Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Camp updates, pictures?
(07-31-2021, 03:39 PM)pally Wrote:

Nice to see but I expected a good crowd, since only this and I think 2 dates you have a chance to see a practice. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dan Hoard@Dan_Hoard
Replying to
@Dan_Hoard
4. WR Trenton Irwin had a pretty TD grab (not pictured) and has made several catches a day so far. “He just gets open against everybody he goes against,” said offensive coordinator Brian Callahan. “I don’t think he’s in any way, shape, or form out of the mix to make our team.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/Trags/status/1420829013476618244?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1420834818288459781%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cincyjungle.com%2F2021%2F7%2F29%2F22600474%2Fbengals-training-camp-twitter-recap-joe-burrow-ja-marr-chase-deep-ball
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2021, 08:51 PM)Bengalsz06 Wrote: Dan Hoard@Dan_Hoard
Replying to
@Dan_Hoard
4. WR Trenton Irwin had a pretty TD grab (not pictured) and has made several catches a day so far. “He just gets open against everybody he goes against,” said offensive coordinator Brian Callahan. “I don’t think he’s in any way, shape, or form out of the mix to make our team.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/Trags/status/1420829013476618244?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1420834818288459781%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cincyjungle.com%2F2021%2F7%2F29%2F22600474%2Fbengals-training-camp-twitter-recap-joe-burrow-ja-marr-chase-deep-ball

I don't know about Trenton Irwin, but yesterday Trent Taylor absolutely put on a show.

Taylor makes the team as long as he's healthy. He made a SPECTACULAR play in the red zone drills for a TD. One handed grab out away from his body while running into the sideline, virtually blinded by the DB, and then dove it to the pylon in one motion before flying out of bounds. SPECTACULAR.

That dude makes it. There's absolutely no question about it.
Reply/Quote
I can't read too much into good or bad in training camp. The good is run in a vacuum and the bad is available for the players and coaches to fix before the season. Stay healthy is what I really want.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2021, 09:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's no secret that I've been a huge fan of the Mike Hilton acquisition.  

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/7/30/22588174/mike-hilton-can-be-bengals-x-factor-in-2021?utm_campaign=cincyjungle&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&fbclid=IwAR3RJdeERqGipw8es3VeMLIRbbVBAiXfz_VH5D25GwlvHzab057MppV4z_I

I especially like how JB3 has taken a liking to his idea and sees Hilton as another guy that will demand the best out of his teammates.  This could be the pairing of a secondary we haven't had for a while.  

And since I have been very hard on Waynes for zero contributions thus far (and a huge paycheck), I have to be fair and say he has looked good thus far in camp and is in shape and making plays.  
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2021, 03:50 PM)pally Wrote:

This is so cool.  Gives me chills to think what it will be like for him week 1 against the Vikings.  He has never played before a remotely occupied stadium in the pros!
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2021, 04:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 200.gif]

I pictured 5 coaches running and moving his helmet and yelling "Who put that threre!!!"...Burrow:  "Uh, I did coach...sorry"
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 10:38 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I don't know about Trenton Irwin, but yesterday Trent Taylor absolutely put on a show.

Taylor makes the team as long as he's healthy. He made a SPECTACULAR play in the red zone drills for a TD. One handed grab out away from his body while running into the sideline, virtually blinded by the DB, and then dove it to the pylon in one motion before flying out of bounds. SPECTACULAR.

That dude makes it. There's absolutely no question about it.

Absolutely.  He is also being groomed as a PR.  He is the backup slot WR, no doubt.  He provides quality depth as an inside WR, with a short shuttle as fast as that of Wes Welker.  He actually tested a lot like Welker, and could be a real steal. 

I think on game day, it goes:

Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Taylor, Tate
Reply/Quote
I see a lot of "separate" practice.. don't they practice in formation for most of the practice? Confused That seems like a lot of slacking IMO, kinda like playing backyard catch football.  No wonder there are almost just as many coaches as players.  Hmm Do the water boys have their coaches too?  Tongue

Get in formation and start getting used to playing together all they were u get to know instinctively how each other plays.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2021, 07:25 PM)pally Wrote:

Wow, the stadium looks more packed than regular season games a few years back lol

Nice throw and catch BTW. Burrow, Tee, Chase and Boyd will make some noise this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 01:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, the stadium looks more packed than regular season games a few years back lol

Nice throw and catch BTW. Burrow, Tee, Chase and Boyd will make some noise this year.

After re-watching that play a few times, I think it would get blown up or be a sack in real action.  No one is going with a 3 man rush that close to the end zone, and with only 3 men rushing the QB had to hold that ball for quite some time.

As to the latter comment, I saw where Boyd made a statement that he expects all three of them to haul in over 1000 yards this season.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 02:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: After re-watching that play a few times, I think it would get blown up or be a sack in real action.  No one is going with a 3 man rush that close to the end zone, and with only 3 men rushing the QB had to hold that ball for quite some time.

As to the latter comment, I saw where Boyd made a statement that he expects all three of them to haul in over 1000 yards this season.

Could be right it was a 4 step drop and teams would send the blitz in that situation most likely.

Boyd could be correct even if I hope it is Mixon and the RB's that have the big year as that means we are winning.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 01:54 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I see a lot of "separate" practice.. don't they practice in formation for most of the practice? Confused That seems like a lot of slacking IMO, kinda like playing backyard catch football.  No wonder there are almost just as many coaches as players.  Hmm Do the water boys have their coaches too?  Tongue

Get in formation and start getting used to playing together all they were u get to know instinctively how each other plays.

So...if they need to stop and slow it down to correct, say, someone on the line, you want the rest of the team standing around waiting on them to finish that?

That's the reason the break up into groups. Each group runs their responsibility for the same plays. The lengthy, in-depth corrections are made there. Then when they get together, they know the assignments and it only takes minor tweaks/instructions. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 02:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be right it was a 4 step drop and teams would send the blitz in that situation most likely.

Boyd could be correct even if I hope it is Mixon and the RB's that have the big year as that means we are winning.

Not possible homie. Steps are 3,5,7 and in the old days sometimes 9. QBs always step with their plant foot first and land on their plant foot at the top of the drop. ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 02:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be right it was a 4 step drop and teams would send the blitz in that situation most likely.

I want all of those things to be correct, as that would mean it is a pick your poison scenario and we can get the job done any way we please!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 02:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: After re-watching that play a few times, I think it would get blown up or be a sack in real action.  No one is going with a 3 man rush that close to the end zone, and with only 3 men rushing the QB had to hold that ball for quite some time.

Are you talking about the red zone TD to Higgins? There were four men rushing.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 02:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not possible homie. Steps are 3,5,7 and in the old days sometimes 9. QBs always step with their plant foot first and land on their plant foot at the top of the drop. ThumbsUp

May bad, 5 step drop.  ThumbsUp

(08-01-2021, 02:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I want all of those things to be correct, as that would mean it is a pick your poison scenario and we can get the job done any way we please!

Yep, if the OL and Mixon have a great year we could go places. Helps out everything.
Reply/Quote
Be leery of the camp hype.

Seems like the script has been produced before and the results not translating.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 10:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: Be leery of the camp hype.

Seems like the script has been produced before and the results not translating.

Live in a world of pessimism if you want  Ninja , me now is the only time of the year we are tied for first place.

I can be optimistic and handle disappointment. It is a game and not a life and death situation. I am not naïve and know the Bengal history quite well.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote