Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Coaches & Org please pay attn
(09-01-2021, 04:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm sorry, but what is in that article that we don't all already know?

When has Zac kept someone around, well past their prime?

- Glenn
- Preston Brown
- Andy (although he may still have some years left in the tank, we don't know)

List goes on. In fact, his purging of a ton of the old guard, has been PRAISED, as he rid the team of a lot of guys who had seen their best days and people that Marv puffed up.

This isn't calling Zac the greatest coach ever or anything of that nature, but the cutting of people past their prime and moving on, he has done since 2019 and that's what most coaches do in the league, especially if you plan on winning anything.

Taylor may have purged older players, but it hasn't resulted in a better record.
I think fans would buy in more to Taylor's strategy if he was able to show better results.
So far, it's more change for the sake of change.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 06:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Taylor may have purged older players, but it hasn't resulted in a better record.
I think fans would buy in more to Taylor's strategy if he was able to show better results.
So far, it's more change for the sake of change.

You and I both know, Ocho, that one of the 3 sticking posts (used that instead of, "points," purposely) with almost the entire fanbase, was that Marv indeed kept, "marquee," players that were over the hill and played them over young guys who were better, hungrier and more-suited to the needs of the team.

Zac hasn't gotten rid of guys, just to get rid of guys: he has purged the old and gone with new, who buy into the system and (seemingly) play for the team.

Results or not, players have to be super loyal and bought-in, if a coach has 6 wins over 2 years.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 04:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: His drafting record in the last 10 years is god awful. Belicheck the coach continues to bail out Belicheck the GM. For instance, taking Sony Michel in the 1st over Nick Chubb is another of his recent hits. A few year ago he cut a 2nd round corner the year he drafted him.

Yep

I highly doubt Bill the coach would dump Chase after a bad preseason.
Reply/Quote
I'm from New England and I've always told my friends that Bill is overrated and Brady was the biggest reason for there winning which was proven last year. Bill had a losing record in Cleveland and has a losing record without Brady. It was pure luck getting Brady in round 6 if they thought he was that good they would have drafted him early and they got lucky that Bledose got knocked out so Tom could have an opportunity. He got caught cheating for spy gate and felt compelled to film the 2-11 Bengals sidelines which he was docked a 3rd rd. pick. He's had some awful drafts look at some of the players he inherited during those first 3 runs.There is no " Patriots way " there's a Tom Brady way, every coach that leaves there does awful, Patricia, Mcdaniels, Romeo Crennel, Mangini. I've hated/ criticized Mike Brown for a long time but I've seen some positive changes. Two years of spending big in free agency which I never thought I'd see, getting more active in trades, new uniforms and getting a ring of honor. It's all about having a star QB which the Bengals may finally have. I think Bill is a good coach but you can't win anything without the QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 06:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You and I both know, Ocho, that one of the 3 sticking posts (used that instead of, "points," purposely) with almost the entire fanbase, was that he indeed kept, "marquee," players that were over the hill and played them over young guys who were better, hungrier and more-suited to the needs of the team.

Zac hasn't gotten rid of guys, just to get rid of guys: he has purged the old and gone with new, who buy into the system and (seemingly) play for the team.

Results or not, players have to be super loyal and bought-in, if a coach has 6 wins over 2 years.

It's really tough to sell to fans that this would need to be a multi-year rebuild.
The Bengals have 5 straight years of losing seasons, two of which have come under Taylor.
5-season losing streak is tied for 2nd in franchise history, only behind 6 straight losing seasons 1997-2002.

Bengals need to have a winning season this year to avoid tying the longest losing streak in franchise history.
And Taylor has the worst winning percentage of any NFL coach in history, so that's another reason I have zero faith in his culture change.
I don't see enough coming from him and his staff to make me hopeful for the franchise.

About the only positive I see right now is what Elizabeth Blackburn has been doing.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 06:47 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I'm from New England and I've always told my friends that Bill is overrated and Brady was the biggest reason for there winning which was proven last year. Bill had a losing record in Cleveland and has a losing record without Brady. It was pure luck getting Brady in round 6 if they thought he was that good they would have drafted him early and they got lucky that Bledose got knocked out so Tom could have an opportunity. He got caught cheating for spy gate and felt compelled to film the 2-11 Bengals sidelines which he was docked a 3rd rd. pick. He's had some awful drafts look at some of the players in inhertied during those first 3 runs.There is no " Patriots way "  there's a Tom Brady way, every coach that leaves there does awful, Patricia, Mcdaniels, Romeo Crennel,  Mangini. I've hated/ criticized Mike Brown for a long time but I've seen some positive changes. Two years of spending big in free agency which I never thought I'd see, getting more active in trades, new uniforms and getting a ring of honor. It's all about having a star QB which the Bengals may finally have. I think Bill is a good coach but you can't win anything without the QB.

Bill is not overrated

the fact he went 7-9 with perhaps the worst qb in the league is a testament to Bill's coaching ability

also the 11-5 season with Cassel

and going 4-1 without Brady in the beginning of 2016
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 05:13 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Not since Tom left 

Nor before him.Hmm
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 06:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bill is not overrated

the fact he went 7-9 with perhaps the worst qb in the league is a testament to Bill's coaching ability

Your so called worst QB in the league is a Super Bowl QB and former league MVP.

11-5 with Cassell with essentially the same roster as the undefeated, star studded roster of the 2007 season.

Jimmy G took the 49ers to the Super Bowl, and has been a stellar QB when healthy (36-12 in the NFL as a starting QB).

Bill is very overrated as a HC and always has been (as a DC he was great)
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 07:24 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Your so called worst QB in the league is a Super Bowl QB and former league MVP.

11-5 with Cassell with essentially the same roster as the undefeated, star studded roster of the 2007 season.

Jimmy G took the 49ers to the Super Bowl, and has been a stellar QB when healthy (36-12 in the NFL as a starting QB).

Bill is very overrated as a HC and always has been (as a DC he was great)

when was this ever said? When did I say this?

This is a level of mental gymnastics I have never seen before

insanity.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 07:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ......

when was this ever said? When did I say this?

This is a level of mental gymnastics I have never seen before

insanity.

I quoted your post, so it is right there...
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 05:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I mean.... he won more games with a QB that threw 8 TDs in 15 starts than the Bengals have over the last 2 years combined.

Not say much but good point 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 07:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I quoted your post, so it is right there...

wow I was thinking you were claiming I called Brady the worst qb in the league.

sorry about that. Anyways

That was Cams past.

Cam in 2020 was PATHETIC.

That's like saying Peyton Manning in 2015 wasnt bad because he won a super bowl and an mvp in years prior

SILLY ARGUMENT. It's not even an argument. Cam is out of a job right now. He's TRASH

but keep thinking Cam was good in 2020 because he won a mvp 5 YEARS AGO
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 05:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I mean.... he won more games with a QB that threw 8 TDs in 15 starts than the Bengals have over the last 2 years combined.

Ummm I'll remind you that Cam Newton once won a MVP

so that means he's actually good

Ninja

seriously, that's what this moderator is suggesting
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 07:32 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: wow I was thinking you were claiming I called Brady the worst qb in the league.

sorry about that. Anyways

That was Cams past.

Cam in 2020 was PATHETIC.

