Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Can we cut #70 already. He is so worthlees
I'm sorry but I think it is ridiculous to say cut him in what is in reality his first season because he only played a few games last season. He just needs to get stronger and hopefully a little quicker to face some of the quicker defensive ends in the league that he has to face every week. Am I disappointed in how he is playing right now, yes, but I am disappointed with the entire offensive line because to give up over 20 sacks in 7 games is absurd. However, getting back to Ced, I do think it may be good for him to continue to rotate with Eric Winston right now at right tackle so that he can continue to learn the position.
Reply/Quote
Obviously i know we wont cut #70 but he appears so lost, weak and pathetic out on the field. No one would have guessed he was a first round draft pick. I cant remember an lineman playing this poor. Well besides for Bodine. This guy was over hyped playing behind 2 all american tackles at Texas A&M. I just dont see any potential. He better not get Dalton killed this year , just so we could get his feet wet.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 12:04 AM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: I'm sorry but I think it is ridiculous to say cut him in what is in reality his first season because he only played a few games last season. He just needs to get stronger and hopefully a little quicker to face some of the quicker defensive ends in the league that he has to face every week. Am I disappointed in how he is playing right now, yes, but I am disappointed with the entire offensive line because to give up over 20 sacks in 7 games is absurd. However, getting back to Ced, I do think it may be good for him to continue to rotate with Eric Winston right now at right tackle so that he can continue to learn the position.

It's his 2nd year. Injuries have kept him out of two training camps, which is not a good sign. He really needed that work.

The team won't cut him. What is even more ugly is that Fisher can't overtake him. With Whit getting up there and the two 2nd year guys not living up to expectations we'll need to consider OT in the draft next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I had a feeling he would be a bust when they said he has a bad back. He can't do proper core training like heavy squats and dead lifts. He won't ever get stronger, weak backs don't ever get better. Look at JJ Watt, he was a stud but likely will never be good again after hurting his back. He will never be able to train the same and will lose all his strength.
Reply/Quote
Bengals need to bring in new people in charge of the draft, or at least advising whomever makes the final call. They have been sucking too much for any long term success going forward.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 12:14 AM)BengalChris Wrote: It's his 2nd year. Injuries have kept him out of two training camps, which is not a good sign. He really needed that work.

The team won't cut him. What is even more ugly is that Fisher can't overtake him. With Whit getting up there and the two 2nd year guys not living up to expectations we'll need to consider OT in the draft next year.

Solid point on Fisher.  Though his athleticism makes sense at LT or even pulling at LG, he's a versatile guy and I'd like to be a fly on the wall as to why they don't at least try him at RT.  Regarding the draft, it really comes down to what they think of the class.  I know it isn't the "Bengal way" to spend big money on a FA, but I could see them competing for an average starting RT if one of these two don't make this unit better by the end of the year.  They'll need stability and could always move bodies around if Zeitler leaves as well.  As for today, I have no issues with Winston starting for now.  The guy doesn't have a lot left, but at least Andy and Co. know his limitations.  We as fans don't know how healthy or conditioned Ced really is, but no matter what those drive killing whiff blocks have to go for now. 
Reply/Quote
Let's trade him for Joe Thomas
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 08:37 PM)Sweetness Wrote: He certainly hasn't been great yet, buthe he made 2 solid blocks on hills run in the first that almost went for a TD. It's really only his first year of play so I'm willing to give him a but of time before I'm ready to cut him...

This.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 07:00 AM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Let's trade him for Joe Thomas

I like the idea, problem is the way he's playing he has no trade value - regardless of what round he was drafted.

Can you imagine another team looking at his film?  They'd be like "uh, no thanks!"
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 08:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He's not going to get any better sitting on the bench.

Andy Daltons career isn't going to get any longer with him on the field  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 11:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He looks like he isn't going to get any better playing, either.

At least not until the guru gives him some pointers after the season.

Honestly it looks like the kid is lacking NFL caliber strength.

It's not just the strength, there are times he looks lost out there.  Guys run right past him and he is looking around like "what happened".  He was introduced to the pro game last year, and has two years in the system now.  I would like to think he would have a better grasp.

As others have said, the really scary party is Fisher.  How bad must he be that Ogbuehi continues to start and play in front of him?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 07:07 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He is so bad. On the long TD run he was on the bench for his bad play again.  Ugh what a waste

On the long TD run he was indeed out. But, scanning other big play highlights I could not help but notice him doing a good job repeatedly. I know a lot of you guys on here love to have a whipping boy, but you may need to find a new one sooner than you think. This kid is getting better and he is going to be a good one.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
As I said in another thread, they really should consider putting Winston in as a starter until we are officially out of the playoff race. Then feel free to put Ogbuehi back in there to gain experience.

But he's consistently been a liability. And for a team that's still in the playoff hunt, it's ignorant to keep parading him out there. Put the player in that gives you the best chance at success. Between Ogbuehi and Winston, the choice is clear.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 12:13 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Obviously i know we wont cut #70 but he appears so lost, weak and pathetic out on the field.  No one would have guessed he was a first round draft pick.  I cant remember an lineman playing this poor.  Well besides for Bodine.   This guy was over hyped playing behind 2 all american tackles at Texas A&M.  I just dont see any potential.  He better not get Dalton killed this year , just so we could get his feet wet.

It happens with Tackles.

In college, these guys might go up against 1 or 2 NFL-caliber DE's. In the Pro's they're going up against elite-athletes every week. For that reason...it's really hard to evaluate how good they are.

The troubling thing about the Browns game is a rookie 2nd Round DE in Ogbah destroyed him.

Cedric is a prototypical OT in build. He's tall, lean, and muscular. The worry is that his draft stock rose because of that more than his actual play.

At this point, I don't think we can say that he'll eventually improve or be a bust. It's unknown. All we know is that he is hurting the team. It's also troubling that Fisher hasn't overtaken him.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 10:59 AM)Big Boss Wrote: As I said in another thread, they really should consider putting Winston in as a starter until we are officially out of the playoff race.  Then feel free to put Ogbuehi back in there to gain experience.

But he's consistently been a liability.  And for a team that's still in the playoff hunt, it's ignorant to keep parading him out there.  Put the player in that gives you the best chance at success.  Between Ogbuehi and Winston, the choice is clear.

Plus, keeping him in will get Dalton hurt.

You have to go with your best players that give you the chance to win.
Reply/Quote
He won't be/shouldn't be cut but he sure needs to pick it up. A virtual turnstile at times.
Reply/Quote
Anybody remember when Big Whit first started out? I believe his first game was against the Colts and he got humiliated. Turns out, that didn't have any bearing about the player he can become.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Someone should edit Mike Zimmer's postgame comments to play to our offensive line guys:

“We didn’t block anybody,” Zimmer told reporters after the game, via Matt Vensel of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “We were soft. We got overpowered.”

“We’re not going to go down the street and pick up a bunch of guys,” Zimmer said. “We need to get these guys better and we need to do it quickly.”

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 10:55 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: It's not just the strength, there are times he looks lost out there.  Guys run right past him and he is looking around like "what happened".  He was introduced to the pro game last year, and has two years in the system now.  I would like to think he would have a better grasp.

As others have said, the really scary party is Fisher.  How bad must he be that Ogbuehi continues to start and play in front of him?

I share all your concerns about both these guys.   The only consolation I have left is that both of these guys missed most or all of training camp.  The biggest concern is that he seems lost out there.  That suggests that he just doesn't have the head for the game.

We'll see.  Sometimes it's a thin line between good play and bad play.   I have to say that I can't remember any tackle we've had looking as bad as Og
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 08:48 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He was benched at end of game.

Agree with others though that it is not time to cut him yet.

Actually he was alternating with Winston throughout the 2nd half at least.   Alexander talking to him while Winston was in.  Interesting idea on Alexander's part.  But apparently it was not really effective.
Reply/Quote