Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can we come together as Bengals fans for a while?
(01-05-2020, 04:58 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Treating others as you want to be treated is a good place to start. Whether you agree over anything or not.

This ^

Everyone should take the time to re-read the C.O.C. from time to time so they may keep the contents in mind when posting.  To the OP's point with this thread, keep in mind the following statement that can lead to suspension of accounts:

Messages of any kind that are intended to insult, belittle, harass, embarrass or threaten another member.

People can disagree with out resorting to those types of responses to one another.  If anyone sees posts of those types, please report them and the staff will deal with said posts and users.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's fine to disagree, in fact it's highly encouraged as differing opinions talking things out is the only reasonable way that people with differences ever come together on what suits best for most.

However, use a little common sense when you post. Don't be deliberately crass for the sake of feeling "superior", or flaunting your "profound knowledge". By all means, if you're on a public message board, learn to expect a little push back and some not so kind responses from others. In other words, sometimes it's good to let things roll off of one's back, rather than taking as a personal offense.

And please, don't misconstrue my words as "Oh, Sunset is promoting conflict", because that is not my intention. All I'm saying is that when you're on a forum to express an opinion, it's completely natural and should be expected to encounter a little conflict. Conflict is going to happen, it's just that simple. It's how you handle and respond to said conflict, that determines weather it's going to be a positive or negative outcome.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 04:58 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Treating others as you want to be treated is a good place to start. Whether you agree over anything or not.

When I play any game I want my opponent to try as hard as he can to defeat me.  That is what makes it fun.  That is why people behave the way they do in internet debates.

We have rules here about personal insults, but we have to realize that everytime we tell someone they are wrong we are basically saying "I am smarter than you."  So there is naturally going to be conflict.

If someone uses a personal insult then report it.  But driving home points to prove someone else is wrong is not a personal attack.  If you get upset because someone tries hard to prove you wrong then this is not the place for you.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 03:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: I know we as Bengals fans get used to not having a lot to cheer about but to be honest this forum is starting to get a little toxic from the constant fighting and dour negativism going on.

The season is over - it is what it is and us getting into internet fights over it won't change it. Blame Andy, don't assign him any responsibility, blame Zac, don't blame him, whatever. We went 2-14 and obviously have areas where we need to improve.

Can we discuss them without taking shots at each other?

We have Free Agency coming up and then the draft, where we have the #1 pick in each round. Hopefully we come out of the draft with key contributors who get the team into contention again.
Certain people on this board just don't like other posters I do not see anything changing that. But as long as the mods enforce the code of conduct on everyone it should not get out of hand. IMO
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 04:26 PM)Benton Wrote: If the Reddit poster is to be believed (and the numbers seem pretty close to numbers I've read in the past), Cincinnati is 16th in size based on media markets (blackout area population).

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/wt1sr/list_of_nfl_teams_by_media_market_size/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

To the op, agreed. We don't have to all agree but it would be good if everybody could be positive over the positives at least.

Well Nielen is very established  and they have us towards the bottom

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-market-size-nfl-mlb-nhl-nielsen-ratings/
Reply/Quote
Me, seeing a thread title about fans coming together...

[Image: source.gif]

Me, after taking the time to actually read through the thread...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
No. Say What
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 04:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It depends. Can I be excited about drafting an exciting new QB without being told how stupid I am for thinking it will matter?
Yeah, that was one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen said here. SMDH 

^^^ This was your response to my opinion in another thread might take your own advice just saying.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 10:31 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Yeah, that was one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen said here. SMDH 

^^^ This was your response to my opinion in another thread might take your own advice just saying.

Here’s the gem of a post you made. I’ll let the jury decide if it deserved to be ridiculed or not...

I still see Dalton telling Green where to line up has been doing it since his rookie year. You can tell Green relies on his skill alone and does not study the play book or train his behind off in the off season like a Jerry Rice did or Green would be a hall of famer but it is his fault that he is not and only his fault that he does not strive to be the best. Not to mention he does not have that killer instinct that you need to dominate a game he can do it now and then but not enough to get his team to a super bowl which is needed to reach the hall of fame as a Bengal since we only have one player in it.

I hope he is not re-signed and they get a burner in the 2nd or 3rd round to go with the guys we got now. Or a free agent which is unlikely the way our off seasons go.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 10:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Here’s the gem of a post you made. I’ll let the jury decide if it deserved to be ridiculed or not...

I still see Dalton telling Green where to line up has been doing it since his rookie year. You can tell Green relies on his skill alone and does not study the play book or train his behind off in the off season like a Jerry Rice did or Green would be a hall of famer but it is his fault that he is not and only his fault that he does not strive to be the best. Not to mention he does not have that killer instinct that you need to dominate a game he can do it now and then but not enough to get his team to a super bowl which is needed to reach the hall of fame as a Bengal since we only have one player in it.

I hope he is not re-signed and they get a burner in the 2nd or 3rd round to go with the guys we got now. Or a free agent which is unlikely the way our off seasons go.
There is a way to disagree with ones opinion and then there is insults. You said yourself you do not like to be called stupid but its ok to say dumbest ever. I do not see a difference but I know you will since you are the one that said it.
Reply/Quote
Careful . . . my post was deleted
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 10:47 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: There is a way to disagree with ones opinion and then there is insults. You said yourself you do not like to be called stupid but its ok to say dumbest ever. I do not see a difference but I know you will since you are the one that said it.

So you don’t see a difference between someone getting shit for being excited about a new QB and someone accusing one of best players in the history of our franchise, a 7 time Pro Bowl, one time top 5 WR, of being too stupid to know where to line up and being too lazy to work hard during the offseason?

And just for the record I didn’t even originally respond to your post. Sled did. And I agreed with him that your post was terrible.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 10:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So you don’t see a difference between someone getting shit for being excited about a new QB and someone accusing one of best players in the history of our franchise, a 7 time Pro Bowl, one time top 5 WR, of being too stupid to know where to line up and being too lazy to work hard during the offseason?

And just for the record I didn’t even originally respond to your post. Sled did. And I agreed with him that your post was terrible.
When the huddle breaks and everyone runs to their spot and AJ runs up to Andy and they talk then Andy points to a spot on the field and AJ runs to it then that is pretty cut and dry.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 10:56 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: When the huddle breaks and everyone runs to their spot and AJ runs up to Andy and they talk then Andy points to a spot on the field and AJ runs to it then that is pretty cut and dry.

Lol ok guy.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 10:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So you don’t see a difference between someone getting shit for being excited about a new QB and someone accusing one of best players in the history of our franchise, a 7 time Pro Bowl, one time top 5 WR, of being too stupid to know where to line up and being too lazy to work hard during the offseason?

But he did not throw an insult in with his post you did. 

Trust me Sled AND I disagree a lot all I got to do is talk about the Bengals butchers AKA Bengals doctors to get him bouncing off the walls.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 11:00 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: But he did not throw an insult in with his post you did. 

Trust me Sled AND I disagree a lot all I got to do is talk about the Bengals butchers AKA Bengals doctors to get him bouncing off the walls.

He didn’t?

Which garbage dump do you visit to come up with this stuff?

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 11:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He didn’t?

Which garbage dump do you visit to come up with this stuff?
Its borderline kind of mild from what I am use to out of him/her.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 04:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Fans are very passionate about their teams and ours is no different. When we are losing, tensions and opinions ignite much quicker than normal. Although in most cases it's understandable, insults and name calling is never understandable, nor acceptable. I strongly urge everyone to report inappropriate behavior and it will be investigated as quickly as one of us see the complaint. However, if it's just an individual or two that seems to get under the skin, I encourage using the ignore feature. It's not perfect, but it definitely makes the experience more enjoyable. After all, we're all just here to have fun.

who has had fun ..........on this board............this year.................with this team??????
Only you Dog and we all luv ya bro!!!

Reply/Quote
As long as people who start shit don't cry when they get it back, I have no problem with the conflict that happens here. Football isn't life and death, so arguments here are over fairly frivolous material. P&R is a different story, but I don't feel like that's what this thread entails. I've seen other sports forums, and this one is pretty civil even in the worst of seasons.

A lot of us have been around each other (figuratively speaking) for a pretty long time. More than a decade in a lot of cases. We all know the each other's online personalities, and in some cases are even acquainted IRL. I don't view any of what goes on here between board members as personal.

Honestly, I think it would be awesome if we could all meet up at some point. Maybe hit up a place in Cincy to watch an away game or even a tailgate before a home game. We've had enough discussions and arguments over the last 10 years. We might as well actually meet at some point. It always bugs me that I never met Wildcats, despite private conversations I had with him here. I'd like to meet others on here as well.

At this rate, we'll be talking about this team online until we're all gone (or the Bengals are). It would be interesting to actually have faces to put with names at some point. It would likely do a lot for "civility" here.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 11:27 PM)RASCAL Wrote: who has had fun ..........on this board............this year.................with this team??????
Only you Dog and we all luv ya bro!!!

I seem to remember one evening when you were on fire, and seemed to be having a good time yourself. If you weren't, then I was. I'm too lazy to go find it, but you were on a roll. Burfict may have been the topic, but don't hold me to it.

But anyway... I enjoy damn near all of you on this board. I don't take anything posted or said on here all that seriously, and I never take it personal. It's a good escape from everyday real life bullshit. Most of us would probably get along well in real life, and I know for a fact that a handful of you are really good people via PM, and personal exchanges.

Happy New Year to all of ya... Kumbaya and all that shit, and hopefully our boys get their act together and make this place a lil less pissy this coming season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote