Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can we now stop treating Steelers weeks like the Super Bowl?
2nd consecutive win over the Steelers, they're not world-beaters any more. I think it's time for Steelers week to become "ho-hum"
Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
First time in two decades we've beaten them on the road by double digits. No need to downplay, awesome job by the team and staff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No.

Every time we beat those assholes it’s special.

Reply/Quote
Even if we win the next 20 matchups it's still gonna feel great to beat the Steelers after the shit we have had to deal with for as long as I can remember.

They will always be my favorite team to stomp, nothing's gonna change that.
Reply/Quote
They're our division rivals and probably our biggest rival. They owned us for 2 decades.

So no...I'm not going to downplay any wins over them. We owe them 2 decades worth of butt kickings in response.

I'll also say this: did Steelers fans care when we sucked and they were rubbing it in?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It may never change for the fans unless it turns into a situation where the Bengals win the next 18 of 20 or something like that. There is just a lot of history and bad blood and animosity.

That being said, I'm not sure that "steeler week" has much meaning to the players on this team like it once did. The team is young and a lot of these guys as well as the coaches (outside of Simmons) weren't here for the worst parts of the rivalry. This team has been bad for two years in a row and right now I think they are more focused on just getting wins against anyone. Sure, they want to beat a divisional opponent but this doesn't have the feel from four or five years ago with the level of intensity. There wasn't the typical after the play pushing and shoving stuff you've seen in years past and that I think comes from a lot of the guys on both side who were at the center of that being gone or just past their prime (looking at you piggy).

Personally, I hope the guys on the team don't let it get back to that type of hype. I'd much rather them treat it like just another game which should lead to them keeping their cool and hopefully winning more of these games then losing them.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Sure and let's consider December 25th just another day.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 11:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It may never change for the fans unless it turns into a situation where the Bengals win the next 18 of 20 or something like that. There is just a lot of history and bad blood and animosity.

That being said, I'm not sure that "steeler week" has much meaning to the players on this team like it once did. The team is young and a lot of these guys as well as the coaches (outside of Simmons) for the worst parts of the rivalry. This team has been bad for two years in a row and right now I think they are more focused on just getting wins against anyone. Sure, they want to beat a divisional opponent but this doesn't have the feel from four or five years ago with the level of intensity. There wasn't the typical after the play pushing and shoving stuff you've seen in years past and that I think comes from a lot of the guys on both side who were at the center of that being gone or just past their prime (looking at you piggy).

Personally, I hope the guys on the team don't let it get back to that type of hype. I'd much rather them treat it like just another game which should lead to them keeping their cool and hopefully winning more of these games then losing them.
Well said
Reply/Quote
After a big win over The Squealers, at Ketchup Field, and the way we played. To answer the OP's question...
[Image: 1612413893_195024_1612413963_noticia_nor...corte1.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 11:41 PM)Tomkat Wrote: 2nd consecutive win over the Steelers, they're not world-beaters any more. I think it's time for Steelers week to become "ho-hum"
Thoughts?

We don't?

We treat it as a victory against our biggest rival, because they are and they're a POS franchise.

Have you ever seen the NFC East rivalries? They make ours look like a schoolyard jaunt.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
No, they owned us for years, time to enjoy payback
Reply/Quote
I'm still running drunk and naked through the streets in celebration.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:55 AM)Go Cards Wrote: I'm still running drunk and naked through the streets in celebration.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:24 AM)Trademark Wrote: No, they owned us for years, time to enjoy payback

Hey, we agree on something.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:55 AM)Go Cards Wrote: I'm still running drunk and naked through the streets in celebration.

It's Frank The Tank!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 11:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No.

Damn right.. 
Reply/Quote
What's wrong with being excited about a rivalry game?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 11:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No.

PREACH! I will feel this way until I die. Lol
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 08:49 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What's wrong with being excited about a rivalry game?

I don't find anything wrong with that... I just think that we shouldn't feed their egos anymore by treating the game as "our Super Bowl."
I think the ULTIMATE insult would be to treat them as "just another game" or even "2 easy W's on the schedule."
Reply/Quote
This is the worst Steelers team I've seen for ages.

But maybe our defense is stronger than we think.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote