Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can We Win Out???
(12-22-2022, 10:19 PM)jeremydc Wrote: I don't see it happening. Please Bengals,  I'm starving for some crow.

Who do you think knock us off?   I believe we win our home games. If we survive Belicheat, I think we do it.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I really think we can win out and win the Super Bowl this year. This team doesn't have any real weaknesses IMO. We have a stout running game, the best WR trio in the league, arguably the best QB in the league, and an OL that has improved over the year into a very solid unit. Defensively we're arguably the best second half defense in the league. I don't see ANY team running up the score on our defense. People say we don't have any "big" names on the defensive side of the ball, and that's crazy to me. We have a very well-balanced team that can beat people multiple different ways. Last year we had the mojo with a huge glaring issue in the OL. This year we have the same mojo with a MUCH-improved OL. If we can keep the core of this team together, I expect to at least be in the AFCCG almost every year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 10:35 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Who do you think knock us off?   I believe we win our home games. If we survive Belicheat, I think we do it.

Buffalo or Baltimore could easily win.  It all depends on what's left to play for.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is not aging well. 

LOL,,, I still don't think they win 3 more. I would like nothing more then to have my crow plate with a little mayo and sauce.  Wink  I'm enjoying it as you guys are. Actually it's harder getting to the playoffs, winning and advancing to the SB then it is to win the SB.  Watching these last three, KC, Browns, and Bucs and watching the clock tick down, Bengals have the lead and the ball and get another 1st down, other team can't stop the clock,, my heart thumps with satisfaction and excitement and I have to walk away and breath deep... Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 11:21 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: LOL,,, I still don't think they win 3 more. I would like nothing more then to have my crow plate with a little mayo and sauce.  Wink  I'm enjoying it as you guys are. Actually it's harder getting to the playoffs, winning and advancing to the SB then it is to win the SB.  Watching these last three, KC, Browns, and Bucs and watching the clock tick down, Bengals have the lead and the ball and get another 1st down, other team can't stop the clock,, my heart thumps with satisfaction and excitement and I have to walk away and breath deep... Wink

Bengals are likely Vegas favorites the last three games. It’s really not out of the question.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 11:12 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Buffalo or Baltimore could easily win.  It all depends on what's left to play for.

Buffalo, maybe. No way on Ravens.

1) AFCN on the line, bengals are not losing at home.
2) that ravens team is SO depleted. Sammy Watkins is their WR1, who was just cut by packers. Even before the Lamar injury they were struggling big time.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 12:06 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Buffalo, maybe. No way on Ravens.

2) that ravens team is SO depleted. Sammy Watkins is their WR1, who was just cut by packers. Even before the Lamar injury they were struggling big time.

If we are healthy I agree. But if the Ravens need the game for the playoffs they’ll be tough.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I'm torn a little... I really do not like the Bengals going into the playoffs on a 9 game winning streak if we had the #1 seed I don't think I'd care.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 12:11 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If we are healthy I agree. But if the Ravens need the game for the playoffs they’ll be tough.

They will be a WC team at worst.

And if the bengals need that game for the AFC north, I like the bengals chances.

I could see the north being decided before week 18. The ravens managed just 3 points on the browns. Who knows how long Lamar will be out.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 12:14 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: They will be a WC team at worst.

And if the bengals need that game for the AFC north, I like the bengals chances.

I could see the north being decided before week 18.  The ravens managed just 3 points on the browns. Who knows how long Lamar will be out.

At worst?

Contenders: Chargers, Miami, Titans, Jags - Dolphins and Jags have the tiebreaker over the Ravens...

Ravens 9-5
No Lamar vs Falcons
Pitt had them beat without 3 redzone interceptions
Finish with us.

Games remaining:
Chargers 8-6 - Colts, Rams, Broncos
Dolphins 8-6 - Packers, Patriots, Jets
Titans 7-7 - Texans, Cowboys, Jaguars
Jags 7-8 - Texans, Titans

All this said, I'd prefer the Ravens over the Dolphins or Chargers.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 02:01 AM)casear2727 Wrote: At worst?

Contenders: Chargers, Miami, Titans, Jags - Dolphins and Jags have the tiebreaker over the Ravens...

Ravens 9-5
No Lamar vs Falcons
Finish with us.

Games remaining:

They currently have a 98% chance of playoffs. I can’t figure out the simulation for them to miss, not on my phone easily.

I guess jags and titans (with Willis) would both have to get in?

It would take a lot for them to miss.

I figured it out. For the ravens to miss:

Ravens lose out. (Possible)
AND Jags beat Texans and lose to titans (possible)
AND Titans win out (highly unlikely)
AND Patriots win out (highly unlikely)
AND Dolphins beat the packers, lose the patriots and beat jets.
AND Chargers go at least 2-1

Your division winners are (in no order)
Chiefs, bills, bengals, titans

Wild cards are (in no order)
Dolphins, patriots and chargers

Edit- if the chargers go 1-2 AND the raiders go 3-0, the raiders get in over the chargers.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 02:01 AM)casear2727 Wrote: At worst?

Ravens 9-5
No Lamar vs Falcons
Finish with us.

Games remaining:

The Titans feel like they are going to go 1-2 at best to finish the season. Willis does not have it this year. They may even lose to a much more competitive Texans team this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 12:06 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Buffalo, maybe.  No way on Ravens.

2) that ravens team is SO depleted.  Sammy Watkins is their WR1, who was just cut by packers.  Even before the Lamar injury they were struggling big time.

BINGO !   Ravens aren't winning in Cinci if the division is on the line. If all of our guys play, the Ravens won't win here.  As I've said previously, if we beat NE, I think we win out.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 05:37 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: The Titans feel like they are going to go 1-2 at best to finish the season. Willis does not have it this year. They may even lose to a much more competitive Texans team this year.

Yep. I honestly feel like chargers and dolphins are the only teams in WC race that could pose a competitive game.
Reply/Quote
Can’t believe these posts conveying the Bills are not that big of a concern.

At their best and ours as well - it’s a matchup akin to the KC-Cincy rivalry IMHO.

The Bills are very good and a complete team.
Also - just like us, “better than their record”.

Bengals
Bills
KC

All great
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 11:21 AM)Whacked Wrote: Can’t believe these posts conveying the Bills are not that big of a concern.

At their best and ours as well - it’s a matchup akin to the KC-Cincy rivalry IMHO.

Bengals
Bills
KC

All great

Oh the Bills game is a tossup depending on our health
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 05:37 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: The Titans feel like they are going to go 1-2 at best to finish the season. Willis does not have it this year. They may even lose to a much more competitive Texans team this year.

I think it will be difficult for the loser of the Jags/Titans game to make the POs. 

If the Jags lose it, they cannot catch Baltimore. If the Titans lose the best they can do is 9-8. With no Tannehill, I doubt they go 2-1. Though in a 9-8 scenario, they would have a better Conf. record than Baltimore. 

Once you eliminate the South runner up, then one of NYJ, NE, LV, CLE, PITT has to win out, & the Ravens loose out, fir them not to make it. Not impossible, but not likely either.  

I'd bet on the Chargers & Dolphins for 5 & 6 & the Ravens 7th. 
Reply/Quote
4 down....2 to go!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:47 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: 4 down....2 to go!!!

YESSIR!!!!!
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 11:21 AM)Whacked Wrote: Can’t believe these posts conveying the Bills are not that big of a concern.

Bengals
Bills
KC

All great

Allen to Diggs is a concern.  

The Bengals secondary has let guys get behind them and been lucky to come away relatively unscathed.  If CTB is on Diggs, it might be lights out.  CTB is a good player, but Idk if he's ready for the second best deep threat in the league just yet.  

The Bengals need to be ready to win a shootout in that game.  Fortunately, they are very capable of it.
Reply/Quote