be really good?  They endured a ton of injuries last season, yet played their tails off in most games.  They haven't lost any critical pieces yet, so why can't they actually be good?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote