Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can We Win Out???
(11-27-2022, 09:36 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Six games remaining- 4 at Home and 2 on the Road.  

Let's face it, championship teams should win at home down the stretch. I know KC and Buffalo are tough but they come to our building. Our road games looked pretty formidable at the beginning of the season; now, not so much.  The Bucs and Pats are pretty damn pedestrian. Those are games we SHOULD have a real shot to win.  Win the remaining home games and beat two mediocre teams on the road and you finish 13-4. One slip up by the Chiefs (in addition to next week) and you get the #1 seed as well.

I know it's not likely, and I doubt it happens,  but it is well within the realm of possibility for a team that has championship aspirations.

From your perspective,  what are the odds that we win out in the regular season???

Allright.  I haven't shared this with anyone, but here is why I think they do win out and win it all:

Long story, I will try to keep it short:

When I walk my lab (mind you, I am on my second lab over the 24 years I have lived in this house) around the neighborhood, I use Kroger grocery bags to pick up his poop.  (Stick with me).  I usually triple bag it and there is a trash can at the park that I take a "shot" at underhanding the poop bag in the trash can.  It has a tiny round opening, but six inches across.  I am guessing it is to prevent animals from getting in it.  

I take the shot from about 20 yards away.  Yes, hitting the shot would be one in a million.  I would usually say something like:  "If this goes in, Bengals beat the steelers tomorrow", and it almost never goes in.  The first one I ever hit was in 2003.  The Ohio State Buckeyes were two TD underdogs and, while I am a Buckeye Fan, they aren't even in the same universe as my love for the Bengals.  It has always been that way.  Well, I said "If I make this, Ohio State will beat Miami and end that program!".  Boom!  It went right in.  I danced around and my dog thought I was having a seizure.  Sure enough, they won.  I also put a couple hundo on the Buckeyes to win outright.  Paid over a grand. 

The second time I made the incredible poop shot was last year.  I said "If I make this, the Bengals are going to the Super Bowl".  Boom!  Danced like crazy.  After the game, I realized I had only said "make the Super Bowl".  Yes, you can all hate me now.

Three weeks ago, after the demoralizing Browns loss, I said "If I make this, the Bengals are going to win all the rest of their games and WIN the Super Bowl".  BOOM!!!  Right in.  

I find it amazing I made it twice in roughly one year after missing so many times over the 24 years I have lived here (although, to be fair, my first lab lived to be 12 and my current lab is just 8, so it was 20 years.  If you saw the shot, you might understand.  I have hit way more full court basketball shots than this shot.  

This is going to sound really insensitive, but my mom passed a few months back and now I take care of my dad, pretty much daily.  He's a great man, and I love being there for him.  I know my mom was worried about how dad would pay the bills, do laundry, clean, etc.  I told her that she didn't have to worry about a thing, and I would take care of him.  (She was just 80, and dad is 90 and she did basically everything except mow the lawn).  Before she passed, I showed her how I enrolled all their bills in autopay, organized all his investments, tax info, etc.  It made her very happy.  I'm getting a little emotional now, so forgive me.  She would always hug me, tear up, and say "Oh, Steven...".  She didn't have to say anything else.  I knew she was in a lot of pain (didn't like the way the pain meds made her feel) and to give her a little peace at the end made me very happy.  

I could always make my mom laugh, and I thought it was often the best medicine.  She was in a hospital bed and I had moved my smart TV to their house in her bedroom so she could watch any movie or series (she loved Ted Lasso) and her favorite actress is Melissa Mccarthey, and mom watched "Bridesmaids" and laughed a lot three days before she passed.  Mom was giving me a hug as I was heading home for the night and she said "I'm so grateful" and I stopped her and told her that I was the one who should be grateful for having her as my mom.  She teared up (we did this a lot the final few weeks) and, trying to make her laugh, I said "There is one favor I will ask of you".  She looked at me and my wry smile and she said "If there is a way I can help the Bengals win it all, I will".  

So, in a nutshell, this is why the Bengals will win out and win the Super Bowl.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Come on RegularGuy. Just, come on man...

The only team's that scare me the rest of the way are the Browns because they have beat us lately with everything going 
right for them and everything going wrong for us and the Bills because we simply haven't played them yet. We should beat
the Chiefs this weekend as we have Mahomes number and the Ravens because we are just the better team.

Our OL is coming around at the perfect time and Chase will be back soon. Look out NFL, we could certainly win out.

Dead on, Nate.  And perhaps most importantly, I think this TEAM believes they can.  
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The board is a funny place. When we lose, it's like we'll never win again.

When we win, it's like we'll go undefeated.

Football is all about matchups. We matchup we'll with Tenn.

The Browns for instance beat us bad...and have Watson returning.

The Browns beat the Bengals the first game without Chido and Chase.  Watson returning?  He hasn't played a down in nearly three years.  I HOPE he is the one playing.  

Burrow and the coaches have adapted and shown that they can beat you any number of ways.  The offensive line is playing its best ball by far.  (NINE SACKS LAST YEAR, ONE YESTERDAY).  Oh, and they will be getting the best WR in the league back for the stretch run.  
Reply/Quote
1 Down ....

5 To Go ....

13-4 ... Gotta Believe!!!
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
With the poop bag and Momma on our side, I like our chances.

Oh and Joe Burrow on the team doesn't hurt things either.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I still say no because I'm realistic.... just need 2 more IMO to make the playoffs.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 12:19 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I still say no because I'm realistic.... just need 2 more IMO to make the playoffs.

Is it not realistic that we win three home games(Buffalo the only one in question, imo) and beat two very mediocre teams on the road?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 12:33 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Is it not realistic that we win three home games(Buffalo the only one in question, imo) and beat two very mediocre teams on the road?

I guess.... I still view the NFL as any given Sunday.  If it wasn't we would of started the season better than 0-2. 
Reply/Quote
I don’t know if we will, but we CAN, and if we DO, we are no worse than the 2nd seed, and 1 KC lost from home field advantage. We control most of our destiny.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 12:36 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I don’t know if we will, but we CAN, and if we DO, we are no worse than the 2nd seed, and 1 KC lost from home field advantage. We control most of our destiny.

YEP.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 12:36 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I guess.... I still view the NFL as any given Sunday.  If it wasn't we would of started the season better than 0-2. 

You're right. We could lose to any team left on our schedule. It's the NFL and anyone can beat you. After last week's win, I gave us about a 8% chance of winning out(though the math was probably closer to 2%) but now I would about double that to somewhere around 15%.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I think we will.

Buffalo doesn't look as scary as they first did. Cleveland won't come into a full crowd at Cincy and beat us. Tampa Bay isn't scary. Baltimore is on its last leg. Who can beat us, really?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 12:46 AM)Science Friction Wrote: You're right. We could lose to any team left on our schedule. It's the NFL and anyone can beat you. After last week's win, I gave us about a 8% chance of winning out(though the math was probably closer to 2%) but now I would about double that to somewhere around 15%.

Just get us in the playoffs...  I think Burrow can get us to the SB from any seed. He proved that last year with two wins on the road.
Reply/Quote
One game at a time. Chiefs win was huge. Hope for similar results in the future.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 02:02 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: One game at a time.

Meh, I had that approach for decades.  Anything short of winning the SB is disappointing now, and I'm glad I can finally say it.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 02:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I had that approach for decades.  Anything short of winning the SB is disappointing now, and I'm glad I can finally say it.

The biggest difference in the present-day Bengals and my daddy's Bengals is that these Bengals EXPECT TO WIN. My daddy's Bengals  expected to find a way to lose.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Right now beat the Stains. Then root for the Stealers to beat the Rats.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 02:18 AM)Science Friction Wrote: The biggest difference in the present-day Bengals and my daddy's Bengals is that these Bengals EXPECT TO WIN. My daddy's Bengals  expected to find a way to lose.

The line I always used was "You can see the piss running down their legs during the National Anthem." Not any more. This team expects to win and fears no one.

Another is kind of like current form Jessie Bates, "You see guys standing around waiting for someone else to make a play." Outside of him, this team looks in sync right now.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Can absolutely win out!
Reply/Quote
Not too many weeks ago, I wrote that before our game with Carolina I predicted that we would win every game with the exception to the Browns.
So far I am on track.  Cool

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-If-the-season-ended-today-Playoff-Picture?pid=1281695#pid1281695

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-Does-Your-Instinct-Tell-You-Do-We-Make-Playoffs?pid=1275415#pid1275415
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote