Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can we come together as Bengals fans for a while?
(01-09-2020, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I took a trip out there once.  Had a good friend living in Astoria on the coast.  Stayed with him a while then went camping in the Sand Dunes and then down to Crater Lake.

Planned on going a little farther south to see the giant Redwoods, but ended up deciding not to rush.  I figured I would return in year in a year or two.  Instead I got married the next year and started having kids.  That was 2000 and I have never been back.

Crater Lake is on my bucket list.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 05:26 PM)jason Wrote: I've mostly flown in, but did make the drive up from San Francisco once. I've only been during the fall or winter though. I've never seen a sunny day there. Not that I'm complaining... It's an awesome city. I have seen whales off the coast though.... I also saw LeBron James dunk on Joel Prysbilla's head, and hit a game winning shot from court side seats though. Best seats I've ever had at a sporting event.

We went for a week all the way to the coast cause I have never seen the ocean before. Went all the way to Astoria and 
went down and saw Haystack (you know the cool rocks in the Goonies). It was mostly sunny the whole time until the last
couple days and then the rain started coming down in sheets. Nothing like the rain we have out here in Wyoming, it was 
torrential shit, crazy. Rained all night in Astoria, loved it myself, but I love the rain.

Never got to see any whales damn it.

Would love to see a Blazer game some day, been my favorite team since Drexler even if the game has gone to shit.

(01-09-2020, 05:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like kraken the best so far.

Yeah, that is a great one.

(01-09-2020, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I took a trip out there once.  Had a good friend living in Astoria on the coast.  Stayed with him a while then went camping in the Sand Dunes and then down to Crater Lake.

Planned on going a little farther south to see the giant Redwoods, but ended up deciding not to rush.  I figured I would return in year in a year or two.  Instead I got married the next year and started having kids.  That was 2000 and I have never been back.

Cool stuff, loved Astoria. Stayed in a nice little Air BNB and drank brewskies.

Too bad it was our last night and we had to make the drive straight from Astoria to Star Valley the next day.

That was one hell of a drive.

(01-09-2020, 06:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That would be a great one!

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 06:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We went for a week all the way to the coast cause I have never seen the ocean before. Went all the way to Astoria and 
went down and saw Haystack (you know the cool rocks in the Goonies). It was mostly sunny the whole time until the last
couple days and then the rain started coming down in sheets. Nothing like the rain we have out here in Wyoming, it was 
torrential shit, crazy. Rained all night in Astoria, loved it myself, but I love the rain.

Never got to see any whales damn it.

Would love to see a Blazer game some day, been my favorite team since Drexler even if the game has gone to shit.

Yeah, that is a great one.

Cool stuff, loved Astoria. Stayed in a nice little Air BNB and drank brewskies.

Too bad it was our last night and we had to make the drive straight from Astoria to Star Valley the next day.

That was one hell of a drive.

ThumbsUp

I was at the same beach... As soon as you mentioned Goonies rocks, I knew it was it.

When I went to that Blazers game it was the period where they had Brandon Roy and Lamarcus Aldridge. My friends have totally adopted the Blazers since they've lived there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote