Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Can we cut #70 already. He is so worthlees
(10-24-2016, 03:54 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Just like he's sent Walsh packing after missing the chip shot last year and having a horrible year this year?

The organization as a whole.....do you think the Vikings would put up with no playoff wins in 14 years?  Five straight one and dones?  The Bengals have no accountability, one coach has been here since Dave Shula was HC.....the RB coach had been too.  

As for Walsh......any worse than Nugent?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The offense wasn't the problem yesterday.

The defense was.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 12:07 PM)PDub80 Wrote: What's F'd up, to me, is that Fisher isn't good enough to plug in there and get any improvement?

This is what honestly bothers me more than Ced struggling mightily because Jake has played more snaps than him last year. Why can he not go in and get that PT in front of Winston and see what he does for a few drives? His snap counts has been as followed:

2015 first 7 games

2016 first 7 games

Not a HUGE difference but doesn't inspire much confidence after a full off-season of work and getting half the already low snap count behind a struggling teammate.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Surely YOU weren't one of THOSE guys were you? Cool

Yeah, I don't think I've said there's no hope for the guy, but he is indeed struggling.....just kinda alarming for a 1st rounder in his second year, in my opinion.  Hopefully he gets it figured out soon so we don't have to use another draft pick on a T too soon.

(It DOES take a QB a bit longer to develop)

I was not. But boy there were, as some people say, a whole butt load of them. I always thought the expression was a whole boat load. I guess it depends on if you grew up on a waterway or a ranch artificially inseminating cattle. 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:44 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote:    The thing about this statement is Zim will make it happen, and quickly. We will just wait, and wait some more. That being said, it WAS the Browns, but running game and passing game opened up, though it may just be a mirage.

Maybe just the opposite. Who on an opposing coaching staff knows Marvin and this team's offensive abilities better than Hue Jackson? The more I think about that, and Marvin's desire to be down by just a little more or a little less than a touchdown with under sixty seconds in every game, the more impressive the offensive production yesterday. 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 10:55 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: It's not just the strength, there are times he looks lost out there.  Guys run right past him and he is looking around like "what happened".  He was introduced to the pro game last year, and has two years in the system now.  I would like to think he would have a better grasp.

As others have said, the really scary party is Fisher.  How bad must he be that Ogbuehi continues to start and play in front of him?

If we whiffed on both tackles AND Bodine, that would be enough to get the o-line coach fired by any team not run by Mike Brown. It's an amazing display of incompetence. Either in coaching or judging talent. Probably both.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Surely YOU weren't one of THOSE guys were you? Cool

Yeah, I don't think I've said there's no hope for the guy, but he is indeed struggling.....just kinda alarming for a 1st rounder in his second year, in my opinion.  Hopefully he gets it figured out soon so we don't have to use another draft pick on a T too soon.

(It DOES take a QB a bit longer to develop)
Just so they don't draft any OTs from OSU. Sad
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 11:11 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Anybody remember when Big Whit first started out? I believe his first game was against the Colts and he got humiliated. Turns out, that didn't have any bearing about the player he can become.

1 game vs 6 in a row is a little different.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 07:44 PM)xxlt Wrote: I was not. But boy there were, as some people say, a whole butt load of them. I always thought the expression was a whole boat load. I guess it depends on if you grew up on a waterway or a ranch artificially inseminating cattle. 

LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 11:03 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: 1 game vs 6 in a row is a little different.  Mellow

You're right.

/grabs pitchfork
//sends angry email to bengals
///starts creating threads about how bad he sucks

Yet, still solves nothing. Only time will tell, and I for one am hoping he gets a lot better for the Bengals - and my - sake. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 09:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If we whiffed on both tackles AND Bodine, that would be enough to get the o-line coach fired by any team not run by Mike Brown. It's an amazing display of incompetence. Either in coaching or judging talent. Probably both.

We agreed in another thread that this may be Whit's final year.  I personally think there is a good chance Zeitler leaves in free agency, add in Whit possibly retiring, and three guys who should not be playing... this team could be in for a rough couple years trying to rebuild.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 12:09 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: You're right.

/grabs pitchfork
//sends angry email to bengals
///starts creating threads about how bad he sucks

Yet, still solves nothing. Only time will tell, and I for one am hoping he gets a lot better for the Bengals - and my - sake. 

Lets not forget this is his 2nd year.  He still.played last year and practiced with the team .  Anyways you gotta admit this could be the worst start to a career for an olineman we have seen in Bengaland. I remember a story last year how he cant do certain workouts because of his lower back.   So yeah id be slightly worried right about now.
Reply/Quote
He needs to stay on the bench. The entire offense performs better with him on the bench. You don't even need to be awesome because Dalton's release is so quick even slightly below average is acceptable see Winston. I've gained some appreciation for Eifert's blocking also since he returned in limited snaps. Point is this offense will be fine if number 70 stays on the bench.
Reply/Quote
There is zero logic behind cutting him. None.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 01:18 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: There is zero logic behind cutting him. None.

I agree but their is 0 logic behind continuing to play him right now either. He might need another year hes getting physically man handled almost every single play.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 01:23 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I agree but their is 0 logic behind continuing to play him right now either. He might need another year hes getting physically man handled almost every single play.

I say stick with a rotation unless he isn't improving. If it's becoming apparent that he isn't improving and he's holding our team back more than improving for the big picture let him sit the bench and give him another crack in a competition next year. I do believe he needs playing time to get better but not at the cost of our offensive play. We need to win now.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 01:23 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I agree but their is 0 logic behind continuing to play him right now either. He might need another year hes getting physically man handled almost every single play.

There's plenty of logic for continuing to play him. 

Experience.

He's not going to figure it out by standing on the sidelines.

If Anthony Munoz and Dave Lapham can endorse him, i'll take that over a few posters who haven't played the game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 01:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's plenty of logic for continuing to play him. 

Experience.

He's not going to figure it out by standing on the sidelines.

If Anthony Munoz and Dave Lapham can endorse him, i'll take that over a few posters who haven't played the game. 

They endorsed him during the preseason, correct?  You don't let someone continue to play when it is to the detriment of the team.  This is one of the guys who protects this franchise's prized possession.  You don't let Dalton continue to take a beating so other players can get experience.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 12:34 PM)xxlt Wrote: Yeah, we only scored 31 points, as compared to our usual 61. And those two missed field goals - those were Alexander's fault too.

Clearly the 550+ yards of total offense also indicate yesterday was a huge setback for this offense.

I get your point - and you'd have to say that he made some improvements in the running game.  But his pass blocking is atrocious and we were playing against the 31st rated defense.  So I don't attribute the 550+ yards to my man Og.

I realize the guy has yet to have a full offseason where the technique is drilled into you.  And I like the way Alexander was handling him Sunday.  It's a good educational technique to combine watching a seasoned veteran work and then going in and doing a couple of series yourself against the same defense.

But I'm impatient for a first round pick who was billed as a can't miss prospect to start living up to his talent a little.  So I'll admit I'm impatient, but I'm not going to credit the guy with a performance epiphany.
Reply/Quote
There is no one in hell that is endorsing this guy right now. No way. I'm not blind . I see him get pushed back on every single Glenn play he gets no push at all. Hes at his best just trying to shield someone on a screen play. He's not ready at all. N throwing him on the field makes no sense . He just isn't ready. Or might never be ready. Was there even a competition. I remember a few times in training camp Dunlap lifted him off his feet.
Reply/Quote