Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can We Win Out???
(11-27-2022, 10:18 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I'd put it at  5 - 8 %   chance of winning out.   So, I'm saying there's a chance...

I think next weekend we will know a lot. I think Mahommes is gonna come in with a chip on his shoulder which is a scary proposition. We'll also get to see what a Watson led browns team looks like. 
Reply/Quote
I'm a troll? Not hardly. I call it as I see it. And some posters here do get all gushy after a single win just like the writers that cover the team. Offense did this and defense did that only to lose the next game they should have won. My guess of 3-3 or 4-2 should be pretty accurate. I'd love to eat crow with Mayo on it though. See, after watching the Bengals for 50+ years and being disappointed every fall I know their patterns. I would enjoy nothing more than to see Mike Brown, Zac and Joe B hoist the trophy. It would truly be tears of joy for everyone.ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 09:36 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Six games remaining- 4 at Home and 2 on the Road.  

Let's face it, championship teams should win at home down the stretch. I know KC and Buffalo are tough but they come to our building. Our road games looked pretty formidable at the beginning of the season; now, not so much.  The Bucs and Pats are pretty damn pedestrian. Those are games we SHOULD have a real shot to win.  Win the remaining home games and beat two mediocre teams on the road and you finish 13-4. One slip up by the Chiefs (in addition to next week) and you get the #1 seed as well.

I know it's not likely, and I doubt it happens,  but it is well within the realm of possibility for a team that has championship aspirations.

From your perspective,  what are the odds that we win out in the regular season???

With the teams left on the schedule, winning out is the last thing on my mind. Taking 1 of the KC/Buff games, beating the Browns, winning one of the TB/NE games and then the Ravens at home gives them 11 wins. 

I'll happily take more but that's what i'm shooting for. Anything else is gravy. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Come on RegularGuy. Just, come on man...

The only team's that scare me the rest of the way are the Browns because they have beat us lately with everything going 
right for them and everything going wrong for us and the Bills because we simply haven't played them yet. We should beat
the Chiefs this weekend as we have Mahomes number and the Ravens because we are just the better team.

Our OL is coming around at the perfect time and Chase will be back soon. Look out NFL, we could certainly win out.

People get all bent out of shape after a big win, just like a bad loss. What are the odds of winning out? Very slim. It's not really even remotely likely enough to talk about, seriously. 

Just jacking around? Sure, they could win out. They could also go 3-3. NFL, week to week, is fluid. This week doesn't matter for next week. 

And one more thing. You wanna know the last time the Bengals won 9 games in a row?

Never. 

Sorry. These types of conversations really snap my brain in half. I should just learn to ignore them...    Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The board is a funny place. When we lose, it's like we'll never win again.

When we win, it's like we'll go undefeated.

Football is all about matchups. We matchup we'll with Tenn.

The Browns for instance beat us bad...and have Watson returning.

(11-27-2022, 10:09 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: You guys always do this. After a win everybody gets all gushy and thinks we will stomp anyone. 3-3 or 4-2 will be a success and wherever that puts them as far as a playoff spot so be it. KC looks like they are playing angry football now.

QFT

Reply/Quote
Not likely... just need 3 Wins to get in.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:22 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think next weekend we will know a lot. I think Mahommes is gonna come in with a chip on his shoulder which is a scary proposition. We'll also get to see what a Watson led browns team looks like. 

If we decisively put away the Chiefs next week, I'd say all bets are off. We may clean house the rest of the way.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I don’t want to win out. I want a week 18 2nd string tupe of game. Because we’re already 1 seed!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I think 4-2 is realistic. However there’s several things that could make it possible. Of course the rapidly improving OL, the return of Chase and Mixon, and Lou Aranumo defensive packages designed for Allen and Mahomes. I’d expect there will be wrinkles we’ve not seen.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:29 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I'm a troll? Not hardly. I call it as I see it. And some posters here do get all gushy after a single win just like the writers that cover the team. Offense did this and defense did that only to lose the next game they should have won. My guess of 3-3 or 4-2 should be pretty accurate. I'd love to eat crow with Mayo on it though. See, after watching the Bengals for 50+ years and being disappointed every fall I know their patterns. I would enjoy nothing more than to see Mike Brown, Zac  and Joe B hoist the trophy. It would truly be tears of joy for everyone.ThumbsUp

In general, people should really stop saying that because too many of them need glasses...

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:39 PM)Science Friction Wrote: If we decisively put away the Chiefs next week, I'd say all bets are off. We may clean house the rest of the way.

And if the Chiefs win next week, the sky is falling and Cleveland is a "must win". 

A must win, one week after talk of running the table. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76117787f4506bc22f95bd...y.gif&ct=g]

I just wish people would stop being so insanely Sybil. 

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:39 PM)Science Friction Wrote: If we decisively put away the Chiefs next week, I'd say all bets are off. We may clean house the rest of the way.

Yeah I fully expect the Chiefs to come in wanting to make a statement. So if we handle our business in that game then we very well may.
Reply/Quote
Anything is possible but it would be difficult.

KC - Win
Browns - Toss up
Bucs - Win
Patriots - Loss
Bills - Win
Ravens - Win

Going with 4-2 or 5-1

Just want to go undefeated in the Playoffs.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:41 PM)SladeX Wrote: I don’t want to win out. I want a week 18 2nd string tupe of game. Because we’re already 1 seed!

I feel ya, but that will be damn near impossible with the Ravens being our final game. We'd have to have a 2-game lead on them
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 09:36 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Six games remaining- 4 at Home and 2 on the Road.

Let's face it, championship teams should win at home down the stretch. I know KC and Buffalo are tough but they come to our building. Our road games looked pretty formidable at the beginning of the season; now, not so much. The Bucs and Pats are pretty damn pedestrian. Those are games we SHOULD have a real shot to win. Win the remaining home games and beat two mediocre teams on the road and you finish 13-4. One slip up by the Chiefs (in addition to next week) and you get the #1 seed as well.

I know it's not likely, and I doubt it happens, but it is well within the realm of possibility for a team that has championship aspirations.

From your perspective, what are the odds that we win out in the regular season???

Considering most of the games are 50/50 (being generous) from here on out the odds are about 1.5% of going undefeated.

In my opinion best case scenario is 4-2… or 11-6 on the year.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Anything is possible but it would be difficult.

KC - Win
Browns - Toss up
Bucs - Win
Patriots - Loss
Bills - Win
Ravens - Win

Going with 4-2 or 5-1

Just want to go undefeated in the Playoffs.

KC - 50/50
Browns - 60/40
Bucs - 50/50 (goat player)
Pats - 50/50 (goat coach)
Bills - 40/60
Ravens - 60/40

4-2 feels realistic, if not a bit stretchy.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:37 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: KC - 50/50
Browns - 60/40
Bucs - 50/50 (goat player)
Pats - 50/50 (goat coach)
Bills - 40/60
Ravens - 60/40

4-2 feels realistic, if not a bit stretchy.

So, mathematically, 1.8% we win out .
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 09:36 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Six games remaining- 4 at Home and 2 on the Road.  

Let's face it, championship teams should win at home down the stretch. I know KC and Buffalo are tough but they come to our building. Our road games looked pretty formidable at the beginning of the season; now, not so much.  The Bucs and Pats are pretty damn pedestrian. Those are games we SHOULD have a real shot to win.  Win the remaining home games and beat two mediocre teams on the road and you finish 13-4. One slip up by the Chiefs (in addition to next week) and you get the #1 seed as well.

I know it's not likely, and I doubt it happens,  but it is well within the realm of possibility for a team that has championship aspirations.

From your perspective,  what are the odds that we win out in the regular season???

Is this a serious question? NO. It’s the NFL not the ACC. So many issues outweighed by incredible and sometimes deceptive talent, crippled by bad coaching. You cannot win out.

But playoffs? Second round? Abso-frickin-lutely. The only thing I’m bummed about is I have not changed my mind (not that anyone cares or should care) about ZT. IMO that no one should take seriously, a losing season or two would at least get the Bengals a good head coach next time through. 

Good CEO type Head Coach or an X’s and O’s guy, dude you guys are literally unstoppable.  
Reply/Quote
Next to no chance we win out. Our schedule is absolutely brutal (though better than it looked a few weeks ago) and teams generally don't just run the table even if they're great. There's scope for all of our remaining games to be ones which go down to the wire, so it would be no surprise nor fault if we drop one.

Like a lot are saying 4-2 seems a very reasonable and realistic record to aim for in the remaining 6. That would definitely get us into the playoffs as well.

If we do win out though... jesus what a scary playoff team we'd be.
Reply/Quote
No we won’t but we’re in for a hell of a ride again.
Reply/Quote