Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you feel it?
(01-01-2022, 02:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no difference.  Beating the Chargers after the Steelers was crucial to our playoff seeding.

It is silly to act like any one who disagrees with anything you say is just being contrarian.  It takes a massive ego to believe it is impossible for anyone to ever question anything you say.

Wild card seeding.
AFC North champs.

Do those two things look the "same" to you?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 03:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The irony is rich in this post. Review your own post history toasty. It's hilarious that when someone mirrors your own posts, you have a meltdown.

This thread also exemplifies your poor interpersonal skills with an abundance of posters on this board as evident in countless threads.

Wow look at all those facts and specific examples Tecmo uses to attack me.

Oh wait, nevermind.  .  .  

Hilarious

Now, like I said before, don't you have other people in this thread that you have to insult for daring to disagree with you?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 03:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wild card seeding.
AFC North champs.

Do those two things look the "same" to you?

If it was an elimination game that we had to win to get in then you would have a point.  But even if we lose Sunday we can still win the division.
Reply/Quote
I've see a lot of talk about the 2 win - 2 loss thing but...

they started out the year 5-2, and they now have a chance to end the year even better at 6-2.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 04:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've see a lot of talk about the 2 win - 2 loss thing but...

they started out the year 5-2, and they now have a chance to end the year even better at 6-2.

Which would be sweet. If they win tomorrow, which hands the Chiefs another loss, do they also have momentum to get a playoff bye?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 04:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Which would be sweet. If they win tomorrow, which hands the Chiefs another loss, do they also have momentum to get a playoff bye?

They’d need a lot of help to get the 1 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 03:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow look at all those facts and specific examples Tecmo uses to attack me.

Oh wait, nevermind.  .  .  

Hilarious

Now, like I said before, don't you have other people in this thread that you have to insult for daring to disagree with you?

Most of your trolling replies to people are emotional rhetoric and not rooted in fact or specific examples. You purport time and time again you make good posts based on fact when you do not. Again, the irony is comical that you beat a meaningless drum trying to bring up a ridiculous argument that I am void of specific examples. You're presence in this thread is the example since it is apparently not clear to you. This is only a you problem. It's evident in your struggles to have positive interactions with many posters in this community. You can review your own post history and will likely find hours upon hours of specific examples.

Your initial reply to Tiger Teeth and the end to this quoted post is a specific example of your problematic forum behavior. Since it's a great example by me, I'll nicely offer you log off and reflect on how to be a better person or at the very least have an improved online personality.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:01 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 100% wrong. The difference is this game can lead to winning the AFC North. It's so silly to post a contrarian perspective.

He's never right.  It's incredible.  Reminds me of Biden 
Reply/Quote
I've been feeling a new vibe. It's not so much for this year as these last 2 games are gonna be very tough. I really hope we make the playoffs especially with as healthy as this team has been it could be a good chance to get a playoff win. But the vibe I'm feeling is for the team moving forward. I'm not sold completely on Taylor but I really like this group we have. If we can soldify this oline and add a couple pieces to the defense all while keeping the majority of our free agents. We will be a legit superbowl contender next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 04:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Which would be sweet. If they win tomorrow, which hands the Chiefs another loss, do they also have momentum to get a playoff bye?

IIRC, to get the bye:

Bengals win 2
Chiefs lose 2
Titans lose 1
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 04:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IIRC, to get the bye:

Bengals win 2
Chiefs lose 2
Titans lose 1

Thank you for the info, I guess I could have found it somewhere online. This appears to be an unlikely outcome. Anyhow, I'm good if we don't get the bye. We'll just have to watch Taylor, Burrow, and the team win out.
Reply/Quote
Thought this was a Phil Collins thread, boy was I wrong...it's a fredtoast versus thread.
Reply/Quote
Fred wants it that way.

That's his schtick
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 05:01 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Thought this was a Phil Collins thread, boy was I wrong...it's a fredtoast versus thread.

Every thread that Fred posts in becomes a fredtoast vs. thread.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 05:01 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Thought this was a Phil Collins thread, boy was I wrong...it's a fredtoast versus thread.

One might say you wanted:

[Image: impresionante-me.gif]

But instead got:

[Image: toasty.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually there is nothing different at all.  This is exactly the same vibe everyone was feeling after the last time we blew out the Ravens before we lost 2 straight games.  And the exact same vibe we felt after we blew out the Steelers before we lost two straight games.

I am not saying I am not excited.  I am.  I definitely think we can beat the Chiefs.  But there is nothing "different" about the current vibe and the ones we have felt earlier in the year.

Here's an idea Fred. The next time someone posts a positive thread about the Bengals and you feel that massive urge to take a big dump on it, just don't. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 04:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IIRC, to get the bye:

Bengals win 2
Chiefs lose 2
Titans lose 1

The Bills, Pats, and Colts can also get to 11-6. Would we have the tie breakers over them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually there is nothing different at all.  This is exactly the same vibe everyone was feeling after the last time we blew out the Ravens before we lost 2 straight games.  And the exact same vibe we felt after we blew out the Steelers before we lost two straight games.

I am not saying I am not excited.  I am.  I definitely think we can beat the Chiefs.  But there is nothing "different" about the current vibe and the ones we have felt earlier in the year.

[Image: 39aee2f82f55337f600fdbdeb558ceb4.jpeg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
C'mon folks. Quit being so mean to Fred. He obviously didn't stub his toe like everyone else this week.  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If it was an elimination game that we had to win to get in then you would have a point.  But even if we lose Sunday we can still win the division.

In the previous case you mentioned, it was impossible for the Bengals to lock a playoff berth.

Now it is possible for the Bengals to lock a playoff berth.

They are objectively different. There is no argument. The end. Does the difference matter? Who knows. But the difference exists.
Reply/Quote