Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can we come together as Bengals fans for a while?
To the OP, Because of the crap that sometimes gets tossed around on here, I have found myself spending a lot less time here than I used to. And I'm going to be honest, there are members of this board who can (very easily) get my blood pressure up.

I wish we could get along with each other. But I think winning is going to have to take care of that.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 11:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Cincinnati had the second-lowest attendance in the league, and it was the lowest in terms of percent capacity.
Cincinnati has actually had the second-worst for three years in a row now, and the highest they've been in 5 years has been 28th, which was the year they went 12-4 and undefeated at home in the regular season.
So I wouldn't necessarily say people care a ton about football around Cincinnati either.

When I went to Portland, I saw many Seahawks fans, so they do like football there.
Given I lived in Columbus for a decade, a majority of the fans are Browns fans. They avidly follow the Buckeyes on Saturdays and NFL on Sundays. The issue would be getting the population to root for a new team.
I think San Antonio (or Austin) would be able to draw in plenty of fans. It's further away from Houston and Dallas than the distance between, say Cincy to Indy, Cleveland to Pittsburgh, etc. Plus, Texans love them some football.

Those were probably people from Washington. We go to Portland to buy shit because there is no sales tax.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I will back up the bolded, went to Portland and later to the coast this summer and there were tons of Seahawks fans.

You should have told me, I'd definitely would have met up with you.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 10:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Portland is so close to Seattle they don't need a football team honestly.

Now Seattle could use those Supersonics back man!!!

The Sonics were the only team I really liked that were associated with Seattle. People are still pissed Schultz sold them to OKC. People stopped going to Starbucks, me included.
Now we're getting an NHL team, excited about that! The only problem is, they will play in Key Arena and it is in the middle of the city, no parking! You gotta park blocks away and walk thru shit and hordes of homeless people to get there.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 12:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Those were probably people from Washington. We go to Portland to buy shit because there is no sales tax.

Yea I know that Washington has no income tax whereas Oregon has no sales tax and a lot of people especially from Vancouver go into Oregon to buy stuff because of that.

I'm sure you're right to some extent, but I do remember talking with some people who were Timbers and Blazers fans but also Seahawks fans.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 01:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hey, they’re getting an NHL team. Hockey > basketball anyway. Tongue

Didn't know that, they got a full team name yet?

And yes, Hockey is much better than basketball nowadays.

(01-08-2020, 11:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: By that logic, Seattle can root for the Blazers if they wanted a basketball team.

In regards to distance, Portland and Seattle are 3 hours apart, so it's actually further than Indy to Cincy.

Well, cannot argue with your logic. Didn't make the trip from Portland to Seattle, was just surprised how close they 
were according to the map and signs. Crossed the bridge to head to Seattle from Portland on our way back, then 
turned East. Crazy logging going on over there, damn.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 12:05 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: To the OP, Because of the crap that sometimes gets tossed around on here, I have found myself spending a lot less time here than I used to.  And I'm going to be honest, there are members of this board who can (very easily) get my blood pressure up.

I wish we could get along with each other.  But I think winning is going to have to take care of that.

Too bad Bro, you are one of the posters that makes me feel better around here.

Sure hope we start winning so you can be on the board more and we can all feel better. Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 12:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You should have told me, I'd definitely would have met up with you.

I was pretty much just along for the ride with my sisters eating at the best Restaurants and drinking Wine and brewskies.

Would of put my sister out if I stopped on the way dang it all. Would of loved to have seen a fellow Bengal fan from the
board on the way. Will head back there again some day, love Bridal Veil falls and Multnomah right outside of Portland.

Had such a blast on this trip.

(01-08-2020, 12:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The Sonics were the only team I really liked that were associated with Seattle. People are still pissed Schultz sold them to OKC. People stopped going to Starbucks, me included.
Now we're getting an NHL team, excited about that! The only problem is, they will play in Key Arena and it is in the middle of the city, no parking! You gotta park blocks away and walk thru shit and hordes of homeless people to get there.

Yeah, the Rain Man and the Glove from back in the day sure were fun to watch. Was BS to sell that team away.

Those were the days I loved basketball...

Jordan, Bird, Clyde the Glyde, Mullen, etc.

Been a Trailblazer fan since Drexler.

That is cool Seattle is getting a Hockey team, would be a blast to go to one of those games I am sure.

Closest teams to me are Vegas and Colorado. Kind of like Vegas, what is the same of the new Seattle team again?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't know that, they got a full team name yet?

Well, cannot argue with your logic. Didn't make the trip from Portland to Seattle, was just surprised how close they 
were according to the map and signs. Crossed the bridge to head to Seattle from Portland on our way back, then 

Complete tangent now, but visiting Mt Hood and all the nearby waterfalls were absolutely fantastic. Well worth going back out to Portland and check out if you haven't already.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't know that, they got a full team name yet?

Possible team names I have heard. Totems, Orcas and my personal favorite "Squatches".... Also Steelhead or some kind of salmon...
Actually Totems is at the top. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 06:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Complete tangent now, but visiting Mt Hood and all the nearby waterfalls were absolutely fantastic. Well worth going back out to Portland and check out if you haven't already.

Oregon is a very beautiful state. If you ever get the chance, see Central Oregon! Especially if you golf or into the old west thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 06:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Complete tangent now, but visiting Mt Hood and all the nearby waterfalls were absolutely fantastic. Well worth going back out to Portland and check out if you haven't already.

Mt Hood is crazy how it just sticks out like the Lonely Mountain from the Hobbit or something.

Saw Bridal Veil Falls and Multnomah and yes they were absolutely fantastic. Multnomah is huge and I heard one of the highest
falls in the US but damn are there a lot of people there. Loved the Bridal Veil Falls hike the best, awesome path. 

Yes, I will be back pretty sure brother.

(01-09-2020, 03:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Possible team names I have heard. Totems, Orcas and my personal favorite "Squatches".... Also Steelhead or some kind of salmon...

Squatches would be cool lol
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 03:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Oregon is a very beautiful state. If you ever get the chance, see Central Oregon! Especially if you golf or into the old west thing.

Went on an old train ride over by Bakerville, it was sweet. Oregon changes tons as you go through it, more than any state I have
heard of. Goes from dry and hot over by Boise (where ole Shady lives BTW) to cool, lush and almost tropical. Didn't see hardly any
bugs over by the Falls, was kind of weird from a guy from Wyoming where we have Skeeters everywhere in the summer.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 03:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Went on an old train ride over by Bakerville, it was sweet. Oregon changes tons as you go through it, more than any state I have
heard of. Goes from dry and hot over by Boise (where ole Shady lives BTW) to cool, lush and almost tropical. Didn't see hardly any
bugs over by the Falls, was kind of weird from a guy from Wyoming where we have Skeeters everywhere in the summer.

I've been to Portland several times, and have never seen the sun, nor Mt Hood in the distance.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 03:52 PM)jason Wrote: I've been to Portland several times, and have never seen the sun, nor Mt Hood in the distance.

I was coming from the west, before you get to the Dalles or whatever you call them.

You fly in? I came by car.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 04:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was coming from the west, before you get to the Dalles or whatever you call them.

You fly in? I came by car.

I've mostly flown in, but did make the drive up from San Francisco once. I've only been during the fall or winter though. I've never seen a sunny day there. Not that I'm complaining... It's an awesome city. I have seen whales off the coast though.... I also saw LeBron James dunk on Joel Prysbilla's head, and hit a game winning shot from court side seats though. Best seats I've ever had at a sporting event.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 03:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Possible team names I have heard. Totems, Orcas and my personal favorite "Squatches".... Also Steelhead or some kind of salmon...

I like kraken the best so far.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 03:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Oregon is a very beautiful state. If you ever get the chance, see Central Oregon! Especially if you golf or into the old west thing.

I took a trip out there once.  Had a good friend living in Astoria on the coast.  Stayed with him a while then went camping in the Sand Dunes and then down to Crater Lake.

Planned on going a little farther south to see the giant Redwoods, but ended up deciding not to rush.  I figured I would return in year in a year or two.  Instead I got married the next year and started having kids.  That was 2000 and I have never been back.
Reply/Quote
If Portland ever gets a football team it will be called The Vibe.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 05:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like kraken the best so far.

That would be a great one!
Reply/Quote