That's like saying Peyton Manning in 2015 wasnt bad because he won a super bowl and an mvp in years prior

SILLY ARGUMENT. It's not even an argument. Cam is out of a job right now. He's TRASH

but keep thinking Cam was good in 202 because he won a mvp 5 YEARS AGO

I'd like to see him here instead of Allen (for a commensurate deal of course)

No worries about the Cam/Brady mixup, BTW
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 06:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bill is not overrated

He’s a good coach but people act like his “system” his why they won Super Bowls not Brady. The two years you mentioned were the only two years they didn’t make the playoffs under Bill both without Brady. They had to sign Cam last minute because of Bills ego, he thought Tom would come crawling back for cheap money thinking he needed Bill to win. Brady always took pay cuts and the staff always thought they were the reason for the teams success. Brady was feed up left and proved them wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 07:37 PM)lone bengal Wrote: He’s a good coach but people act like his “system” his why they won Super Bowls not Brady. The two years you mentioned were the only two years they didn’t make the playoffs under Bill both without Brady. 

umm 2016 they won the super bowl

going 11-5 in 2008 and missing the playoffs is beyond rare. Look at the record, and not the fact they missed the playoffs.

11-5 is 11-5.

Plus the year they beat Goff in the super bowl was majority Belichik.

Score ended up being 13-3

also when they beat the falcons, the coaching of Belichik kept the falcons in check that 2nd half.

Keep it coming with the excuses. Im waiting
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 07:37 PM)lone bengal Wrote: He’s a good coach but people act like his “system” his why they won Super Bowls not Brady. The two years you mentioned were the only two years they didn’t make the playoffs under Bill both without Brady. They had to sign Cam last minute because of Bills ego, he thought Tom would come crawling back for cheap money thinking he needed Bill to win. Brady always took pay cuts and the staff always thought they were the reason for the teams success. Brady was feed up left and proved them wrong.

I'm not taking anything away from Brady... Hell, he's only a couple years younger than me... But he kinda went to a stacked roster to prove them wrong.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 07:40 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: umm 2016 they won the super bowl

going 11-5 in 2008 and missing the playoffs is beyond rare. Look at the record, and not the fact they missed the playoffs.

11-5 is 11-5.

Plus the year they beat Goff in the super bowl was majority Belichik.

Score ended up being 13-3

also when they beat the falcons, the coaching of Belichik kept the falcons in check that 2nd half.

Keep it coming with the excuses. Im waiting

The Patriots scored 34 points versus Atlanta lol Brady had 466 yards and two Td’s.

How about the Eagles Super Bowl ? The Defense gave up 41 points/ over 500 yards couldn’t stop the Eagles once. Brady had 500 yards passing , 3 TD’s zero picks

Even the Seahawks super bowl everyone says Malcolm Butler won it. Brady shredded a great D 328 yards 3TD’s 1 int. He gave them the lead at the end and Bill got lucky the Idiot Seahawks didn’t wanna run the ball from the 2 yard line with Marshawn Lynch twice.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 08:52 PM)lone bengal Wrote: The Patriots scored 34 points versus Atlanta lol Brady had 466 yards and two Td’s.

How about the Eagles Super Bowl ? The Defense gave up 41 points/ over 500 yards couldn’t stop the Eagles once. Brady had 500 yards passing , 3 TD’s zero picks

Even the Seahawks super bowl everyone says Malcolm Butler won it. Brady shredded a great D 328 yards 3TD’s 1 int. He gave them the lead at the end and Bill got lucky the Idiot Seahawks didn’t wanna run the ball from the 2 yard line with Marshawn Lynch twice.

I also mentioned the 13-3 victory against the Rams. Nice of you to completely ignore it.

And way to give no credit to Belichik and the defense for shutting down the falcons in the 2nd half
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 04:02 PM)Whacked Wrote: I am envious of so many things written in this thread with respect to
how Bill rules the roost and what’s truly important for winning besides
marquee names.

Would love to know what Bill would do about Chase!

https://www.boston.com/sports/commentary/2021/08/31/chad-finn-bill-belichick-cam-newton-mac-jones-patriots/?amp=1

Not sure what any Bengal fans were supposed to gain from that article.  This entire post seems like it was designed just to rile up the Bengal fans, a.k.a. trolling.  

Are you going to support and defend this post with your reasoning as to why this is important to Bengal fans?  AS you know, Jungle Noise is reserved for Bengals specific topics..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote