Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can We Win Out???
(12-07-2022, 01:28 PM)Big Boss Wrote: 4-1 would be gravy.

Can't go worse than 3-2.  

11-6 at worst and I think they still squeeze into the playoffs as a wild card.  But going through the entire playoffs as an away team sounds rough.

With tie breakers over Miami and the Jets all they need is 10 wins and they are in.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
If we win out through the end of the regular season, that means we went on a 9-0 run. I don't see losing to Cleveland again, and Brady's Bucs are just not that good right now. The toughest game left on the schedule is Buffalo. At least during that week we get Bills Mafia in the "Threads from the Enemy," and it becomes "Threads from the Frienemy"
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals can get pass the Browns, then there is no doubt they can win out. I do not think KC loses another but I hope they do. I don't think it matters to the Bengal team where they play however.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would prefer not to meet KC in the playoffs this year. Beating them 4 times in a row is not good odds.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 09:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I would prefer not to meet KC in the playoffs this year. Beating them 4 times in a row is not good odds.

Agree. Especially if we have to play them in Thom Brennaman's least favorite city.

Anyone but them again. Four in a row over Mahome boy would be a big ask.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is huge... Shocked

.....and Lamar is out up to three weeks. If we can win a couple here, there is a good chance we gain on the Ravens in the standings and maybe even pass them.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 09:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Bengals can get pass the Browns, then there is no doubt they can win out.  I do not think KC loses another but I hope they do.  I don't think it matters to the Bengal team where they play however.

Unfortunately three of the Chiefs final five games are X2 vs Broncos, and Texans. So basically easy W's barring some miracle. But, they do have the Seahawks and one vs Raiders left. And finally the Raiders have been playing better. So... we have two possible loses for them?

But I'm with you on the Browns. If we can get past this weird losing streak to them winning out isn't that big a reach. The Bucs and Patriots are both on the road but neither team is that great.

The Bills of course is our biggest remaining hurdle. It's just hard to say at this point what final game vs. Ravens will be?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 11:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....and Lamar is out up to three weeks. If we can win a couple here, there is a good chance we gain on the Ravens in the standings and maybe even pass them.

Fun fact - The only full season Lamar Jackson played was his rookie season, but he only started 7 games that season.
He's had a winning record every season though.
So he's uber-critical for the Ravens success.

Jackson being constantly dinged up (partially due to his playing style) is a big reason their team has arguably underachieved.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 02:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: With tie breakers over Miami and the Jets all they need is 10 wins and they are in.

That's assuming the Dolphins and Jets only win 10.

Plus if they only win 10, they suddenly have to start worrying about the Pats and the Chargers finishing 4-1. (Chargers finish the season with Dolphins, Titans, Colts, Rams, Broncos, which isn't a tough way to get 4 wins at all.)

Don't bank on 10 being enough.

(12-08-2022, 11:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Fun fact - The only full season Lamar Jackson played was his rookie season, but he only started 7 games that season.

Jackson being constantly dinged up (partially due to his playing style) is a big reason their team has arguably underachieved.

That and him being absolutely terrible as a passer in the playoffs.

55.9% Completion
225 yards (6.6 YPA)
3 TD/5 INT
68.3 QB Rating

Good luck to any team that gives him $200m guaranteed.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 11:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....and Lamar is out up to three weeks. If we can win a couple here, there is a good chance we gain on the Ravens in the standings and maybe even pass them.

Yeah, the problem is Huntley is "Lamar Light", and they don't drop off much when he comes in because he has the same attributes and playing style as Jackson.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 11:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Jackson being constantly dinged up (partially due to his playing style) is a big reason their team has arguably underachieved.

This is why I really hope Baltimore pays Jackson what he wants. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 12:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's assuming the Dolphins and Jets only win 10.

Plus if they only win 10, they suddenly have to start worrying about the Pats and the Chargers finishing 4-1. (Chargers finish the season with Dolphins, Titans, Colts, Rams, Broncos, which isn't a tough way to get 4 wins at all.)

Don't bank on 10 being enough.

That and him being absolutely terrible as a passer in the playoffs.

55.9% Completion
225 yards (6.6 YPA)
3 TD/5 INT
68.3 QB Rating

Good luck to any team that gives him $200m guaranteed.

He's not really even a big passer in the regular season.
Most yards he's ever had in a season was 3127. He needs his rushing to make him a truly good QB.

As for the Jets and Dolphins winning more than 10, I highly doubt all of the Jets, Dolphins, Bills, and Pats will given they have to play each other a lot in these remaining games.
The Chargers also have to play the Dolphins and Titans, so they're likely getting another loss or two.

It's ok if two or even three of the AFC East teams getting 10+ wins, as there are three WC teams.
The teams in the hunt right now would have to win 4+ of their remaining 5 to get to 10 wins, which is unlikely to happen. And if one of them do, that likely would mean the Jets and/or Dolphins would have lost a couple, putting them at 10 or less wins.
So I agree with Weezy that 10 wins gets in the playoffs due to tiebreakers.
But with only being a tiebreaker behind the Ravens for the division, may as well take the division :)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If this OL continues to improve,and stays healthy,sure we can win out.With a much improved OL,and a good,consistent running game,with Joe Burrow at QB,this team is going to be hard to stop going forward into the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 11:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Fun fact - The only full season Lamar Jackson played was his rookie season, but he only started 7 games that season.

Wow, I knew he was dinged up here and there, but never realized how often. 

(12-08-2022, 12:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, the problem is Huntley is "Lamar Light", and they don't drop off much when he comes in because he has the same attributes and playing style as Jackson.

That's true. Smart of them to get a guy like that as the backup, plug and play. Huntley isn't a bad player either. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
2 Down...

4 To Go !!!!
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
3 down.....3 to go!!
Reply/Quote
Yup...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 09:52 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: 0.00   C'mon, get real. I know you know better than to think they can finish 6-0. The Browns own them so far and you've heard of the Bills, Chiefs, Ravens? If they split at 3-3 possibly 4-2 I would say that either would be a success.

This is not aging well. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don't see it happening. Please Bengals, I'm starving for some crow.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 10:09 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: 3 down.....3 to go!!

Yessir!!!!

If we beats the Pats in Foxboro, I believe we do it.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote