Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Can we cut #70 already. He is so worthlees
(10-24-2016, 11:34 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Someone should edit Mike Zimmer's postgame comments to play to our offensive line guys:

“We didn’t block anybody,” Zimmer told reporters after the game, via Matt Vensel of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “We were soft. We got overpowered.”

“We’re not going to go down the street and pick up a bunch of guys,” Zimmer said. “We need to get these guys better and we need to do it quickly.”

Have to say, I like this so much better than the "we did some good things out there today, we just need to be better" Ninja
Reply/Quote
What's F'd up, to me, is that Fisher isn't good enough to plug in there and get any improvement?
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals are willing to let Margus Hunt play out his rookie contract, they most certainly will not cut a first round OT who is only in his second season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 11:38 AM)3wt Wrote: Actually he was alternating with Winston throughout the 2nd half at least.   Alexander talking to him while Winston was in.  Interesting idea on Alexander's part.  But apparently it was not really effective.

Yeah, we only scored 31 points, as compared to our usual 61. And those two missed field goals - those were Alexander's fault too.

Clearly the 550+ yards of total offense also indicate yesterday was a huge setback for this offense.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 11:11 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Anybody remember when Big Whit first started out? I believe his first game was against the Colts and he got humiliated. Turns out, that didn't have any bearing about the player he can become.

And there are guys who start out bad and don't get better. No one knows if this guy will turn into a good pro or be below average.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 12:34 PM)xxlt Wrote: Yeah, we only scored 31 points, as compared to our usual 61. And those two missed field goals - those were Alexander's fault too.

Clearly the 550+ yards of total offense also indicate yesterday was a huge setback for this offense.

I get your point, but it was the 0-7 Browns.  Against better competition, it may not have been enough.  The guy has looked very bad out there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 12:34 PM)xxlt Wrote: Yeah, we only scored 31 points, as compared to our usual 61. And those two missed field goals - those were Alexander's fault too.

It was the Browns, a team that this group should easily put up 31 points against.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: I get your point, but it was the 0-7 Browns.  Against better competition, it may not have been enough.  The guy has looked very bad out there.

I fully expected the 0-7 Browns to be the 1-6 Browns today.  Hilarious

And you are right, he has looked bad, like a lot of NFL rookies. But he definitely handled his assignment on some big plays yesterday, and the platoon arrangement yesterday seems to indicate both that the coaches are aware he is struggling and that the rotation is helping him sort through his growing pains. 

Here's my bottom line. Remember all those guys (and they are still around) screaming about how Andy Dalton sucked from day one? 

I think #70 is going to be just fine.

PS, Andy Dalton sucks.  Hilarious  Ninja
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:36 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: It was the Browns, a team that this group should easily put up 31 points against.

Correct. And they did. Arguably they underperformed, but I don't see how anyone calls yesterday's game a step back for this offense. It was a well needed step forward. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 11:34 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Someone should edit Mike Zimmer's postgame comments to play to our offensive line guys:

“We didn’t block anybody,” Zimmer told reporters after the game, via Matt Vensel of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “We were soft. We got overpowered.”

“We’re not going to go down the street and pick up a bunch of guys,” Zimmer said. “We need to get these guys better and we need to do it quickly.”

The thing about this statement is Zim will make it happen, and quickly. We will just wait, and wait some more. That being said, it WAS the Browns, but running game and passing game opened up, though it may just be a mirage.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:44 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote:    The thing about this statement is Zim will make it happen, and quickly. We will just wait, and wait some more. That being said, it WAS the Browns, but running game and passing game opened up, though it may just be a mirage.

And how exactly is he going to do that?  

Come on, it's no different than any other team and coach.  He's got the guys on the team that he has and he is HOPING that they are going to get better.  Sure, you can try to coach them up, but this isn't pre-season, there isn't a ton of time during the week to fix these things when you are game planning and doing other things to prepare for the next opponent.

It cracks me up when people talk about the Bengals sitting around and waiting rather than doing things.  Zimmer has a major hole at kicker, the Vikings fans are complaining about him constantly, but what have they done?  Nothing.  Zimmer is no different than any other good coach in the league, to sit here and say he will get it fixed and fixed quickly is comical.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:41 PM)xxlt Wrote: I fully expected the 0-7 Browns to be the 1-6 Browns today.  Hilarious

And you are right, he has looked bad, like a lot of NFL rookies. But he definitely handled his assignment on some big plays yesterday, and the platoon arrangement yesterday seems to indicate both that the coaches are aware he is struggling and that the rotation is helping him sort through his growing pains. 

Here's my bottom line. Remember all those guys (and they are still around) screaming about how Andy Dalton sucked from day one? 

I think #70 is going to be just fine.

PS, Andy Dalton sucks.  Hilarious  Ninja

Surely YOU weren't one of THOSE guys were you? Cool

Yeah, I don't think I've said there's no hope for the guy, but he is indeed struggling.....just kinda alarming for a 1st rounder in his second year, in my opinion.  Hopefully he gets it figured out soon so we don't have to use another draft pick on a T too soon.

(It DOES take a QB a bit longer to develop)

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: And how exactly is he going to do that?  

Come on, it's no different than any other team and coach.  He's got the guys on the team that he has and he is HOPING that they are going to get better.  Sure, you can try to coach them up, but this isn't pre-season, there isn't a ton of time during the week to fix these things when you are game planning and doing other things to prepare for the next opponent.

It cracks me up when people talk about the Bengals sitting around and waiting rather than doing things.  Zimmer has a major hole at kicker, the Vikings fans are complaining about him constantly, but what have they done?  Nothing.  Zimmer is no different than any other good coach in the league, to sit here and say he will get it fixed and fixed quickly is comical.

The difference is, if it doesn't get rectified in MN sooner, rather than later, folks will most likely be sent packing.....no lifetime contracts.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And there are guys who start out bad and don't get better. No one knows if this guy will turn into a good pro or be below average.

So what you're saying is this is a knee-jerk over-reaction? 

Shocked  
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Surely YOU weren't one of THOSE guys were you? Cool

Yeah, I don't think I've said there's no hope for the guy, but he is indeed struggling.....just kinda alarming for a 1st rounder in his second year, in my opinion.  Hopefully he gets it figured out soon so we don't have to use another draft pick on a T too soon.

(It DOES take a QB a bit longer to develop)

Dalton never looked completely lost on an NFL field, so anyone trying to make that comparison is way off base.

As you say, this is not his rookie year.  He was active for five games last year.  Yes, he was injured, but he has been through two off seasons full of meetings and prep.  He has gone through the strength and conditioning.  Add in the fact that first round picks should not look helpless out there and it begins to become worrisome.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: And how exactly is he going to do that?  

Come on, it's no different than any other team and coach.  

I'd disagree there. He does it by calling it out when he sees it immediately. You can see him fired up on the sidelines. He doesn't let his guys slide. 

I remember watching Hard Knocks back in '09 I think and I was surprised Marvin could get fired up at people. We never see it on the sidelines. I wish we saw it more from him. And Guenther...he's just so uninspiring. People do what they see their leaders do. If you coach with passion, they play with passion. Guenther doesn't. Not from what I've seen. 

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 07:07 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He is so bad. On the long TD run he was on the bench for his bad play again.  Ugh what a waste

Just cut a first round pick in essentially his rookie year...

Sounds like some common sense. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 03:35 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I'd disagree there. He does it by calling it out when he sees it immediately. You can see him fired up on the sidelines. He doesn't let his guys slide. 

I remember watching Hard Knocks back in '09 I think and I was surprised Marvin could get fired up at people. We never see it on the sidelines. I wish we saw it more from him. And Guenther...he's just so uninspiring. People do what they see their leaders do. If you coach with passion, they play with passion. Guenther doesn't. Not from what I've seen. 

[Image: imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.patsmilit...mrc&uact=8]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: The difference is, if it doesn't get rectified in MN sooner, rather than later, folks will most likely be sent packing.....no lifetime contracts.

Just like he's sent Walsh packing after missing the chip shot last year and having a horrible year this year?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 03:35 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I'd disagree there. He does it by calling it out when he sees it immediately. You can see him fired up on the sidelines. He doesn't let his guys slide. 

So, just because TV shows Zimmer screaming at a guy means he doesn't let things slide?  I guess.

I guess I'm trying to figure out how people know what Marvin says to the guys on the sidelines.  I guess Marvin lets everything slide.
Reply/Quote