Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Can we cut #70 already. He is so worthlees
(10-25-2016, 12:20 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: We agreed in another thread that this may be Whit's final year.  I personally think there is a good chance Zeitler leaves in free agency, add in Whit possibly retiring, and three guys who should not be playing... this team could be in for a rough couple years trying to rebuild.

Yikes, what a scary thought. We could potentially be even worse next year, even though that's hard to fathom.

(10-25-2016, 01:58 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: They endorsed him during the preseason, correct?  You don't let someone continue to play when it is to the detriment of the team.  This is one of the guys who protects this franchise's prized possession.  You don't let Dalton continue to take a beating so other players can get experience.

Agreed. Og has had a "redshirt" year, a full off-season, pre-season, and 7 games in he's showing no signs of getting any better. Paul Alexander apparently can't work one-on-one with him again until the off-season. So...I'd probably give him a short leash from here on. If needed, bring Winston in and let Og try again next year. Next March, I'd even look for a solid veteran backup who can start if necessary, because a miraculous turnaround seems unlikely at this point. I'd be more optimistic, but he's been a special level of "bad".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 02:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yikes, what a scary thought. We could potentially be even worse next year, even though that's hard to fathom.

Agreed. Og has had a "redshirt" year, a full off-season, pre-season, and 7 games in he's showing no signs of getting any better. Paul Alexander apparently can't work one-on-one with him again until the off-season. So...I'd probably give him a short leash from here on. If needed, bring Winston in and let Og try again next year. Next March, I'd even look for a solid veteran backup who can start if necessary, because a miraculous turnaround seems unlikely at this point. I'd be more optimistic, but he's been a special level of "bad".

With the O-line issues, I think it's much more likely that Zeitler gets tagged or signs a long term deal.  There's no way this team can afford to let one of their best lineman leave when the unit has been so bad this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 03:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: With the O-line issues, I think it's much more likely that Zeitler gets tagged or signs a long term deal.  There's no way this team can afford to let one of their best lineman leave when the unit has been so bad this year.

I can see Zeitler testing the market to see if he can get himself a huge payday from someone.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 03:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: With the O-line issues, I think it's much more likely that Zeitler gets tagged or signs a long term deal.  There's no way this team can afford to let one of their best lineman leave when the unit has been so bad this year.

There's no way Zeitler is worth $9m-ish/yr.

Replace him with a 3rd round pick, and then replace Paul Alexander with someone who can actually coach that 3rd round pick up.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Of course you don't cut a first round OT in essentially his rookie year. But we should start Winston cause as Boling
said PA cannot coach up players in the regular season. Bring in Og on certain jumbo packages to get him some
confidence and next year draft an OT or two to compete.

Fisher has been an even bigger disappointment cause he actually looked decent as a rookie.

Don't know what the hell is up with 2 players this year, Zeitler and Fisher and guess who coaches the both of them?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 01:58 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: They endorsed him during the preseason, correct?  You don't let someone continue to play when it is to the detriment of the team.  This is one of the guys who protects this franchise's prized possession.  You don't let Dalton continue to take a beating so other players can get experience.

I agree, and i think they do as well with the recent rotation of him and Winston. It wasn't the preseason. They were going off his tape in College and his measurables. He missed a ton of time before the season started. It's going to take more than 7 games of live action for him to get up to speed with confidence. I'm cool with the rotation right now because i don't want the QB killed either. 

I just think people are too ready to dump him before he has a real chance. I'm advocating for a little bit of patience. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 08:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I agree, and i think they do as well with the recent rotation of him and Winston. It wasn't the preseason. They were going off his tape in College and his measurables. He missed a ton of time before the season started. It's going to take more than 7 games of live action for him to get up to speed with confidence. I'm cool with the rotation right now because i don't want the QB killed either. 

I just think people are too ready to dump him before he has a real chance. I'm advocating for a little bit of patience. 

I am with you Rfaulk. Anyone who wants to cut the guy already has no patience whatsoever.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 08:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just think people are too ready to dump him before he has a real chance. 

That's because fans are idiots. A huge percentage of the same whiners that want Ogbuehi gone were the ones wanting Dalton gone too. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 02:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. Og has had a "redshirt" year, a full off-season, pre-season, and 7 games in he's showing no signs of getting any better. 

He missed most of last pre-season/regular season with an injury, and then missed most of this preseason with another injury (toe?).
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 01:59 PM)3wt Wrote: I get your point - and you'd have to say that he made some improvements in the running game.  But his pass blocking is atrocious and we were playing against the 31st rated defense.  So I don't attribute the 550+ yards to my man Og.

I realize the guy has yet to have a full offseason where the technique is drilled into you.  And I like the way Alexander was handling him Sunday.  It's a good educational technique to combine watching a seasoned veteran work and then going in and doing a couple of series yourself against the same defense.

But I'm impatient for a first round pick who was billed as a can't miss prospect to start living up to his talent a little.  So I'll admit I'm impatient, but I'm not going to credit the guy with a performance epiphany.

I did not say he was the reason for 550 yards. I said he did his job on some big plays. :heart:
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:44 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote:    The thing about this statement is Zim will make it happen, and quickly. We will just wait, and wait some more. That being said, it WAS the Browns, but running game and passing game opened up, though it may just be a mirage.

Boy, Zimmer sure fixed all the issues and quickly.

The Vikings lost to a horrible Bears team yesterday, horrible.

The NFL isn't a quick fix league.  If you haven't fixed your issues in the offseason, you sure aren't going do it during the season.

But, hey, Zimmer gives some pretty good press conferences.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 02:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Boy, Zimmer sure fixed all the issues and quickly.

The NFL isn't a quick fix league.  If you haven't fixed your issues in the offseason, you sure aren't going do it during the season.

Maybe he'll call 'em soft again. That should fix it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 02:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe he'll call 'em soft again. That should fix it.

Or tell them they didn't make any plays.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 02:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Boy, Zimmer sure fixed all the issues and quickly.

(11-01-2016, 02:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe he'll call 'em soft again. That should fix it.

(11-01-2016, 02:47 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Or tell them they didn't make any plays.

They're 5-2 without their starting QB and All Universe RB.  Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 03:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: They're 5-2 without their starting QB and All Universe RB.  Mellow

Real coaches don't make excuses.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Real coaches don't make excuses.   Smirk

I'm not a real NFL coach. Smirk

For the record, Zimmer said they played like doo doo, and they quit.  He never once mentioned Teddy or AP. :andy:

Meanwhile, our "real coach" said something to the effect of "at least we didn't lose." Mellow

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 03:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: They're 5-2 without their starting QB and All Universe RB.  Mellow

And they've lost 2 straight.  

Don't get me wrong, I wish Zimmer could be our next coach, but some people make it sound like just because Zimmer snaps his fingers or gives a good presser calling out his team that things will be fixed.

He scorched his team publicly after the Eagles loss and guess what happened?  They came out and played worse against a worse team.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 03:41 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: And they've lost 2 straight.  

Don't get me wrong, I wish Zimmer could be our next coach, but some people make it sound like just because Zimmer snaps his fingers or gives a good presser calling out his team that things will be fixed.

He scorched his team publicly after the Eagles loss and guess what happened?  They came out and played worse against a worse team.

I gotcha....and you're right.  That said, this team seems to lack fire at times, and we never see folks held accountable.  Something has to be done quickly here, or we are headed back to the middle of the Palmer era......or worse.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 03:41 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He scorched his team publicly after the Eagles loss and guess what happened?  They came out and played worse against a worse team.

This.

Too many people think the only thing that makes a good coach is the ability to scream and yell.

I have seen plenty of screaming coaches call out their teams and continue to lose.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 03:43 PM)Wyche Wrote:  and we never see folks held accountable.  

What does this even mean.

If a player messes up, but you don't have a better player to replace him with then what do you want a coach to do to "hold them accountable".

Zim called out his team and it did zero to improve their play.
Reply/Quote